Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

colchester matchlive

Comments

• Options
    that own goal seemed to condemn us instantly
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates in the second half everyone, well pissed off with CAFC player.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Did you sort tickets for Matt?

When whispers go wrong no. 7776
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the thread, couldn't listen to any commentary so kept looking on here. It is so much better than the Beeb they were ages behind the updates on here.
    Looking at what happened here, sounds like an off day at the office, Llera had a mare, and we were 'bullied' out of it, does that seem a fair summary just from reading this thread?
    What do we need to change, if anything, for Leeds?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]Did you sort tickets for Matt?

yeah all sorted, lakey too. got mine for oldham as well
  • Options
    On the player you only had to click Colchester for their commentary, not the best but needs must when the devil vomits in your kettle
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]Thanks guys for the thread, couldn't listen to any commentary so kept looking on here. It is so much better than the Beeb they were ages behind the updates on here.
    Looking at what happened here, sounds like an off day at the office, Llera had a mare, and we were 'bullied' out of it, does that seem a fair summary just from reading this thread?

We know we really don't have a Plan B
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]Thanks guys for the thread, couldn't listen to any commentary so kept looking on here. It is so much better than the Beeb they were ages behind the updates on here.

We know we really don't have a Plan B

Plan B is scoring goals for Rovers and he's helped them to close the gap on us to one point.
  • Options
    Have to say its also competing with the physical stuff
  • Options
    So with no Plan B, what do we do to reassert Plan A? Sodje for Llera, Semedo back in if fit, leave the rest as is?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We missed Samedo and we hardly got the passing game going , it takes a better team to be able to play passing football against the direct stuff
  • Options
    Night all.
  • Options
    Thanks Nelsenout. I've had to piece it together from reading on here as the game unfolded. Beeb says possension was 51-49 to them, so sounds close for a 3-0 loss! Lets hope Parky can raise the lads back up again, but definately sounds as though we need Sodje in and Semedo.
    Not going to Leeds, so will be following on here again and keeping an eye on sky.
    Thanks again guys
  • Options
    Keep reading about having no plan B - what does everyone want to see?

Said before we don't have loads of options, most of the options we do have aren't particularly good either. We can play McLeod to add some pace, wasn't there but we probably missed Semedo, offers more presence than Spring and is suited to the role much more. Sodje for Llera possibly, more pace at the back. Drop Shelvey back into midfield? Who would you drop through? I wouldn't play the likes of Wagstaff, Spring or Tuna regularly, just not as good as the players in our best 11.

We're going to find it hard at times because we don't have many options. We can change it around a bit, but we need our best players to stay fit and not get suspended. For me, in most games, our best 11 (the one we played until Saturday) gives us the best chance of winning. There might be some games in which we need McLeod or Sodje in to add pace in their positions, but after that, I don't see who else in the squad we can play that will really change things around and improve the chances of winning.
  • Options
    Not the end of the world - I'd take this position on 8th May and there are still 22 teams who'd trade places with us....
  • Options
    Yep agree Cat - 2nd after 10 games, we would all have taken that at the start of the season.
  • Options
    Oops, just a blip tonight though. A nice 'UB40' record - 1 in 10.

Roll on Leeds.
  • Options
    Think you're right Scoh - most teams at this level won't have a radical 'plan B'. If we'd coped well with Colchester long ball stuff and physicality would they have suddenly been able to bring it down a play pass and move football? Probably not.
  • Options
    Support was top notch

We weren't
  • Options
    Anyone hear Bradley Allen saying

' I wish I could be down there to help the boys out'

I nearly spat my coffee everywhere, deadly silence for about 2 seconds when he and the commentator realised what he said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just got back utter wank,Llera shite and Elliott very poor for first and third goals he seems to be having a confidence crisis.The most worrying thing was we had diddly squat on the bench.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Support was top notch

really?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]just got back utter wank,Llera shite and Elliott very poor for first and third goals he seems to be having a confidence crisis.The most worrying thing was we had diddly squat on the bench.

just got back what NSS said ... llera was so bad i was embarrassed for him...... amateur hour with elliott......highlight for me was the trafffic jam that stopped me seeing the first 20 mins ... still could be worse we could be in the prem losing 6-1 at liverpool .... hopefully a wake up call that we can't just turn up and get points we'll have to earn them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Support was top notch

really?

From where i was. Take it you were on other side.
  • Options
    My Dad (who is a bit of a wind-up merchant when he can get away with it) claimed that the drummer had his own little podium at the back of the stand. Is this true, or do I need to have words with my Dad next time I see him?
  • Options
    Yeah he did but only seems to know one tune...

No prizes for guessing...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]My Dad (who is a bit of a wind-up merchant when he can get away with it) claimed that the drummer had his own little podium at the back of the stand. Is this true, or do I need to have words with my Dad next time I see him?

there was a podium away to the left of the end but couldn't tell who was in there , i thought it may have been a viewing section for those wheelchair bound
  • Options
    I hate Boothroyd teams - effective but fuck me is it ugly! All he has is 2 jumbolumps at the back and two more up front and we seem incapable of bettering it. The pitch was very thin and short which suited their style too
    Whenever we got it we smacked it to Burton who lost it in the air
    neither midfield got into the game as the ball bypassed them aerially

Llera was dreadful
    Elliott had a poor game
    Shelvey was ineffective as the ball was nowhere near him
    Spring offered as much protection as a blancmange

I hope it was just a blip and the wake up call we needed as not performed well for a few weeks now

special mention to Kemi Izzet for excellent portrayal of wind-up merchant as was always in the thick of any aggro giving his tuppence worth to the shocking ref
  • Options
    I was directly in front of the disabled section board. Bruised from banging it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I was directly in front of the disabled section board. Bruised from banging it

So was i, what was you wearing JT?

Absolutely shocking performance. My neck is aching from watching the ball spend 90 mins in the air. Llera, well, i've seen milk turn quicker. He appears to wear led boots and must have a head shaped like a 50p piece. Elliot was pony. Colchester are a physical side that played to their strengths...and showed us our weaknesses.

Oh well, hopefully just one of those days.