Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Sullivan - 2+2 probably = Nowt but....

13»

Comments

• Options
    Interesting from No 1 in South London Club. He has mentioned in prev interviews about having a "stake" in the club.. maybe this is his plan after all. If it goes tits up he loses £40 million..... if West Ham accepts his bid, he and Gold and Karen Brady turn the club completly around and they end up with a profit long term.

Also if they accept... after a while being there.. he could "re=negotiate" and say ok I invest another £40 mill and I will take total control. Good thinking there...
  • Options
    its the same situation that has stalled our supposed take over..... no one wants to come into a nightmare, and the guys currently at the club dont want to leave empty handed.... nightmare
  • Options
    Plan B?
  • Options
    I would imagine that if The Sun report is anywhere close to being accurate then the negotiations would take months so Plan B even if it did include Charlton is quite some way off.
  • Options
    The new owners of Birmingham City FC have contacted police over their concerns about possible irregularities in the Premier League club's accounts.

West Midlands Police said officers from its economic crime team met club bosses yesterday to discuss "a number of allegations put forward by the club".

It said officers were considering if there were grounds for an inquiry.

Hong Kong businessman Carson Yeung took over the club last month from David and Ralph Gold and David Sullivan.

The previous owners were unavailable for comment.

West Midlands Police said in a statement: "Following the meeting, officers are now assessing a number of allegations that have been put forward by Birmingham City FC to try and determine whether there are any grounds for a formal police inquiry.

"The force would stress that at this early stage this is not a criminal investigation, merely a preliminary assessment of some information supplied by the club."

A Birmingham FC spokesman confirmed the club had met with police, adding: "As the matter is now in the hands of the police it is not suitable to comment further about this."

Does this mean all bets are off?
  • Options
    maybe Palace are their Plan B