Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

American "Football"

Go Redskins !!

SS3 v. New York Giants.

Comments

• Options
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................
  • Options
    They're not looking good. Campbell isn't having the best of times.

supporting philadelphia, I want redskins to win because they're blatantly going to finish bottom of the nfc east... ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................
  • Options
    American Rugby: played by men that like Quiche.
  • Options
    It can't be as boring as listening to people telling you they're not interested in american football.

Why bother commenting?
  • Options
    Broncos fan - for the last 25 years. Man they look shit this year though - hiring a head coach who's younger than some of the players, letting him get into a strop with arguably the bext young QB in the league and trading him away for a gash replacement, the whole nonsense around Brandon Marshall unsettling the team (just trade the f***er already) and scraping to a win against one of the worst teams in the league in the last few seconds. Be lucky to win 5 games this year I think.

Yank at work is taking me to the Wembley game for free - tickets on the halfway line about twenty rows back :)
  • Options
    Just had a few quid on the Eagles (Philly not Palarse) and Bears (heart not head).
  • Options
    LA--

Many of my fellow Bears fans may be willing to give Cutler back to McDaniels after this debut...
  • Options
    Raiders fans way back to 83'

We will probably do our usual Monday night blowout against the Chargers, but i do beleive we are turning the corner.

I fancy the Saints this year, they way Brees started his first game I wouldnt bet against him having a 6,000+ yard season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: All_Thaid_Up[/cite]Raiders fans way back to 83'

We will probably do our usual Monday night blowout against the Chargers, but i do beleive we are turning the corner.

I fancy the Saints this year, they way Brees started his first game I wouldnt bet against him having a 6,000+ yard season

I'm a Raiders man myself....since around 1971/72 when I lived in The Bay Area.
  • Options
    Nice one SA.

Been a tough few years, but hopefully it will turn this year I think probably 8-8 but we have a tough Interconference schedule this year!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]It can't be as boring as listening to people telling you they're not interested in american football.

Why bother commenting?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................................. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]It can't be as boring as listening to people telling you they're not interested in american football.

Why bother commenting?
    It cant be as boring as listening to people commenting on people telling you they're not interested in American Rugby. Why bother commenting? =)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: All_Thaid_Up[/cite]Nice one SA.

Been a tough few years, but hopefully it will turn this year I think probably 8-8 but we have a tough Interconference schedule this year!
    Remember the great Super Bowl days.........head coach John Madden.......my all time favourite Raider, offensive linebacker Otis Sistrunk(what a beast of a man he was!)........quarter back Ken Stabler......Ted Hendricks...Balitnikof.....Art Shell.....George Blander etc etc.what a team they were...........untouchable!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: All_Thaid_Up[/cite]Raiders fans way back to 83'

Raiders for me too - needed to chose a team in the first superbowl I watched and they duly beat the Redskins. Does that make me a glory hunter?
    Also, never seen them live - must be a plastic !!!!
  • Options
    Go Rams but it is Baseball that really counts

Cards walking away with the division. Series here we come.
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Go Rams but it is Baseball that really counts

Cards walking away with the division. Series here we come.

I agree Henry, baseball is excellent, unfortunately my team White Sox look off the wild card pace now, think Yankees might be too strong for everyone although Phillies looking good.

Bears for me in NFL although just seen they lost to the Packers, taped it on Five last night. Got me tickets for the Wembley game next month, hope they bring an MLB game soon, not sure how do-able that is though!
  • Options
    Eagles, Phillies & Flyers. All three trophies to the 'city of brotherly love'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]LA--

Many of my fellow Bears fans may be willing to give Cutler back to McDaniels after this debut...
    I watched the first half. Was loving it when he had a passer rating of about 10 after the first quarter... :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]Eagles, Phillies & Flyers. All three trophies to the 'city of brotherly love'.
    You're not having that. The Flyers(Failures)? Behave.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]Eagles, Phillies & Flyers. All three trophies to the 'city of brotherly love'.

Ok the Flyers are the weakest of the three, but as long as the Penguins dont win it, i'll settle for the other two.
  • Options
    I don't think the eagles will win it, even after yesterday.

Losing Stewart Bradley is big, and it's a shame Cornelius Ingram is out. Can't wait to see what they do with vick though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]

Ok the Flyers are the weakest of the three, but as long as the Penguins dont win it, i'll settle for the other two.
    Clearly we've never met. I'm the biggest Pens fan outside Pennsylvania. I hate the Flyers with a passion :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]

Clearly we've never met. I'm the biggest Pens fan outside Pennsylvania. I hate the Flyers with a passion :)

I lived in a house of 4 Phillie lads in Pittsburgh Uni. I didnt really have a choice!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]It can't be as boring as listening to people telling you they're not interested in American football.

Why bother commenting?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................................. ;-)

Having been a "soccer" writer and broadcaster for a very long time in the U.S., it seemed we were constantly being put in a position of defending soccer. And being told how boring it is. Usually by American football fans, writers etc.
    It is most likely the opposite on the other side of the pond, where so many people find American football, or "gridiron" to be a bore.
    To each his own, was always my response.
    (Coincidentally, the debate never seems to be between cricket and baseball, other than an occassional 'rounders being a girls' sport' comment.)

I'm not particularly interested in lacrosse or track & field (outside of the Olympics), but I am not going to slag them off because I'm not that interested.

One thing that I've learned is that it useless to engage in a football/soccer vs. American football/gridiron debate.
    There is no convincing that either side can do to sway the other. You might as well be arguing about colors/colours.
    If you happen to find one or the other boring, what purpose does it serve to start the argument?
    Just enjoy one or the other, or both.
    The sporting world is large enough for everyone and their own particular favorites/favourites.

So GO Giants in American football, and Red Sox in baseball!!!
  • Options
    Follow Giants in Amercian football, since the early days of Tiki Barber. Blue Jays in Baseball.

TBH Giants don't look the team of the past few years, a playoff birth would be a success this year as I see the Eagles winning the NFC East, although McNabb has just broken his rib.
  • Options
    Bengals fan since forever and I resent us being called one of the worst teams in the league - we have just been consistently unlucky for the past 20 years .....

If anyone ends up winning it other than bleedin Pittsburgh then I will be happy (we get used to very small moral victories!).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]Follow Giants in Amercian football, since the early days of Tiki Barber. Blue Jays in Baseball.

TBH Giants don't look the team of the past few years, a playoff birth would be a success this year as I see the Eagles winning the NFC East, although McNabb has just broken his rib.
    'Early days'? Try Phil Simms!
  • Options
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: SE7[/cite]Follow Giants in Amercian football, since the early days of Tiki Barber. Blue Jays in Baseball.

'Early days'? Try Phil Simms!

I can barely remember Y.A. Tittle and Del Shofner, sitting on my father's lap watching on a black & white. But really go back to the Fran Tarkenton, Ron Johnson, Homer Jones and Spider Lockhart days.