Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our fans last night

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
3-0 down and VFR rang out all of us standing, singing, most of the game unfortunate result but the travelling support was loud til the end and i am proud to say i was one of them.

:-)

Comments

• Options
    In 1981 we got stuffed at Colchester in the third tier. The Charlton fans ended up singing Always Look On ht Bright Side Of Life. In the rain.

(We went up that year, too).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]3-0 down and VFR rang out all of us standing, singing, most of the game unfortunate result but the travelling support was loud til the end and i am proud to say i was one of them.

:-)

Apart from one VFR and a long Red Army chant I thought we were quiet as anything - with the exception of the normal lot trying to get things going.
  • Options
    Came across the RadioWaves as the HomeTeam.
    Hardly heard any U's........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Came across the RadioWaves as the HomeTeam.
    Hardly heard any U's........

3-0 and they still don't sing
  • Options
    Too few of our fans bother supporting the team vocally for my money, but you pay your money you can do what you want. Does not look good though when you take 2,000 fans to an away game & you get such little noise apart from about five minutes in the second half when a few more decided to join in.
  • Options
    Didnt think the choir gave us much 2 sing along with tbh. Infact, did they turn up? Sounded like a bunch of Rangers fans who'd got lost to me. I dont appreciate being told by my own fans that my support is shit when i sang my lungs out thank you. Then again, maybe t'was that lost Rangers lot ;-)
  • Options
    I think it was shell shock that muted everybody.

We were shocked at the parking, the walk to the ground and missing xx minutes of the game. Shocked at the way we played, and just simply thinking about the horrible walk back to the car.

Last night must go down as one of those nights where you want to forget everything, and never go back there again!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]I think it was shell shock that muted everybody.

We were shocked at the parking, the walk to the ground and missing xx minutes of the game. Shocked at the way we played, and just simply thinking about the horrible walk back to the car.

Last night must go down as one of those nights where you want to forget everything, and never go back there again!

amen to that !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]I think it was shell shock that muted everybody.

Agreed and hopefully it is only a learning curb and the players learn how to react to this sort of situation will be a real test of character on saturday.
  • Options
    Was 10 minutes late due to lack of sign posting and parking.

Sat right at the front behind the goal so had a terrible view. Saw Lleras comedy own goal.

All in all a miserable night
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was in the home end & too be fair I didn't hear a peep out of the Charlton all game. May be due to the performance.

And to all those who got their nickers in a twist about tickets ... there were gaps everywhere !

My hightlight was meeting Matt Holland before the game ... true gent !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Greenster[/cite]I was in the home end & too be fair I didn't hear a peep out of the Charlton all game. May be due to the performance.

or because the ground is so shite, it failed to hold any sort of atmosphere.

I saw Matty queing for a burger before the game.

I was standing at the back left of the away end, and i thought for a side that were 3-0 down, our singing wasnt too bad. Red army was pretty loud around the 80 minute mark.

Hopefully our Elland Road support will be alot louder and consistent though.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Too few of our fans bother supporting the team vocally for my money, but you pay your money you can do what you want. Does not look good though when you take 2,000 fans to an away game & you get such little noise apart from about five minutes in the second half when a few more decided to join in.[/quote]

I hate this kind of judgement on our own fans - fans like me. Bloody hell, I did a round trip of over 250 miles and watched a completely abysmal display which was without any kind of pleasure. For me, the pleasure in watching football is to be admire skill and ability, not non-stop chanting and hurling insults at the opposing fans. Both at home and when I go to away games, I sing some songs and clap along to certain chants but most of the time I am intently focused on the game itself. I do not "Stand up if you love Charlton", nor do I sing the 'family' song or the 'bonfire' song simply because I find them juvenile. I find it pathetic that when there's nothing to sing about our performance, it's down to lame chants of "Your support is fucking shit" ot "You're supposed to be at home" or, most ridiculous of all, "You only sing when you're winning". I don't tell other people they can't sing them. They can do what they like. However, I do object to being harangued, as I and most of the people around me were, by those who do want to sing and stand up and screech abuse. In addition to having to watch the pitiful display and trying to ignore the movements up and down by these selfsame fans, I have to put up with people screaming accusingly that "our support is shit" and "you're not proper supporters." One guy - not young either - was red in the face and with spittle flying from his lips so furious was he that I and others were not behaving as he was. He must have seen less than half of the action on the pitch because he was more busy haranguing us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Too few of our fans bother supporting the team vocally for my money, but you pay your money you can do what you want. Does not look good though when you take 2,000 fans to an away game & you get such little noise apart from about five minutes in the second half when a few more decided to join in.

I hate this kind of judgement on our own fans - fans like me. Bloody hell, I did a round trip of over 250 miles and watched a completely abysmal display which was without any kind of pleasure. For me, the pleasure in watching football is to be admire skill and ability, not non-stop chanting and hurling insults at the opposing fans. Both at home and when I go to away games, I sing some songs and clap along to certain chants but most of the time I am intently focused on the game itself. I do not "Stand up if you love Charlton", nor do I sing the 'family' song or the 'bonfire' song simply because I find them juvenile. I find it pathetic that when there's nothing to sing about our performance, it's down to lame chants of "Your support is fucvking shit" ot "You're supposed to be at home" or, modst ridiculous of all, "You only sing when you're winning". I don't tell other people they can't sing them. They can do what they like. However, I do object to being harangued, as I and most of the people around me were, by those who do want to sing and stand up and screech abuse. In addition to having to watch the pitiful display and trying to ignore the movements up and down by these selfsame fans, I have to put up with people screaming accusingly that "our support is shit" and "you're not proper supporters." One guy - not young either - was red in the face and with spittle flying from his lips so furious was he that I and others were not behaving as he was. He must have seen less than half of the action on the pitch because he was more busy haranguing us.

great post Nadou. Sums it up nicely.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Bad night all round..missed the turn off and ended up on the A120 went six miles out of our way,couldn't find the turn off for the industrial park,sod all sign posting until you could actually see the ground,sat in a big queue for the car park whilst one of our party went to find the match tickets...got to the front of the car park queue only to be told by the lady with the clipboard that our car park ticket was with our match tickets which weren't where they were supposed to be after much faffing about we got into the ground 5 mins into the match.You all know the rest.

I couldnt believe some fans booed at half time,we have one bad game and already the moaning has started

GET A GRIP FFS!!
  • Options
    I couldnt believe some fans booed at half time,we have one bad game and already the moaning has started
    GET A GRIP FFS!!

Agreed
  • Options
    I can never quite understand why at away games our fans decide to get on the rest of the away end?! people have spent a lot of money and time to get there and put the effort in just by being there, supporting the team. Tell me if im wrong but it doesnt say on the ticket, "no singing, no entry". I sung along yesterday as I always do but thats my personal choice. Watching that performance last night I can understand why people wouldnt want to sing.
  • Options
    Did they boo at half time?

eugh. I hate our fans at times.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

eugh. I hate our fans at times.

i hate them more....
  • Options
    Moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, fcuking moan...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    but "your grounds from B+Q" was quite funny

first time I have heard that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Too few of our fans bother supporting the team vocally for my money, but you pay your money you can do what you want. Does not look good though when you take 2,000 fans to an away game & you get such little noise apart from about five minutes in the second half when a few more decided to join in.

I hate this kind of judgement on our own fans - fans like me. Bloody hell, I did a round trip of over 250 miles and watched a completely abysmal display which was without any kind of pleasure. For me, the pleasure in watching football is to be admire skill and ability, not non-stop chanting and hurling insults at the opposing fans. Both at home and when I go to away games, I sing some songs and clap along to certain chants but most of the time I am intently focused on the game itself. I do not "Stand up if you love Charlton", nor do I sing the 'family' song or the 'bonfire' song simply because I find them juvenile. I find it pathetic that when there's nothing to sing about our performance, it's down to lame chants of "Your support is fucking shit" ot "You're supposed to be at home" or, most ridiculous of all, "You only sing when you're winning". I don't tell other people they can't sing them. They can do what they like. However, I do object to being harangued, as I and most of the people around me were, by those who do want to sing and stand up and screech abuse. In addition to having to watch the pitiful display and trying to ignore the movements up and down by these selfsame fans, I have to put up with people screaming accusingly that "our support is shit" and "you're not proper supporters." One guy - not young either - was red in the face and with spittle flying from his lips so furious was he that I and others were not behaving as he was. He must have seen less than half of the action on the pitch because he was more busy haranguing us.

To be honest you really have not read my post at all have you? Shall I say it again perhaps if I shout it 'Too few of our fans bother supporting the team vocally for my money, BUT YOU PAY YOUR MONEY YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT'.
    Don't also include me in that lot that spend time abusing our fans or harrassing them & another thing learn to Quote properly ! (No Smiley)
  • Options
    well said
  • Options

Nadou it is the football league mate the football is rubbish thats why noise is important. In this league if we do not chant sing enjoy the day there is nothing else we have no skill or quality hence at the Valley i sit in the area with the best atmos.

Now i am not saying if you dont chant your not a real fan and do not tarnish me with the same brush as the others who slag our fans off for not being vocal (personally i dont care what the rest of the crowd do but i will sing for 90 mins cos thats part of enjoying the day for me). So yea you are right do what you like but dont mock the songs that the ones who make noise sing cos you cant be bothered to stand up and show you luv for the club. Again im not saying that noise proves your a proper fan but it does mean you are prepared to be vocal avbout your club which counts for allot.

Also be careful with your posts mate you said you traveled 250 Miles yday to watch an abysmal display but then said you go to watch skill and ability small contridiction if you say the display was abysmal. Im not having a go mate do what you like at football but if you are within you right to do what you like so are others and they should not be mocked for showing passion for our club we need it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Greenster[/cite]I was in the home end & too be fair I didn't hear a peep out of the Charlton all game[/quote]

are you serious? obviously sound doesnt travel in the community stadium
  • Options
    From what I heard on the wireless the Charlton fans were the ones making all the noise.

Valley Floyd Road came through loud and clear as did Come on You Reds at corners.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]From what I heard on the wireless the Charlton fans were the ones making all the noise.

Valley Floyd Road came through loud and clear as did Come on You Reds at corners.

Yea i think the ones that couldnt here us obviously clsoed their ears for the night.
  • Options
    I think good atmosphere in the stand we took over(unsure what it was called), unfortunately i was put in the other one which was bare and no atmosphere at all :-(

As for colchester, couldnt hear them but occasionally you would hear a massive roar so they have potential lol

Nice ground btw, but dunno whether i would go again after this performance unless i bought tickets early and made sure was in the proper stand as im sure would have enjoyed more from over there for the atmosphere alone, well done lads on that stand!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]I think good atmosphere in the stand we took over(unsure what it was called), unfortunately i was put in the other one which was bare and no atmosphere at all :-(

As for colchester, couldnt hear them but occasionally you would hear a massive roar so they have potential lol

Nice ground btw, but dunno whether i would go again after this performance unless i bought tickets early and made sure was in the proper stand as im sure would have enjoyed more from over there for the atmosphere alone, well done lads on that stand!!

Good post and well said hope next time we go there you are in the stand with us so you can feel what the atmos was like cos it was really good mate.
  • Options
    Also can we please stop singing 'your grounds too big for you' when we get nowhere near to filling our own stadium these days.