Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our fans last night

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Also can we please stop singing 'your grounds too big for you' when we get nowhere near to filling our own stadium these days.

Its just a song you sing when you go away most teams in the country sing it regardless of their own home situation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Too few of our fans bother supporting the team vocally for my money, but you pay your money you can do what you want. Does not look good though when you take 2,000 fans to an away game & you get such little noise apart from about five minutes in the second half when a few more decided to join in.

I hate this kind of judgement on our own fans - fans like me. Bloody hell, I did a round trip of over 250 miles and watched a completely abysmal display which was without any kind of pleasure. For me, the pleasure in watching football is to be admire skill and ability, not non-stop chanting and hurling insults at the opposing fans. Both at home and when I go to away games, I sing some songs and clap along to certain chants but most of the time I am intently focused on the game itself. I do not "Stand up if you love Charlton", nor do I sing the 'family' song or the 'bonfire' song simply because I find them juvenile. I find it pathetic that when there's nothing to sing about our performance, it's down to lame chants of "Your support is fucking shit" ot "You're supposed to be at home" or, most ridiculous of all, "You only sing when you're winning". I don't tell other people they can't sing them. They can do what they like. However, I do object to being harangued, as I and most of the people around me were, by those who do want to sing and stand up and screech abuse. In addition to having to watch the pitiful display and trying to ignore the movements up and down by these selfsame fans, I have to put up with people screaming accusingly that "our support is shit" and "you're not proper supporters." One guy - not young either - was red in the face and with spittle flying from his lips so furious was he that I and others were not behaving as he was. He must have seen less than half of the action on the pitch because he was more busy haranguing us.

Nadou it is the football league mate the football is rubbish thats why noise is important. In this league if we do not chant sing enjoy the day there is nothing else we have no skill or quality hence at the Valley i sit in the area with the best atmos.

Now i am not saying if you dont chant your not a real fan and do not tarnish me with the same brush as the others who slag our fans off for not being vocal (personally i dont care what the rest of the crowd do but i will sing for 90 mins cos thats part of enjoying the day for me). So yea you are right do what you like but dont mock the songs that the ones who make noise sing cos you cant be bothered to stand up and show you luv for the club. Again im not saying that noise proves your a proper fan but it does mean you are prepared to be vocal avbout your club which counts for allot.
    Also be careful with your posts mate you said you traveled 250 Miles yday to watch an abysmal display but then said you go to watch skill and ability small contridiction if you say the display was abysmal. Im not having a go mate do what you like at football but if you are within you right to do what you like so are others and they should not be mocked for showing passion for our club we need it.

not having a dig but when you sing songs such as 'you're grounds too big for you', 'you're support is fucking shit' etc are you singing them to inspire the team or to wind-up the opposing fans ? If it's the latter do you think that is supporting the team? Will it inspire Bailey to greater heights to know that Colchester's support is fucking shit ? No, it won't. Sing some proper songs to get behind the players and you will get more fans joining in. Why do you think the best sung one's are VFR, CAFC, and Red Army? Because there is no swearing, no deragatory remarks just purely and simply supporting your team. Think about it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

not having a dig but when you sing songs such as 'you're grounds too big for you', 'you're support is fucking shit' etc are you singing them to inspire the team or to wind-up the opposing fans ? If it's the latter do you think that is supporting the team? Will it inspire Bailey to greater heights to know that Colchester's support is fucking shit ? No, it won't. Sing some proper songs to get behind the players and you will get more fans joining in. Why do you think the best sung one's are VFR, CAFC, and Red Army? Because there is no swearing, no deragatory remarks just purely and simply supporting your team. Think about it.

Here here Large.

We are in dire need of some songs about our players.
  • Options
    i was far right of the away end and it was very quiet there apart from the odd sporadic chant ....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i was far right of the away end and it was very quiet there apart from the odd sporadic chant ....

Seems to me that as you can't moan about the healthy numbers we took last night and are taking to Leeds on Saturday you have resorted to digging out those fans for supposedly being too quiet.

Sad really...

For what it's worth my feeling is the ground - like a lot of these new stadia - lacked any sort of atmosphere and the visiting fans were unable to create much until the last 20 minutes by which time the game was over but there was some impressive and defiant vocal support which according to those at home came across loud and clear on the radio

and if you thought our fans were quiet, would hate to hear your opinion of the home fans after their result of the season - very, very poor support IMO
  • Options
    i say it how i see it kinv it's only my opinion and last season the facts were we had the lowest travelling numbers in the league , for the numbers we have at home (AND YES THEY ARE IMPRESSIVE) our away support in numbers is abysmal , i don't think what we brought to colchester or what we are bringing to leeds is that good considering our current form
    i genuinely thought we were quiet last night and also think we were much noisier at orient, the support was much more vocal at brisbane road......if my opinion is sad then so be it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Too few of our fans bother supporting the team vocally for my money, but you pay your money you can do what you want. Does not look good though when you take 2,000 fans to an away game & you get such little noise apart from about five minutes in the second half when a few more decided to join in.

I hate this kind of judgement on our own fans - fans like me. Bloody hell, I did a round trip of over 250 miles and watched a completely abysmal display which was without any kind of pleasure. For me, the pleasure in watching football is to be admire skill and ability, not non-stop chanting and hurling insults at the opposing fans. Both at home and when I go to away games, I sing some songs and clap along to certain chants but most of the time I am intently focused on the game itself. I do not "Stand up if you love Charlton", nor do I sing the 'family' song or the 'bonfire' song simply because I find them juvenile. I find it pathetic that when there's nothing to sing about our performance, it's down to lame chants of "Your support is fucking shit" ot "You're supposed to be at home" or, most ridiculous of all, "You only sing when you're winning". I don't tell other people they can't sing them. They can do what they like. However, I do object to being harangued, as I and most of the people around me were, by those who do want to sing and stand up and screech abuse. In addition to having to watch the pitiful display and trying to ignore the movements up and down by these selfsame fans, I have to put up with people screaming accusingly that "our support is shit" and "you're not proper supporters." One guy - not young either - was red in the face and with spittle flying from his lips so furious was he that I and others were not behaving as he was. He must have seen less than half of the action on the pitch because he was more busy haranguing us.

Nadou it is the football league mate the football is rubbish thats why noise is important. In this league if we do not chant sing enjoy the day there is nothing else we have no skill or quality hence at the Valley i sit in the area with the best atmos.

Now i am not saying if you dont chant your not a real fan and do not tarnish me with the same brush as the others who slag our fans off for not being vocal (personally i dont care what the rest of the crowd do but i will sing for 90 mins cos thats part of enjoying the day for me). So yea you are right do what you likebut dont mock the songs that the ones who make noise sing cos you cant be bothered to stand up and show you luv for the club. Again im not saying that noise proves your a proper fan but it does mean you are prepared to be vocal avbout your club which counts for allot.
    Also be careful with your posts mate you said you traveled 250 Miles yday to watch an abysmal display but then said you go to watch skill and ability small contridiction if you say the display was abysmal. Im not having a go mate do what you like at football but if you are within you right to do what you like so are others and they should not be mocked for showing passion for our club we need it.

Your right the two chants are not going to boost any of our players. However these chants are echoed around the contry evey week by away fans and when the football is as poor as it ws last night all you can really do is create a good atmos to perk spirtis of our players and ourselves up. Your right in what you say and entitled to your opinnion but if we went to a ground and diddnt intimate the home fans at least little that just wouldnt be the Charlton i know dont sing them if you dont like them but dont mock others for enjoying their day out. I have to talk propa and steer clear of derogatary comments all week at work and luv that when i go to football i can say and do what i like (within reason of course) :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What fans do Charlton intimidate exactly Ru... under 11s matches maybe?!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]What fans do Charltonintimidateexactly Ru... under 11s matches maybe?!!

Haha that was well timed. Well i have been away with us all over the place and like to think we do well noise wise with generally small numbers too usually away support is loud and vocal and support at the Valley is timid and quiet (apart from North upper). So i have felt that over the years we are quiet good at intimidating home fans when we are away only my own experiences.
  • Options
    Hence our superb away record.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boooooooooooooo!
  • Options
    Good thing I gave this one a miss! I did have a feeling that it wasn't going to be too good.

I never join in with insulting the opposition fans support, I cringe every time the kids chant 'is that all you take away' at home games.

Of cause we were going to be louder than Colchester, we were the away team. I do wonder how many games some posters on this site have been to and what planet they live on.
  • Options
    From where i was we were loud.

I was surrounded by the yoof though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite] Didnt think the choir gave us much 2 sing along with tbh. Infact, did they turn up? Sounded like a bunch of Rangers fans who'd got lost to me. I dont appreciate being told by my own fans that my support is shit when i sang my lungs out thank you. Then again, maybe t'was that lost Rangers lot ;-)

Are you saying there were Charlton fans singing Rangers songs?
  • Options
    was on the halfway line and no the away end wasnt very loud.

Werent many empty spaces once everyone finally turned.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]was on the halfway line and no the away end wasnt very loud.

from the official Henry Irving so it must be FACT..... FACT
  • Options
    As usual the Simon Cowell of Charlton Life (Ooh Aah, always right but no one agrees) is correct

Support was terrible last night, I suppose Orient was more of a beery one and more people drove last night but it was really shite.
  • Options
    lol southend ... i do bore myself(and everyone else) with my montonous comments but it is to drown out some of the white noise written on here ;-)
  • Options
    Moaners need to save the breath and sing themselves.

FACT FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Moaners need to save the breath and sing themselves.

FACT FACT

you must have been out of breath after your little '10' minute stroll from the premier inn;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]As usual the Simon Cowell of Charlton Life (Ooh Aah, always right but no one agrees) is correct

Support was terrible last night, I suppose Orient was more of a beery one and more people drove last night but it was really shite.

I don't suppose that we were winning at Orient contributed at all?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Moaners need to save the breath and sing themselves.

FACT FACT

you must have been out of breath after your little '10' minute stroll from the premier inn;-)

10 (Thirty) minute walk.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]As usual the Simon Cowell of Charlton Life (Ooh Aah, always right but no one agrees) is correct

I don't suppose that we were winning at Orient contributed at all?

we were only winning for the last 5 minutes at orient.
    the vocal support was very good from before kick-off until after the final whistle.
  • Options
    Twice as many at Orient.

If we had 2x the right side last night we would have been very loud.
  • Options
    When only 1-0 down there's always hope of a comeback, especially if the team is playing well. I didn't go to Orient, but I get the feeling that we, quite rightly, always felt we were in with a shout. I did go last night and from the moment we went 2-0 it never felt like we'd get back into it. Maybe that's why it was quieter.
  • Options
    Support was piss poor until we were 3-0 down. then got a rousing rendition of VFR and a sustained 'Red Army' (which I hate with a passion). Wouldn;t have made any difference last night if we'd filled the ground with CAFC - we were utter, utter gash.
  • Options
    Didn’t need the booing at half time, nor the chanting about Llera but that is people’s choice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Support was piss poor until we were 3-0 down. then got a rousing rendition of VFR and a sustained 'Red Army' (which I hate with a passion). Wouldn;t have made any difference last night if we'd filled the ground with CAFC - we were utter, utter gash.

Problem is, we take away ''Red Army'', we lose 20% of our song choice!
  • Options
    I cant help but think if people put as much effort into writing and promoting some new songs as they do moaning about the few songs that are sung, well I dont know, maybe we could drop this silly debate and get back to talking about the takeover :)

Possibly a F.A.C.T
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Support was piss poor until we were 3-0 down. then got a rousing rendition of VFR and a sustained 'Red Army' (which I hate with a passion). Wouldn;t have made any difference last night if we'd filled the ground with CAFC - we were utter, utter gash.

Problem is, we take away ''Red Army'', we lose 20% of our song choice!
    Tru dat. And I'd much rather have that than the idiotic Addams Family song (which, thankfully, was absent last night)