Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent bent bent

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]although Sandra Redknapp must be in the frame too.

wouldn't have thought so. Probably be too "taxing" for her
  • Options
    Aaahhh why has Gabby been picked for England and not Darren, wat is the man going to have to do to get picked?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]I dont mind injuring Defoe meself.

Seconded
  • Options
    * Chizz
    * CommentTime1 day ago

# 46

Posted By: mistrollinginCharlton legend, up there with Sir Clive, Killer, Eddie Firmani, Johnny Summers and Stuart Leary. Heroes one and all.

Absolutely spot on. And, out of that group, the only one to go on to play for England.
  • Options
    * Chizz
    * CommentTime1 day ago

# 46

Posted By: mistrollinginCharlton legend, up there with Sir Clive, Killer, Eddie Firmani, Johnny Summers and Stuart Leary. Heroes one and all.

Absolutely spot on. And, out of that group, the only one to go on to play for England.
  • Options
    Sorry - not got the hang of quoting - please add Ralph Allen and George Tadman to the list of legends as they help put put Charlton where they were before WWII by scoring a goal every second match, a record only bettered by Johnny Summers and they didn't play for Englanf either.
  • Options
    Tricky one this.

Legend status should be reserved for those very few players who have had an almost unique impact on the club and I think that most people would agree that the likes of Killer, Keith Peacock, Robert Lee and, in more recent times, Chris Powell and Mark Kinsella, would fall into that category.

There are other players though who had shorter Charlton careers - perhaps too short to fall into legend status - but who were brilliant in their short time here, Darrent Bent (two seasons), Clive Mendonca (two and a half seasons) and Jimmy Melrose (one and a half seasons) would fall into that category.

Given that, where do you place someone like Hans Jeppson who only played something like 13 games yet saved us from relegation?
  • Options
    Carlton Cole and Gabby Agbonlahor ahead of Darren Bent? I can't see that but I have a lot of respect for Capello and maybe Darren doesn't fit the way he wants to play. He can only keep scoring and hoping.
  • Options
    The proof of the pudding is in the goals scored columns and Darren Bent is a proven regular goalscorer in the top flight whereas Cole certainly is not and Agbonlahor probably does not score as many as he should do.

I would love to see Benty play up front with Rooney in behind, that could really work well.
  • Options
    It's Crouch out of that lot that has most to worry about, Heskey is the big man that allows the midfield to play and injury apart is on the plane. Cole is seen as a direct replacement if Heskey takes a knock. You then take a couple of poachers incase you need to steal something and then Rooney.

Crouch not getting much football at Spurs must be sweating a little with other strikers sticking the ball in the back of the net.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd put Darren ahead of the lot of them apart from Rooney.

What does the lad have to do???
  • Options
    http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

Still top English goal scorer yet again but so was Jimmy Greaves and he missed out for Geoff Hurst
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

Still top English goal scorer yet again but so was Jimmy Greaves and he missed out for Geoff Hurst

I'm not old enough to remember, but didn't Hurst originally come in because Greaves was injured, then kept his place?
  • Options
    u r correct weegie
  • Options
    We have qualified for World Cup and surely this a chance for fringe players to stake a claim (bent, agbonlahor, carrick, gary cahill etc0, we all know what rooney heskey etc can do but Bent has barely been given any mins at international level which seems strange when his scoring record is one of best about, I would not be sure but reckon it is better than Drogbas and Rooneys.
  • Options
    Scored again after 3 mins against Liverpool - deflected off a balloon on it's way in!
  • Options
    hilarious! the balloon is the size of a beach ball - one of the strangest goals i have seen in 30+ years of watching football!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    becasue its liverpool there may be a review, or something.....
  • Options
    didn't something like that happen at man city a couple of seasons ago?

go DB!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPhHRXwUqU8

That little scouser kid is going to be hated at school!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep.....
  • Options
    LOL, that is brill, can't believe it's already on You Tube. Reminds me of the Cubs fan catching the ball to prevent a home run a few years ago in a massive play-off game. He had to leave Chicago he got so much shit.
  • Options
    I think the rule is that the referee should have called a drop ball if the match ball hits an object that shouldn't be on the pitch. Then again the referee's decision is final...
  • Options
    Well we all know what Darren can do, never really given a chance at Spurs!......
    A case of playing at an 'unfashionable club' and being overlooked , or ignored.

Ironically I think his best move could be to go to Liverpool to partner Torres, but it will not happen, and why should he!

So, England's loss.
  • Options
    How come the balloon was in the back of the net for Sunderland's first attack and then out in the six yard box for the second? Why didn't they deflate it?
  • Options
    It was a bin dipper beach ball, so tough f**king luck
  • Options
    they found the video of the guy who threw it on the pitch

Link
  • Options
    As Dazza said on MoD it was in their six yard box. Was up to them to get rid. The keeper had it in the back of his net initially but the wind seemed to blow it out as the attack built up (spooky)!

Funny the way Reina didn't know which one to try and save. LOL
  • Options
    Liverpool will be having a minutes silence at the next home game and are already starting up a campaign - justice for the beach ball 11....
  • Options
    First penalty I've heard he's missed today!