Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

shelvey yesterday

Comments

• Options
    ffs do we really think jonjo's gonna base his f**king football career and next 5 minutes of his life around what a few goony charlton fans think or write on a message board ....
    let people have their opinions , that's part of the poxy game we all love
    i'm sure he's a bit more hardened to a bit of flak and not as precious to be too bovvered by other peoples opinions
    we've got a talent here that should deffo be playing at a higher level and will....
    if he's temperaments a bit wayward at times so be it ...
    if he's superb at times good for us...
    but everyone should be allowed to have their opinions whether we like them or not...
    otherwise you might as well write notes down to yourself and just read em back...
    it IS interesting to read other peoples views on things even if you don't agree with them !!
    anyway how many fans did we have up at tranmere;-)
  • Options
    I always remember Super Clive Mendonca -if he hadn't scored, he'd walk off the pitch in a right strop. Even if we'd won by two or three. Some players take their personal performance more obviously to heart.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Let me get this right Golfie, so that i understand.

You just witnessed our best away victory since Wolves away about 6-7 years ago, having been to most away games since you would have seen around 80% defeats, we're now top of the league and haven't dropped a point, and the only reflection you think is worth commenting on is the fact that a 17-year old was a bit disappointed about being substituted ?

Is that right ?

Absolutely. He had a great game yesterday (as did everyone). He made the first goal for Lloyd with a great run and cross. What the hell do you expect? Please, please, please give him a break!

p.s. Actually I think his petulance was positive not negative. It showed passion and desire. Something that has been lacking in too many older and so called wiser heads in recent seasons.
  • Options
    I agree oohaah but just feel we are over analysing Jonjo. Nobody else gets singled out on here so why him!?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I always remember Super Clive Mendonca -if he hadn't scored, he'd walk off the pitch in a right strop. Even if we'd won by two or three. Some players take their personal performance more obviously to heart.[/quote]

Not always a bad thing either
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I agree oohaah but just feel we are over analysing Jonjo. Nobody else gets singled out on here so why him!?

probably cos he's our hottest prospect and come thru our ranks imo
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Anyone else at the game yesterday notice Johnjo having a "strop" when substituted ?

He showed is true age when he obviously didn't want to go and slowly trooped off, head down and did not even turn around to applaud the fans chanting his name.........very unprofessional.

I know he is only a kid, but he has to learn that even if he doesn't like the managers decision he has to shrug it off, look lively and show some respect to the few hundred fans who made the long trip north.

On another note.............can smeone else start taking the corners & freekicks as Shelveys delivery is getting worse and we wasted some good positions yesterday by his woeful deliveries. I know he made the first goal but we had 2 or 3 free-kicks 30 yards out and every one was so low that the defender easily cleared them.

apart from that - really enjoyed the game[/quote]

GOLFIE YOUR A KNOB OF THE HIGHEST DEGREE , WE HAVE WON 4-0 AWAY 5 OUT OF 5,AND YOU JUST HAVE TO MOAN ABOUT SOMEONE,WHAT A COMPLETE T*SS*R
  • Options
    What Steve just said, you are a complete tool Golfie
  • Options
    this is my last comment on this.....
    A day before the window shuts and we are bagging our hottest prospect... and theres a blood relative on the board and maybe shelvey in disguise....

and whats worse we do it every week!!!!!!

MUPPETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Get off his back FFS. The lad is one of the best youngsters the club has produced and has the potential to be a full international. Who gives a shit if he threw a little strop when subbed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't really see how anyone can be critical of Shelvey's corners - he's the best corner taker we've had in a long long time. That said I do prefer it when we have two corner takers, one on each side - theres more options and it gives the defenders more to think about. The last time I felt comfortable with one of our players taking corners on both sides it was Kinsella. From that point of view, I'd like to see some of the others stepping up and saying, "I'll do this one, you get in the middle".
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Lets make it difficult for him to leave by showing him how much we love him and how valued he is. Think thats is what is needed the more gratitude we show him hopefully he will stay longer.[/quote]

I think the level of support shown by people in this thread and others indicates how people think about him, its only one or two detractors, who expect the 100% performance the 100% attitude every game from a young and developing player. From what i can gather Shelv's is playing pretty well at the moment with one or two games where his performance has been ok for most players but under par for him. Later in the season, because he is a youngster we are almost certainly going to drop him for a few games to recharge his batteries as form drops,its the nature of young players, when that happens hopefully he will not be lambasted for being a flash in the pan.

Trudging off disappointed that he has been substituted is no is no crime, as it was not for Sam two weeks ago. he did not, from what i have heard, abuse the manager, throw his shirt at the bench and for all we kow he may have picked up an injury.

Lets get off his back and talk about the team, if he is here on Wednesday we will still be sure that he is a great prospect and also that he is not the team but just an important cog in it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]Get off his back FFS. The lad is one of the best youngsters the club has produced and has the potential to be a full international. Who gives a shit if he threw a little strop when subbed.[/quote]

Also if hes gets stressy when he doesnt do so good must mean he has set the bar high for himself which cant be a bad thing at his age.
  • Options
    Jonjo is up there with a young Paul Walsh, Paul Elliott, Robert Lee, Lee Bowyer, Richard Rufus and Scott Parker as one of the best players we have ever had come through to the first team.
    Hail Jonjo, we don't see your like too often, keep on keeping on and ignore the .000000000000001% who wish to be critical, they're blind and stupid.
  • Options
    the .000000000000001% who wish to be critical, they're blind and stupid.

And maybe a tad jealous and are the types who would find fault in everything.
  • Options
    Isn't it a good thing when players don't want to come off?

Maybe you are forgetting when he applauded us when he came over to take a corner?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Isn't it a good thing when players don't want to come off?

Maybe you are forgetting when he applauded us when he came over to take a corner?[/quote]

True my freind i remember that. Yes it is a good thing as i said earlier he has clerly set himself a high bar to reach which can only be a good thing for him and the club.
  • Options
    Some fans/people are manic depressives, they cannot find happiness.

They will concentrate on the negatives even if we win the league with record points.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Some fans/people are manic depressives, they cannot find happiness.

They will concentrate on the negatives even if we win the league with record points.[/quote]

Thats incedibly sad init need to perk themselves up abit.
  • Options
    i think it's a positive to see a player disappointed at being taken off IMO - ok he should have clapped the fans but jeex give him a break.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jonjo's left wing cross for Lloyd Sam was top drawer.

It is also a good sign for a player to be disappointed at being substituted. How many of us would have hidden (or been able to hide) our disappointment at 17 years of age?

Rather that than the roll call of wasters taking their money under false pretences by masquerading as Charlton players since Curbs left.

We have the makings of a "proper" Charlton team. They deserve support not criticism.

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    Golfie with the old classic post-n-run.
  • Options
    Can't even be bothered to read yet another over analysis of Shelvey thread.

Boring.

He is a great player for a 17 year old, a big asset to the club.

I wasn't at the game so have no idea if he was good or bad yesterday and don't care cause we won 4-0.
  • Options
    Golfie's sitting at home trying very hard not to cream himself over how much attention his thread is getting. Sad little man.
  • Options
    I hope he goes i really do as some of you you lot are fuking Joke

He was pissed off with being substituted whoppe fecking doo

The best player we have produced since god knows when and every flipping week you lot dig him out

HE IS 17

what were you doing at 17 pulling your plods under the blanket over some nasty bitch in Razzle and now you come on here talking absolute shit

He deserves better than that he DID NOT HAVE TO SIGN HE COULD HAVE DONE A BOSTOCK take a long hard look in the mirror when he goes and saves the club you profess to love because if the takeover does not come off HE IS THE ONLY WAY WE WILL NOT DIE AS A CLUB

i dont understand the points you are trying to make

absolute shit talking tottenham sounding muppets

i give up
  • Options
    Only a minority nla, unfortunately the negatives seem to get highlighted 1000x more than the larger majority of positives about the lad.

I find it cowardly that Golfie cant even come back on and answer the question AFKA put to him. Wind up merchant of the highest degree.
  • Options
    Sam was not happy when he was taken off against Walsall but if he reacts with a performance like he did on saturday maybe not a bad thing!
  • Options
    the lads were all ahving so much fun again tranmere, most would have been gutted to be taken off! he is going to get tired though as as we haven't got a huge squad i hink Parky done the right thing taking him off considering the scoreline
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Only a minority nla, unfortunately the negatives seem to get highlighted 1000x more than the larger majority of positives about the lad.

I find it cowardly that Golfie cant even come back on and answer the question AFKA put to him. Wind up merchant of the highest degree.

agree with the minority mate but he is a special player and 1 we should be supporting even if he acted like a petulant 2 year old over anything, We should be protecting him fighting his corner and making sure taht he thinks about us as his club and his fans

it only ever takes a minority to spoil it for the rest in any thing

the boy deserves better

I get fed up at reading negative things about him as in every game i have been to this season bar the Ipswich friendly he ahs been no worse tahn any other player in a team taht has won every chuffing league game

i wish we were losing every game and then some of these people would be happy so they could moan about something
  • Options
    your starting to worry me NLA lol

hope shelvey goes, wish we were losing every game... :P