Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

In the cold light of day - Post Match Views. Colchester 3-0 Charlton

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]WHOOPS.........
    Just seen the goals for the 1st time.

At least no-ones to blame for the 2nd...........

MOG, im not sure if the last comment is sarcastic but for their 2nd, Llera got out-muscled, out-paced and out-classed by a simple ball over the top.

Kind of............
    The commentaters said that the 1st & 3rd wereBADmistakes,andmaybeLlera should have done better for the 2nd...

Agreed the 1st and 3rd were bad mistakes, perhaps bad decisions in the heat of the moment. However, the 2nd was even worse for me, due to the fact it was a passage of play that showed how crap Llera is.
  • Options
    Wasn't it the Exeter goal that was a simple punt down the middle, headed-on to a waiting striker to volley? We have seen a variety of defenders tried in the back four by Parky, but even with Sodje, or Ward or Dailey, obviously class players, we have never looked totally secure IMHO. Is PP instilling good defensive principles or merely trying to bring in defenders who have them already?

I've noticed we defend much deeper than earlier matches, Can we have a stat of offsides by oppo 1st five games vs last?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]WHOOPS.........
    Just seen the goals for the 1st time.

At least no-ones to blame for the 2nd...........

MOG, im not sure if the last comment is sarcastic but for their 2nd, Llera got out-muscled, out-paced and out-classed by a simple ball over the top.

Jonjo lost the ball too easily on half way - that gave them the ball and Llera was just weak after that
  • Options
    10 games played.

7 wins, 9 undefeated. Just the one loss.

We could focus on what went wrong last night - and slit our wrists.

Or learn from 3 individual mistakes, the good football played in the 1st half even though we missed those chances.
    The team's already shown this season that the negatives are far outweighed by the positives.

Last night is history. It's what we do on Saturday that counts now.
  • Options
    Still at least it only took me 45 minutes to move 25 yards in the car park after the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Bad day at the Office. Got there twenty minutes late after circum-navigating Colchester at least twice! As I arrived we started to get on top and could easily have taken the lead.

Then the cock up between Llera and Elliott seemed to knock us for six. The second half was much the same. I didn't expect that Parky would make any subs at half time and was surprised that he had the balls to replace Llera who just seemed to get worse and worse.

In the end we were out fought and out thought by Colchester and Boothroyd. I actually take, surprise surprise, a positve view of this. Firstly I don't think the players will make the mistake again of not being up for a scrap. Secondly Parky has no reason now not to shuffle the pack or change the tactics or both given the start we have made, thirdly we only need to play Colchester once more this season.

Finally what was all that about when we came out and were made to walk right around the ground instead of back the way we came! Surely it can't be for safety reasons!
  • Options
    When you concede two joke goals then the chances of getting anything out of a game will be slim. Played quite well in patches last night and had the 1st not happened it may have been very different.

As it was we got we deserved (nothing) and can look back on the first 10 games as very good. After all the doom and gloom of last season and the pre season, its great to see us winning and near the top of the table. After we only had 1 centre half for most of the pre season I am very surprised and delighted that we won 7 out of 10, and for that reason I find last night very easy to take.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite]When you concede two joke goals then the chances of getting anything out of a game will be slim. Played quite well in patches last night and had the 1st not happened it may have been very different.

As it was we got we deserved (nothing) and can look back on the first 10 games as very good. After all the doom and gloom of last season and the pre season, its great to see us winning and near the top of the table. After we only had 1 centre half for most of the pre season I am very surprised and delighted that we won 7 out of 10, and for that reason I find last night very easy to take.

Exactly
  • Options
    I suggested before the game that Llera needed a rest and I wasn't proved wrong. He is fine for this division, but has been a bit below par for a few games now and I'd have protected him, given Sodje a game or two and bet we'd not have witnessed the game we had on Tuesday. Richardson, Youga, Sam, Jonjo and Bailey seemed to cover a lot of ground on the night, but we were less effective in possession than in previous games, as they pressed us hard and quickly when we had the ball, so much of their effort was under utilised.

I can't make Leeds, but will be very interested to see how we do. If Leeds had scouts there, I'd be happy, as hopefully it would have given them no reason to worry about us. If we can get our game back up to the standards of a week or two ago, we should give them a lot of food for thought. Sodje should start!