Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BBC Highlights show - oh good ...

... extended highlights of Newcastle match first on again!

Comments

• I cant wait for our 12 seconds...
  • Oooh I stand corrected. Nice little intro.
  • No way should the MK Dons player have been sent off!
  • fair challenge from Puncheon, knew we should have signed him
  • Leed v Charlton will be the BBC game next week. Apparently.

Anyway, as a Charlton fan you should be used to being way down the list of priorities as far as the BBC are concerned.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Leed v Charlton will be the BBC game next week. Apparently.
    Of course it will. It'll have a five minute reminiscence about the 'glory days' of Leeds (Bremner, Hunter etc), And we'll get tonked.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]fair challenge from Puncheon, knew we should have signed him

So does Parkie
  • On Five Live's Sports Report we got ......"and Charlton won too....." .
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]... extended highlights of Newcastle match first on again!

Bolocks init they may as well call it the geordies arse lickers show ;-).
  • Ipswich look like us from last season. Don't fancy their chances if Keane remains in charge.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Ipswich look like us from last season. Don't fancy their chances if Keane remains in charge.

You're not Keane, then .... ?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Ipswich look like us from last season. Don't fancy their chances if Keane remains in charge.

Dwight Yorke lifted the lid on some of Keane's managerial "tactics" in the NOTW, I don't think he is really cut out for modern day management.

Players these days - even in the CCC - just won't put up with being slapped and abused in public by Keane, I doubt if he would have put up with it himself from Fergie once he had made it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Ipswich look like us from last season. Don't fancy their chances if Keane remains in charge.

You're not Keane, then .... ?

;o)
    lol!

They had one shot on target against Newcastle, very Charlton last season.
  • Yea i can see the comparisson to us last season think they are going to struggle Kean just cant get it righ can he.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Leed v Charlton will be the BBC game next week. Apparently.
    Of course it will. It'll have a five minute reminiscence about the 'glory days' of Leeds (Bremner, Hunter etc), And we'll get tonked.
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]On Five Live's Sports Report we got ......"and Charlton won too....." .
    Let Leeds have all the attention, their collective ego needs it more than us. Personally I don't care if Leeds nick all the limelight and we slip back into the Championship under the radar.
  • With the internet availability of the game, I can understand why the beeb only give a short exposure to most teams, well I could if they then put on more on the net, but no same if not less coverage. I looked to the beeb internet to see the penalty incident (which I missed) and maybe a few different angles of the goals maybe a word or two with the two managers, but no,total rubbish
  • edited October 2009
    Just watched the Colchester game on BBC and fortunately just as poor as previous poor efforts from the beeb. Did not even show Lisbies miss
  • And having missed the start of tonight's show, assuming we wouldn't be on til after midnight, I discover we're the first game. AAaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrghhhhh!!!!!!!
  • will be on iplayer as soon as the show finishes
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]And having missed the start of tonight's show, assuming we wouldn't be on til after midnight, I discover we're the first game. AAaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrghhhhh!!!!!!!

Exactly the same
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it worth downloading? Is there more than a minute of our game?
  • [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]Is it worth downloading? Is there more than a minute of our game?

Featured game so yes, but be prepared for a love in for Leeds. Apparently the only reason they did not win was because it was windy, nothing to do with us having at least 50% of the game.
  • They've already come out with excuses.such as it was windy and we had a few injuries and Charlton wouldnt let us have the ball.I was watching sky and they way the game was being described it was as if it was all Leeds but the facts say otherwise.
  • Its (full programme) available via red button until lunchtime today too.
  • Is it? I'm just getting the Grand Prix
  • Watched the game live, we played well, particularly in the second half, there was a 15 minute spell where we totally dominated. Neutrals watching with me thought if either team deserved to win it was us. They were also impressed by the way we kept going for the win rather than taking a draw in the latter stages of the game.
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Is it? I'm just getting the Grand Prix

If you've got Virgin then you should be able to find it in the catch up section
  • see it on i player guys......
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00n5b2f/The_Football_League_Show_2009_2010_03_10_2009/

It is the first game on just before 2 minutes . about 9 minutes. The 'expert' Claridge seems incapable of mentioning Charlton and dwell on Leeds and why they did not score!, and blamed the 'wind'......

After saying that Roder gave a decent report, do not think you can expect more for this division re coverage
  • Were charlton there?

According to the analysis it was just leeds
    leeds
    leeds
    leeds
    and some more leeds.

Now lets get back to our regular schedule of newcastle
  • have to say the best bit was from the Nillwall numpty email " great win for the Lions today. Do you think we can get back to the glory days?" ----------------- FFS "glory days" and Nillwall ---------------------just what is that ?