Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent bent bent

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i still dont get why he is not in the england squad, instead we play someone who cant score in a brothel!

Benty's record himself deserves a chance, didnt see why spurs got rid of him for starters and as much as heskey does alright he is never going to score so rooney and bent upfront for me any day

As much as we all love him, England would be nowhere near as effective with Bent in the side instead of Heskey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]Wish he'd taken the 2nd pen, he's in my FF Team

He got taken down for the pen so got the assist, only 1 or 2 points less
  • Options
    Steve Bruce is livid that Bent allowed Jones to take the 2nd pen. I can't believe that Bent did that either, it's not like it's a Sunday morning game is it?

Amazingly unprofessional.

ps I have him in all my teams and had him as captain in FF for 36 points. Suite
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SpicedAddick[/cite]I have a tenner each way on DB to finish the top scorer in Premiership @ 40/1.
    I told everyone I know to back him because all you have to do is put him on the pitch and he'll score (and dont compare him to your wife?.
    Nobody did - I'm lovin it.

i get a cool 100 if he finishes in the top 4 goalscorers... Darren Bent bent bent!

Likewise (although I think I only got 33s). Also got a tenner on Pompey to be relegated at 2/1. Cue their charge for a UEFA cup place...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Steve Bruce is livid that Bent allowed Jones to take the 2nd pen. I can't believe that Bent did that either, it's not like it's a Sunday morning game is it?

Amazingly unprofessional.

ps I have him in all my teams and had him as captain in FF for 36 points. Suite

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/8277854.stm

Bruce was not a happy bunny.
  • Options
    Another for Benty - the opener at Old Trafford.
  • Options
    Love the comment on the Beeb live update:
    Sunderland goal: That should wake them up - it's been embarrassingly quiet at Old Trafford so far. Lee Cattermole finds Darren Bent 22 yards out and he turns and slams a low right-foot shot into the bottom corner, past Ben Foster. He might as well have grabbed a loudspeaker and said "You see that, Capello??" Great finish.
  • Options
    Well done fella
  • Options
    Darren Bent or Michael Owen for England? Let me think about that or perhaps not. Dazza is a star. Hope he gets a hat-trick today!
  • Options
    Darren is having an amazing game; tracking back and disrupting United's passing while being a very dangerous target up front.

The elf also played well before being subbed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-1 to Sunderland, 10 mins (& "FergieTime") to go......
  • Options
    Charlton legend, up there with Sir Clive, Killer, Eddie Firmani, Johnny Summers and Stuart Leary. Heroes one and all.
  • Options
    typical united
  • Options
    sorry mist rollin he aint a charlton legend. i love benty as much as the next man but legend NAH - certainly not with those names

As for benty i cant wait for sunderland against those c**** Spurs and when he scores I really really hope he gives it to the cockney sparra redknapp
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Charlton legend, up there with Sir Clive, Killer, Eddie Firmani, Johnny Summers and Stuart Leary. Heroes one and all.
    Absolutely spot on. And, out of that group, the only one to go on to play for England.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]2-1 to Sunderland, 10 mins (& "FergieTime") to go......

Was that Mr Reid that set that up for Jones? What a great chip!
  • Options
    That was a great effort too by Benty, great goal that, well done son.

My bet with the bloke at work (he's got Crouch, i got Benty for most prem goals at end of the season!) is looking good, he may as well pay me now as i say to him every Monday morning lol

Bent is top, top lad and player. One day i would love to see him back at the Valley in any capacity, as an opposing player, or even better for us. I would give him a rapturous reception, and i cant agree with Ledge i think he is a legend, top scored in all his seasons with us, earned us 16 mill, carried himself magnificently throughout his time and at the end of his time for us, as Chizz mentions played for Ringland as the others on the list didn't. Shit i need to get a room don't i lol
  • Options
    Benty is propelling me to the top of the Stadium Superstar DJ fantasy league - I kid you not!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Charlton legend, up there with Sir Clive, Killer, Eddie Firmani, Johnny Summers and Stuart Leary. Heroes one and all.
    Absolutely spot on. And, out of that group, the only one to go on to play for England.

Not too sure I'd put him in the Charlton ledgends category....but certainly something of a hero I agree.....but he wasn't around that long to have been given ledgendary status.
  • Options
    "Stadium superstar "?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morning P...been trying to whisper you but the pooter says no!
    How's things?
  • Options
    This whisper thing, afka said it didnt work for him either, i tried yesterday, and got it to work, ya know when ya type the name in, and it predicts the lifer you wanna whisper too, then you can click there name, well thats what didnt work for me, so i actually typed in the name manually, and it worked. try it Soundas, might work, might not lol
  • Options
    I Love it .... Benty is brilliant, and Im delighted he got one at old trafford... if he keeps scoring like this he cant be ignored(oh hang on we thought that last time) ....

I still remeber seeing him in reception after the spurs game and getting a nod from him after rather embarassingly shouting well played Darren!
  • Options
    so pleased for him after the sh*te he got from spurs. id have him back in an instant. his attitude cannot be questioned unlike many other arrogant sods in the prem. i hope he gets them into europe (unlikely). im glad another set of fans places him in the esteem that we do.
  • Options
    To be fair if we r to take 4-5 strikers to SA it would be an insult to not take the man, yes Defoe may be preffered to him but Owen surely can't be above him in the pecking order.

Rooney
    Crouch
    Defoe
    Bent
  • Options
    Heskey is and will be ahead of Bent.

Capello loves hims
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Heskey is and will be ahead of Bent.

Capello loves hims

True, forgot about him. Quite like him tbh. Allows other players, particularly Rooney play to their strengths. Take those 5 then.
  • Options
    Walcott will go as well...

I think DB will have to rely on injuries keeping out one of Heskey/Rooney/Crouch/Defoe.
  • Options
    I dont mind injuring Defoe meself.
  • Options
    although Sandra Redknapp must be in the frame too.