Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derren Brown

edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
OK then, how did he just predict the lottery numbers then? Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    The best one i've heard so far was he used lasers projected onto the balls!

He's just a genius.
  • Options
    The only thing that bugged me was the fact that he didnt turn his numbers round before the draw started, and the fact he wrote the numbers down first - did that do something?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]The only thing that bugged me was the fact that he didnt turn his numbers round before the draw started, and the fact he wrote the numbers down first - did that do something?

With some old 'legal' BS that the BBC had to show the numbers before he could... hmmmm

If he truly could predict the numbers, then why didnt he buy a ticket?!
  • Options
    Top magic
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]If he truly could predict the numbers, then why didnt he buy a ticket?!

maybe he did. i think he's brilliant however he does it, he's always impressive to watch.
  • Options
    i clicked on this thinking it would say he's signed for millwall.

i need to go to bed.
  • Options
    Some people really are gullible on here. It's obvious - he writes down all the 14 million combinations before the draw and just shows the winning one afterwards. It's hardly rocket science is it......
  • Options
    I think the balls were filled with iron filings or something similar.
    Then as the numbers came out some kind of electrical/magnetic charge was put through each ball in the shape of the numbers and the filings stuck to them to produce the numbers. Maybe has a fine grid of squares on the balls that could hold a current and be turned on and off - bit like how a digital clock has 7 individual segments, but you can make any number out of those segments.

Bet he doesnt really show how he did it on the next programme though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

He wasn't allowed to buy a ticket
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]The only thing that bugged me was the fact that he didnt turn his numbers round before the draw started, and the fact he wrote the numbers down first - did that do something?

With some old 'legal' BS that the BBC had to show the numbers before he could... hmmmm

Didn't have any change to buy a ticket with, so I heard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why could n't he have done this the day before , could've saved myself £5
  • Options
    what about the white board that he wrote the numbers down on.
    How come they were in numberical order? If he was writing them down as they came out they would have been in the order they were drawn !!!

Someone else was saying it was camera trickery and the left side of the screen was frozen once he had moved away and the balls were changed. Then once the balls had been replaced, the feed went back to a live feed for both halves of the screen.
    Did anyone tape it - can you see a camera wobble on the left hand side ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]If he truly could predict the numbers, then why didnt he buy a ticket?!

maybe he did. i think he's brilliant however he does it, he's always impressive to watch.

Leave it out! His acting skills are lame... pretending to be a quivering wreck - and the hand to the mouth was oh so convincing!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]what about the white board that he wrote the numbers down on.
    How come they were in numberical order? If he was writing them down as they came out they would have been in the order they were drawn !!!

Someone else was saying it was camera trickery and the left side of the screen was frozen once he had moved away and the balls were changed. Then once the balls had been replaced, the feed went back to a live feed for both halves of the screen.
    Did anyone tape it - can you see a camera wobble on the left hand side ?

Yeah go on youtube, people have recorded it and zoomed in to the balls, the far left one does move a little between frames, so i imagine its split screen, with the left side pre recorded and the right balls put in the rack, and then they switch it back to live after the draw. Seems viable.
  • Options
    I prefer Mystic Meg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]what about the white board that he wrote the numbers down on.

1. It's entirely possible that the balls could come out in numerical order (not that they did)
    2. If you watch the clip, he waits til the draw has finished and numbers sorted before writing them down
  • Options
    Ok - Ive only seen it the once, and then i saw a photo in paper of him holding the written numbers above the balls and couldnt remember if he wrote them down as they came out.
  • Options
    I thougtht split screen at first, but would he really go through all this advertising and build up just for camera trickery.
  • Options
    At the start of the show he says that there is only 3 people in the room, him and 2 camera men, so this would rule out anyone switching. But, they only used the camera in the corner for less than 5 seconds (this camera will prob be used to show what really happened).

My money is on the 2nd cameraman switching the balls, while on split screen. Then they used him writing down the numbers as a diversion while it switched back to live.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I thougtht split screen at first, but would he really go through all this advertising and build up just for camera trickery.
    After seeing the joke of the horse racing scam he did it wouldnt surprise me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Suppose so.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If he's on £10k a week and goes on a 90 day loan that is 13 weeks x £10k = £130k for Millwall to pay for some very good cover in an injury crisis.

Wolves manager might have done his old club a favour and only asked them to pay some of the wages so could be less.

If it happens at all that is.
  • Options
    LOL Salad
  • Options
    So why isn't he winning the lottery every week?

It's all to do with the power of suggestion/subliminal suggestion , people like Derren Brown don't fool people, he allows people to fool themselves.
  • Options
    Taken from a forum

"Right.... I've watched the end bit in close detail.... they swap the balls. If anyone here has a recording of it, go forward to where he is writing out the numbers on the board, between 23 and 28 the camera freezes position, totally and solidly, it does not move a millimetre, despite being handheld and moving the whole time. So this is when the switch occurs. Secondly, go back to where he shows the balls in the holder at the start and explains the prediction is here but he cant show the numbers, you will notice that all the ball are perfectly in line height wise, now fast forward to a split second before he picks the balls up and turns around the little holder, 39 is clearly raised.

The balls are switched, and they are switched when he writes out the numbers 23 and 28 on the card. Its camera trickery.

I think it's done with two cameras, or two feeds to the same camera, somehow"

Exact Explanation:
    A handheld camera follows him into thes studio, as we all see, however once the show really kicks off it is placed on a mount and the movent of the camera is added as an effect afterwards, notice how the movement is never forward or back. With the camera now (effectively) in a static position, its a trivial task to run footage on the left hand side of the screen that was recorded earlier, by the same camera, in the same position. The freeze of movement we see is moement before the cameraman picks up the camera from its mount and returns to holding it in his hands/shoulder. Sadly, the whole thing is blown by a) the freeze being too long, proving the camera is on a mount and the movement is added as an effect and b) the different position of the balls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFDWHUPF_s8

Basically hes been found out. I doubt that he was going to reveal the split screen camera scam on hes friday show.
  • Options
    No one won the jackpot last night.
  • Options
    I noticed this last night when watching, the camera started shaking just as the balls were drawn so Ikept my eyes on the stand with the balls, all of a sudden it froze as has been mentioned. Split screen seems to be the obvious one or is it a double bluff?

No matter what people say he is impressive just look at the interest generated in a 10 minute programme. Although I would say some people have to realise it isn't anything new he is doing, a lot is just simple NLP techniques granted though he is very good with them.
  • Options
    bit of an elemantory error to have the 39 ball sticking up like that after they were all at same level before - not that i noticed first time but obviously some would
  • Options
    If it was that simple, why didn't someone else do it years ago?
  • Options
    It WAS that simple. The evidence is there for us to see. He used a split screen but he is very clever in the way he makes people think he could actually predict the lottery.