Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nuisance neighbour's dog pisses on T-shirt shock!

I've started this thread to tell you of a situation that arose last night with a neighbour but also for any other tales you all might have about a nuisance neighbour.

To give you some background on this guy, he often plays loud music and other neighbours have called the police about that, he lets his dog shit everywhere in our communal garden and a month or so ago I asked him to clean up the pee his dog had left at the bottom of the stairs near the door to the garden.

Anyway, last night I went down to the cellar to get something, when laying next to the cellar door I saw one of my T-shirts that I had previously hang on the line in the big shed we have in the garden. I hardly needed to pick it up to know that it was from my previously clean T-shirt that the stink of dog piss originated. It wasn't hard to work out that this guy had used my shirt to wipe up some dog piss. I resisted the temptation to go immediately to his flat to confront him, deciding to think about it whilst getting what I needed from the cellar. A few minutes later however I heard him come down the stairs to get his dog from the garden so I decided to confront him while I had the chance.

I asked him quite simply why my T-shirt stunk of dog piss. To clarify I accused him more directly of using my shirt to wipe up his dog's piss. 'That would surprise me' he replied, as if we were talking about someone else. I won't detail our whole conversation except that he gave me blithe replies and so I got angry with him, pushed him out into the garden and pushed him about a bit more getting scratched by his dog in the process. Then my wife came down to see what was going on, he threatened to call the police (which he hasn't done) and I just told him to go back to his flat.

All I'd like to ask you lifers is what you would have done in this situation?
Did I go too far or not far enough?
Should I have taken another course of action?
What do you all reckon?

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, but this made me lol.
  • Options
    Take a leaf out of Derek 'Killer' Hales book.
  • Options
    You went too far I'm afraid JM.

Best course of action would have been to piss on his clothes next time they were hanging out to dry.
  • Options
    I can understand the reaction, i would of done the same or ended up smacking him.
    I think you need to be a bit more subtle, like putting his dog mess in his letter box and other mature type things.
    Only downside of this is that it could turn into a bit of a war. then you will end up smacking him anyway.
    SO all in all i have not been much help apologies
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]You went too far I'm afraid JM.

Best course of action would have been to piss on his clothes next time they were hanging out to dry.

He doesn't use the shed. He hangs his stuff on his balcony.
  • Options
    it sounds like you have tried the reasonable approach so the next logical step is to kill the neigbour and feed him to his dog.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C.Walsh'sLoveChild[/cite]I can understand the reaction, i would of done the same or ended up smacking him.
    I think you need to be a bit more subtle, like putting his dog mess in his letter box and other mature type things.
    Only downside of this is that it could turn into a bit of a war. then you will end up smacking him anyway.
    SO all in all i have not been much help apologies

I thought of putting the dog shit outside his door and other suchlike ideas but wrote then all off precisely because as you say it can start a 'war' which with a neighbour would be quite harrowing. That's why up until yesterday I've been nice to him. I've told him plainly that I think the loud music is not on and I asked him nicely to clean up dog piss on the floor a couple of months ago which I think he never did (after 3 weeks I think it dried naturally).
    Obviously however yesterday was quite a different story as he was literally taking the piss, and I wasn't going to be nice about it, although I was willing to let him make an apology or even just make a lame excuse. It was the denial that riled me.
  • Options
    What sort of Dog JM ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]What sort of Dog JM ?

I'm no good with dog breeds so I can't tell you. It's a golden colour and medium sized. Large enough to have scratched me just under my chest anyway. It's not what you'd call vicious looking although I've been wary of it up until now. I'm surprised that I just ignored it whilst having a go at the guy.
  • Options
    5 years ago I'd have chinned him no questions asked.
    Now I'd say oi u **** then chin him LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its a tough one. Because if you chin him you will have to watch your back as he might know some mates. So I suggest you kill him and the dog and bury them in the communal garden.
  • Options
    What colour is the dogshit ?

If its white its ok to eat if not I would avoid
  • Options
    Mate, this is what you need to tell him...

Oi..si vous ne vous arrêtez pas chien de chier dans le jardin que je vais introduire les garçons de la vie de Charlton pour déchirer votre épine dehors vous aucun bon branleur français.
  • Options
    Seriously it's not worth the confrontation - if he likes playing loud music then he's not going to stop and may well well ratchet up the decibels a notch or two. Presumably this is in France...do you have a local environment officer on your council or equivalent that you could complain to? Chances are that he's annoyed one or two other people in his time and may have a bit of history with the local council/police. At the very least I'd recommend going down that route first before taking direct action, however satisfying that may be. You don't want your car scratched or wife/child harrassed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Seriously it's not worth the confrontation - if he likes playing loud music then he's not going to stop and may well well ratchet up the decibels a notch or two. Presumably this is in France...do you have a local environment officer on your council or equivalent that you could complain to? Chances are that he's annoyed one or two other people in his time and may have a bit of history with the local council/police. At the very least I'd recommend going down that route first before taking direct action, however satisfying that may be. You don't want your car scratched or wife/child harrassed.

Not worth the confrontation - that was how I've seen it up until yesterday.

Sorry, but what has this got to do with the environment? Do you mean in terms of the environment (dog waste in its various forms) being a health hazard?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Mate, this is what you need to tell him...

Oi..si vous ne vous arrêtez pas chien de chier dans le jardin que je vais introduire les garçons de la vie de Charlton pour déchirer votre épine dehors vous aucun bon branleur français.

Interesting French! I like the 'garcons de la vie de Charlton' bit though - lol
  • Options
    Maybe you could leave a communal palace shirt in the communal garden for cleaning up dog pi55 and sh**.

I'm seriously thinking of a way to KILL my neighbours dog.Barking all hours of the F****** day and night.Maybe put some rat poison in a tin of pedigree chum and sling it over the fence is what i'm thinking.
  • Options
    poison the dog
  • Options
    Sorry, but what has this got to do with the environment? Do you mean in terms of the environment (dog waste in its various forms) being a health hazard?

Yep, unless dog crap all over a communal garden and one used presumably by your young child is ok.

As you have neighbours who are suffering the noise etc then you need to get together and make a formal united complaint.

If that gets nowhere then form a political party to fight the next local elections, call it the "keeping our communal garden clean party" and run against your local councillor.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    People of that ilk cynically exploit the reluctance of the decent majority to engage in confrontation.

If the authorities are not interested then there will come a time you have to summon up the courage* to stand up to them or else your life will be hell forever more (or at least until you or they move).

* I do not intend to suggest you are cowardly by that comment. What I mean is that most ordinary, decent folk just want to mind their own business and get on with their own lives so there is a natural reluctance amongst that type of person to confront neighbours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Mate, this is what you need to tell him...

You just put that through Babelfish ......? ha ha, made me laugh!
  • Options
    Headbutt,right hook,left hook kick him in the nuts............................... then start on the neighbour SORTED.
  • Options
    I suggest you never do the following.

1. Cr@p in a newspaper.
    2. Put it on his doorstep.
    3. Set light to the newspaper.
    4. Knock on his door.
    5. Watch him open the door, stamp out the flames and walk back into his house...
  • Options
    After him taking liberties like that and not giving too much of a monkies I would shovel dog/human shit through the letterbox of his flat. Then when he comes to confront you avert your eyes over his shoulder as if you are concentrating on something going on behind him then bang him clean on the chin where it meets his jaw. KO'd and won't take liberties anymore with his animal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

No Oggy...I can speak many languages. I am bi-sexual.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

I just done it and got this reply

Oi. .si you do not stop dog shitting in the garden which I will introduce the boys of the life of Charlton to tear your spine outside you no good French wanker.

like it VM like it

i think i would have done the same jimmy and to be fair he is lucky that you didnt crack him one, i would leave it now as i am sure there will be a follow up to this thread when he does something else.. then crack him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Sorry, but what has this got to do with the environment? Do you mean in terms of the environment (dog waste in its various forms) being a health hazard?

Yep, unless dog crap all over a communal garden and one used presumably by your young child is ok.

As you have neighbours who are suffering the noise etc then you need to get together and make a formal united complaint.

If that gets nowhere then form a political party to fight the next local elections, call it the "keeping our communal garden clean party" and run against your local councillor.

I had thought of complaining about the dog shit to the estate agent but I think you're right - it's better to go directly to the council....................after I get the estate agent to arrange to cut the grass regularly.

Soon all the dog shit is going to be frozen in deep snow for 5 months anyway.

I don't know about a formal united complaint with the neighbours about the loud music - so far as I understand there is nothing that can be done before 10pm and I don't want to give him a reason to play it even louder in daytime (if his stereo can go even louder, that is). The music affects the people opposite mostly - we are 2 floors beneath him.
  • Options
    If he's not the owner - can you trace the owner and have a word with them?
  • Options
    Sounds like he knows now he messed around someone he shouldn't. I'd be surprised if he didn't tone down his behaviour on the back of this...
  • Options
    Try putting a laxative in some bait for the dog when it's on its way back to his flat (some sausagemeat would do) by the time it works the dog will shit all over his flat.