Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player power wins - REED OUT, PARDEW NEW MANAGER (8yrs ago today)

edited December 2014 in General Charlton
Signs 3 1/2yr deal

Comments

• Options
    mutual consent, both parties had no choice.

Despite what has happened, thanks Les.
  • Options
    had top happen , peakeys rocket said it yesterday
  • Options
    Fuk me, what a season this is turning out to be....

Sooper Al's Red n White Army !
  • Options
    From official site, before it crashes:

Les Reed has left his position as Charlton's head coach by mutual consent, the club announced on Sunday evening.

Alan Pardew will take charge of the Addicks, and has signed a three-and-a-half year contract.

The club is making no further comment at this time, but will be holding a press conference on Boxing Day.

Pardew will be the third man to take the helm of the Addicks since the start of the 2006/07 season following the news, which was officially announced at 7pm on Christmas Eve.
  • Options
    Managers at CAFC and West Ham - Its like wifes swapping - although I would have gone for the golf clubs!
  • Options
    Not convinced Pardew is the right man long term, but he knows what's what, has a good Charlton connection and likes to play the game in a decent footballing way.

Most important thing is he is given time by the fans to mould things his way.
  • Options
    Merry Christmas Mr Murray!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Managers at CAFC and West Ham - Its like wifes swapping - although I would have gone for the golf clubs!

....Or a bit like buses - only one manager for ages and then 3 come along all at once!

...Not sure if Pardew is the right man either but it was no use letting Reed have the money for the transfer window and then sacked a couple of weeks later.
  • Options
    so all that on wednesday from varney saying reed is here at least til end of season was bollocks.
    don't get me wrong we did need the change, but why say that. they have lied and i'm afraid i have lost faith in the honesty of the board.
    also it was only les reed saying that bent would not be sold in january which now worries me.
  • Options
    what else could they say PBS ?

I'd rather they do it this way, nice and cold with no public flagging before hand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they could've said nothing.
    or something that they weren't gonna do the exact opposite to 4 days later.
  • Options
    bent doesn't want to go, he'd only leave if the board wish to cash in on him , so i've heard
  • Options
    Who says Reed just bit the bullet himself last night?
  • Options
    the board asked reed to resign on wednesday , he refused and they were gonna sack him if we lost against boro..... obviously mutual consent reads prettier than another sacking
  • Options
    Right thats it i'm going to bed now as when i wake up I'll hopefully have a three year contract from CAFC in my aswell...

Hopefully they won't take mine away as quickly!
  • Options
    Cor, I haven't been this excited on Christmas Eve since I was a kid.
  • Options
    just when i thought it was a complete and utter certainty for us to get relegated there's a really really really miniscule chance that we might stay up!!!
  • Options
    i now have a renewed hope!!!

this has just made my chrimbo!!!!

whoop whoop!!!
  • Options
    Richard Murray has a lot to answer for.He has ballsed it up from start to finish.Reed should never have been given the job on a permanent basis,Murray has ruined a good man.
  • Options
    So, now that Reed's gone, are we definitely not getting Beckham in January?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pardew wants to sign spector and konchesky;-)
  • Options
    I hope the board allow Pardew to bring in his own team and if that means goodbye to Robson and Mills as well then so be it. Keep Kinsella.

If he can pick up a Benayoun/Reo Coker/Ashton/Gabbidon/Collins type of player for us this January then we might have a chance.

Good luck Les, wrong place, wrong time not your fault I too would have jumped at the chance to manage a Premiership club in your position. The Reading game showed though that there was no reation to his appointment, enough said onwards and upwards
  • Options
    fan power more like as well.

I agree with northstand steve as well. If Pardew can perform miracles and keep us up then all of this will be forgotten but Murray should be held accountable as well.
  • Options
    Bugger me!

Santa's come early!

Thank you Richard Murray.
  • Options
    Should have done it a week earlier. We might be looking forward to a Carling cup semi and got something from Saturday.
    Anyway, I'm not asking or expecting instant success, just some hope at the moment, I had none whatsoever before I heard the news.
  • Options
    Exactly- following my somewhat stunned post above- Surely this has been going on behind the scenes and today RM made Pardew an offer he couldn't refuse.

Still as you say Stone, now at least we have hope!
  • Options
    Best Christmas present we'll all get.

Im finally happy with the Charlton manager for the first time since last season and I hope every true Charlton fan gives Pards as much support as possible.

Its probably too late but at least we can recreate the spirit in the club and get rid of the deadwood.

Pards knows what we are all about.

Alan Pardew's red n white army, we hate palace.

Good luck Les, you didnt deserve all this.
  • Options
    After the wycombe game I wanted reed to resign, then I thought hey let him get his own players in and see what happens. Now this, Im sitting on the Fence, Im not sure what eslse to say. Christmas realy is shit!
  • Options
    I'm ecstatic just got back from Safeway, about to put the Rupert Bear DVD on for my daughter & a quick glance at the BBC website - BINGO!!!!!

Great news as we were heading for destruction under Reed. Feel sorry for him, but this is a sport with little room for sentamentality.

We are staying up.

LOL
  • Options
    super,
    super Al,
    super,
    super Al,
    super,
    super Al,
    super Alan Pardew.

Merry Christmas everyone. Even to Les and the missus.

Cummon you Reds. LOL