Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The songs that are not liked

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
There seems to be allot of banter on here about the songs we sing with some members feeling that certain songs are derogatary and juvenile and some members feeling they are only trying to support their club. Identifying the songs that some of you guys are hating is not hard but if you dont like the songs dont sing them.

Now as for my personal opinion there are certain songs i wont sing at certain moments (like the incest song to any team that visits the valley) but at the same time i will not have a go at others for singing they paid their money and are entitled to say what they like. If that is the way they choose to enjoy their day then fair enough each to his own.

That said at home we have the perfect balace if you want to sit in a libary and watch shite football then sit in east or west stands if you want a good day out with atmos bouncing around generally having a good time then sit in Coverd end i just wish all areas of the ground were like Coverd End and then we could turn the valley into the fortress i remeber when i first went.

Comments

• I don't like singing "Lisbie, you're a c**t".

Thats pathetic and uncalled for.
  • RU, you keep stating that the football is shite and you go for the singing and the atmosphere.

I cant help but think you should try a karoake bar?????
  • [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]RU, you keep stating that the football is shite and you go for the singing and the atmosphere.

LOL i never said i could sing plus although the football is shite i cant deny that i am biased and still think its like watching Brazil.
  • [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]RU, you keep stating that the football is shite and you go for the singing and the atmosphere.

haha!
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I don't like singing "Lisbie, you're a c**t".

Thats pathetic and uncalled for.

If this happened then its an absolute disgrace, anyone who sung that should be well ashamed.

I think people would sing more if there were more interesting songs to sing but I haven't heard a new one in agess
  • 'is that all you take away'
    'your support is fucking shit'

glasshouses and all that(not a song)
  • Alot of people sung ''super Kev'' when he missed that sitter. That was tongue in cheek and was quite funny.

The ''Lisbie your a c**t'' was sung by a handful near me. Just no need for it.
  • [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]Alot of people sung ''super Kev'' when he missed that sitter. That was tongue in cheek and was quite funny.

Agree no need for that atall however once again they are entitled to their opininion.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]Alot of people sung ''super Kev'' when he missed that sitter. That was tongue in cheek and was quite funny.

Agree no need for that atall however once again they are entitled to their opininion.

They are entitled to their opinions. But such opinions should be kept to themselves.
  • I thought the " We are Japanese" on saturday was very funny!
    Re: another posters daughter...lol.
  • Can we not hum "Voodoo Ray" ???
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Can we not hum "Voodoo Ray" ???

Haha i might join in
  • Whats the words ?
    ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]'is that all you take away'

+1
  • [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]Alot of people sung ''super Kev'' when he missed that sitter. That was tongue in cheek and was quite funny.

They are entitled to their opinions. But such opinions should be kept to themselves.

Especially when their opinion is wrong. ;)
  • C*** wasn't the only 4 letter word beginning with c that he was called from someone next to me
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]

No ones opininon is wrong thats why its called an opinion.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]C*** wasn't the only 4 letter word beginning with c that he was called from someone next to me

Really thats not right theres is never any place for racism anywere especially as we are a london you would think certain people who did say that would have been able to get over it if the live in London i was brought up in South London and was only white family in our estate and you just get on with it thats pathetic and i am saded to think any CAFC fan would think that way small minded mothe f***ers.
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]

Next time I'll finish my post with "SMILEY WINKY THING IT WAS A JOKE"
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]

calling Lisbie a c**t isn't stating an opinion it is foul-mouthed abuse that isn't necessary. Singing his name when he missed that sitter at the end was ironic and quite funny.
  • I started that one...

(The Super Kev one)
  • Sponsored links:

[cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]C*** wasn't the only 4 letter word beginning with c that he was called from someone next to me

Really thats not right theres is never any place for racism anywere especially as we are a london you would think certain people who did say that would have been able to get over it if the live in London i was brought up in South London and was only white family in our estate and you just get on with it thats pathetic and i am saded to think any CAFC fan would think that way small minded mothe f***ers.

It was one of the nawty bois.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]re especially as we are a london you would think certain people who did say that would have been able to get over it if the live in London i was brought up in South Londo
    How embarrassing.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]re especially as we are a london you would think certain people who did say that would have been able to get over it if the live in London i was brought up in South Londo
    How embarrassing.

I didn't write that ;-)
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]C*** wasn't the only 4 letter word beginning with c that he was called from someone next to me

Could the c word have been "crap"?
  • " We are staying up" When winning one nil after 10 mins.........Why? It winds me right up, could those responsible please refrain from singing that untill the ref blows the full time whistle and we have actually won the game. I all for creating a good atmosphere for the team but singing that does not help.
  • edited April 2014
    Agree. Also 'You're going down with the Millwall' after the first goal (ten mins in!)

Thick as pigshit!
  • VFR is starting to grate on me...
  • 'is that all you take away'

Spot on. it's is being sung at the fans who have bothered to go and support their team.

• Why do people still sing 'let him die' when someone is injured on the ground.

Do we not remember what happened to Fabrice Muamba?

Distasteful imo.
  • Ross said:

Why do people still sing 'let him die' when someone is injured on the ground.

Do we not remember what happened to Fabrice Muamba?

Distasteful imo.

TBH it's very rare for let him die to be sung when there is a injury. Its normally sung when someone is being pathetic/time wasting/feigning injury