Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My mate Dave

13»

Comments

• Options
    That's a great tribute Carter.

He sounds like a great bloke.

RIP
  • Options
    My thoughts go out to Dave, his friends and his family. Sounds like the sort of bloke it would have been good to know.

Take care of yourself, Carter.
  • Options
    RIP to your friend Carter.

Reminds me of a story about an old school friend. One day he goes to the park and for no apparent reason he's swinging on the crossbar of a goalpost. His hand slipped, he fell landing awkwardly on his neck which broke killing him instantly.
  • Options
    RIP. Such a shame.
  • Options
    RIP to your mate, tragic!
  • Options
    awful news, very sorry mate. great tribute from yourself
  • Options
    Terrible thing to happen, condolences to all.
  • Options
    its terrible news. As carter says he was a quality player. And was one of the only ones that turned up to training every week too. I told my dad about it and he even remembered him from coming to watch just one game. Think its because he was the loudest one other than carter!

Sorry dicko it must be horrible as he was a close pal too.

RIP dave
  • Options
    Cannot say how much I appreciate the thoughts ladies & gents.

I think a benefit/memorial game is going to get sorted (JohnBoy I can let you know when & where if you like) as he was pretty well known in local league circles and like Carlsberg says, people always remembered playing with/against him!

Cheers again
  • Options
    Thats terrible.RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How cruel life can be....RIP
  • Options
    We had the funeral yesterday, very moving. His family chose 'he ain't heavy' and Stand by me by Ben E King and they are now 2 songs I won't be able to listen to again in quite the same way.

The wake was up Blues Rock bar at Priestfields, very, very emotional speeches his girlfriends dad did a couple of bits and almost destroyed me when he played a song (haven't a clue what it was) but he said to listen to the words as he could imagine Dave singing it to Kady, that almost broke me! A local league referee who has never had to send anyone off did a speech on the pitch and sent Dave off with a red card tied to balloons that were let off. Again, it is a horrible sight to see men cry let alone some tough blokes but all that meant was he was a good pal to a lot of people and is going to be sorely missed.

All in all, one of the worst days of my life but a very good send off for a proper good fella. He would of loved it, the geezer filled the Rainham end!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Lovely Carts. Sounds like a great send off and very fitting.Brenda
  • Options
    tears in my eyes pal...

condolences from afar

certainly made me think

gotta make the most of it eh!

RIP Dave
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this sad news. A terrible tragedy.
  • Options
    Some things may only be seen through eyes that have wept.
  • Options
    Two reasons for making a noise on this thread.

One, I really miss a good pal that has not died whilst serving his country but serving his love of football

Two, from all the honkin and whinging we are doing over tickets for the yid game, Dennis Wise, Richard Murray and Phil Parkinson I get the impression lots of us are fucked off

I bumped into Daves sister today and she reminded me that Dave would wish for us to kil the yidos and to run around exposing ourselves. Sorry to be a little girl but that almost got me
  • Options
    love your posts carter your a good man.
  • Options
    Carts Are you going to the Yids,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oh yes
  • Options
    Good man where u beering a few of us are going for a few bevvies and a ruby after if your up for it
  • Options
    Not sure yet, may be meeting a couple of proper stinking yids at victoria but a ruby sounds bloody excellent
  • Options
    theres a place called the Razza in woodford mate its proper nice, i will be with some yids as well if you fancy it then gis a whisper
  • Options
    I'll be in touch D