Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Problem with 4-5-1

2»

Comments

• Options
    lol. And to think I had a full head of hair before I started this thread!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]We've been very fortunate until now in that we have a first 11 that can play the 4-5-1 system well, but I don't think we have the depth in the squad to carry it through the whole season.[/quote]

We've not been fortunate, the fact that we have those 11 players is exactly the reason we are playing 4-5-1. Not because it's Parky's preferred formation, not for any other reason. If Shelvey left just before the start of the season, and the rest of the squad was exactly the same, we'd have been playing 4-4-2 most games, probably with McLeod alongside Burton.
    [/quote]

Ok I'm sorry, perhaps I should have said that we've been very unfortunate that our first choice 11 are able to play the 4-5-1 system very well instead. I don't really understand what you are disagreeing with. Parky doesn't only have 11 players at his disposal does he? If it's really not his preferred formation, shouldn't he do something about it rather than send his only other two (fit) senior strikers out on loan to other clubs? He doesn't really give the impression that he'd rather be playing 4-4-2.
  • Options
    he stated at the Q&A that he had a plan b.......its since gone missing lol