Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Redknapp

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this, but you just 'know' Harry Boy does not play with a straight bat.....something about him.....probably a great bloke to have as a pal, work colleague or relative....but he's bang at it...or at least 'has' been bang at it in the recent past.
    Still, I must say he's innocent until proven guilty and so we'll just have to wait and see what gives....one thing to think it another to prove it.

There are a lot like Harry in football, some get caught, others get away with it.

I've no doubt about that BFR............yep, no doubt whatsoever.
  • Options
    I wonder whether this tax liability was so blatant that his Mrs could have paid it?

Time will tell I guess.
  • Options
    ....after the hundreds of millions in transfer deals that he has been "involved" in and they nab him for UK40,000 - that is hilarious.

He'll probably cop a fine and a slap on the wrist and he will claim it is all a "misunderstanding".
  • Options
    I rather hope that, when it comes to cough up, Harry says that he's come clean and that the Revenue just fine him and add a bit of interest on top. Oh and that, rather like Lester Piggott, he then proceeds to write them a cheque from an Offshore account he's kept secret from the Revenue!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]....after the hundreds of millions in transfer deals that he has been "involved" in and they nab him for UK40,000 - that is hilarious.

He'll probably cop a fine and a slap on the wrist and he will claim it is all a "misunderstanding".

All the things that Al Capone did - murder, extortion etc and it was tax evasion that they got him for.

I don't doubt that HMRC are aware of his reputation, but knowing that someone is dodgy and being able to prove it are two separate things. It seems that this is possibly the only thing they can prove.

Curbs to Spurs while Harry protests his innocence and clears his name?
  • Options
    Unfortunate they didn't investigate him in his days at Bournemouth and early days at West Ham. Those would have been the days when he'd have had brown envelopes and done deals in Boogers caravan.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]....after the hundreds of millions in transfer deals that he has been "involved" in and they nab him for UK40,000 - that is hilarious.

He'll probably cop a fine and a slap on the wrist and he will claim it is all a "misunderstanding".[/quote]

All the things that Al Capone did - murder, extortion etc and it was tax evasion that they got him for.

I don't doubt that HMRC are aware of his reputation, but knowing that someone is dodgy and being able to prove it are two separate things. It seems that this is possibly the only thing they can prove.

Curbs to Spurs while Harry protests his innocence and clears his name?[/quote]

I reckon there would be a riot amongst the Spuds fans if they appointed Curbishley at WHL....They would be looking for The Special One or someone of that ilk.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]I can't say I'm a fan of Harry Redknapp but as far as I'm concerned HMRC are the modern equivelent of the Third Reich.

With that in mind good luck to him.
    Yeah going around asking people to pay money that they owe, that will be spent on hospitals, schools etc, makes them at least as bad as a regime that pushed the world to extinction and slaughtering 6 million people because of their race/religion.
  • Options
    What role would his accountant have in all this?
    Surely they would advise him?
    Or would he over rule their advice.
    One presumes they are very well paid to give hime best professional advice.

Perhaps HMRC have the resources to follow the trail all the way back to his stewardship at Bournemouth, where Arry ordered all cash from Pprogramme sales to be delivered directly to his office....
  • Options
    two faced, back stabbing spiv.............just ask the great Billy Bonds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferguson next I hope.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this, but you just 'know' Harry Boy does not play with a straight bat.....something about him.....probably a great bloke to have as a pal work colleague or relative....but he's bang at it...or at least 'has' been bang at it in the recent past.
    Still, I must say he's innocent until proven guilty and so we'll just have to wait and see what gives....one thing to think it another to prove it.

Don't think Billy Bonds with agree with that part mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]What role would his accountant have in all this?
    Surely they would advise him?
    Or would he over rule their advice.
    One presumes they are very well paid to give hime best professional advice.

Perhaps HMRC have the resources to follow the trail all the way back to his stewardship at Bournemouth, where Arry ordered all cash from Pprogramme sales to be delivered directly to his office....

He almost certainly wouldn't have told his accountant..................that's the whole idea of back-handers Floyd, you don't tell 'anyone'.
  • Options
    But its non payment of taxes, isnt it Sound? so the backhanders must have either been discovered or been declared, wouldnt they?
    He must be mad with the stockpile of cash he onviously has. saw his gaffe down in Dorset over Christmas - blimey, pay yer taxes, you git 'Arry. The NHS alone needs them! I thought
    I really dont know anything about it but when my brother worked at Bournemouth it was clear there were rum goings on which I imagine a tax man wouldnt be able to prove.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]I can't say I'm a fan of Harry Redknapp but as far as I'm concerned HMRC are the modern equivelent of the Third Reich.

With that in mind good luck to him.
    Yeah going around asking people to pay money that they owe, that will be spent on hospitals, schools etc, makes them at least as bad as a regime that pushed the world to extinction and slaughtering 6 million people because of their race/religion.

There are some complete arseholes at HMRC and some who are just plain incompetent. Just like any other line of work and probably no different to the make up of your average Charlton crowd, or even this board.

However, to compare them to the Nazis is pretty incredibly pathetic. Disgusting even.
  • Options
    They quoted a theory on QI last night by some eminent fellow or other
    The founder of Wikipedia I think.
    He says there is a law that the longer an argument goes on the more likely you are to end up mentioning the Nazis
    When you do, you have lost the argument
  • Options
    Godwin's Law.
  • Options
    So gutted for him today. I dare say he will be reflecting tonight on what might have been had he included Sandra in the starting line up.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]So gutted for him today. I dare say he will be reflecting tonight on what might have been had he included Sandra in the starting line up.[/quote]

ROFL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]So gutted for him today. I dare say he will be reflecting tonight on what might have been had he included Sandra in the starting line up.

ROFL

ditto