Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any good tips for Saturday night in the west end with the missus

edited October 2009 in Not Sports Related
Taking her up to our great city this weekend for her bday she is Kent born and Bred and has no clue about the city and were to go and i have never taken a lady friend for a meal in the west end before so was lookiing for any good tips of were to go (meal wise not to get on it) or am i spoilt for choice anyway and should we just see what takes ourt fancy.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe you should see the new West End Musical:

Belaruskraine
  • Options
    hahaa that was quick hats off mate
  • Options
    covent garden stroll - drinks, outside street entertainment, maggiores
    http://www.closmaggiore.com/v1/default.aspx
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]covent garden stroll - drinks, outside street entertainment, maggiores

Thanks Suzi that place looks really nice do you think you need to prebook or do you think we should just walk round and see what takes our fancy.
  • Options
    this place in Covent Garden was reall nice (no idea how to do a linky thing!)

www.ledeuxieme.com
  • Options
    What are the prices like though Suzi canno see them anywere on the site? Or am i just being Blind?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]this place in Covent Garden was reall nice (no idea how to do a linky thing!)

www.ledeuxieme.com

that does look nice too thanks for that really easy to work site too.
  • Options
    West end is pretty shit IMO, stay South of the river.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]West end is pretty shit IMO, stay South of the river.

LOL i know that South of the river is much better mate i was born and brought up in South London so i am aware of this :-) but the missus wants to go to the west end and as its her bday i should carry out the duties lol but yea i agree with you personally mate. She thinks south London is shit though were i grew up in Deptford she hates that area no idea y there and SE7 are the greatest places in the world.
  • Options
    What's your budget mate?

There are loads of restaurants, theatres and free things to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best tip is not to go. Total rip off & full of clueless tourists !
  • Options
    Aberdeen Angus Steak house is excellent
  • Options
    If it is her birthday then book.

Just wandering around and seeing what you like isn't going to work in the west end unless she will be happy with Pizza express or McDonalds (which I doubt)

Chinatown is good for Chinese (surprisingly) and good to look at plus it's close to Leicester Sq for a film. Mostly cheap by Central London standards

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/features/5617/london-s_best_cheap_eats.html
  • Options
    TGI Friday.

Get the Jack Daniels ribs, mmmmmmmm
  • Options
    lol shag.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]West end is pretty shit IMO, stay South of the river.

You could take her up the Oxo Tower
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]covent garden stroll - drinks, outside street entertainment, maggiores

Agree here actually, go to Chez Gerard and get yourself a steak, its not that great for food (ok though) but its not that expensive, then go for Ice Cream at Scoopthen for a drink in Punch and Judy and watch the street performers.
  • Options
    The Mexican Restaurant up at Covent Garden is pretty good, it also has a nice bar. Not too expensive either
  • Options
    Budget SE10 is quiet good as have just bin paid so looking at around @50 for da meal. And my missus is one of those silly tourists lol so i will be taking the piss majorly lol. Yea i think your right Henry will need to book one of yoour suggestions guys am staying in Andaz by Hyatt so will log onto internet there and see what you ahve come up with thanks for all your help btw guys. TGI fridays tell me i dont ned to book for a saturday night jokers. Speak soon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tommo[/cite]

You could take her up the Oxo Tower

How very dare you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Budget SE10 is quiet good as have just bin paid so looking at around @50 for da meal. And my missus is one of those silly tourists lol so i will be taking the piss majorly lol. Yea i think your right Henry will need to book one of yoour suggestions guys am staying in Andaz by Hyatt so will log onto internet there and see what you ahve come up with thanks for all your help btw guys. TGI fridays tell me i dont ned to book for a saturday night jokers. Speak soon.

What kind of cuisine is da meal?
  • Options
    the place i linked to do a great bargain pre-theatre menu which limits the choice but keeps the cost down but it is still lush food. you can always look at the a la carte menu if the pre theatre one doesn't take your fancy.

the sample fixed price menu here says £19.50 for 3 course or 2 course and glass each of wine http://www.closmaggiore.com/docs/2009-06-19-Prix-Fix.pdf
  • Options

If you want a bit of romance then I'm with Suzi, Clos Maggiore is amazing.

Quite expensive but worth it, the food is incredible and they treat you like royalty.
    You generally need to book though.
  • Options
    Best tip i could give mate is send her on her own and you have a day out at Elland Road you will enjoy it a lot more as well, can't believe a true fan would come on a forum like this and ask wheres the best place for a night out with the wife on the eve of the biggest game of the season get your life sorted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oaky white[/cite]Best tip i could give mate is send her on her own and you have a day out at Elland Road you will enjoy it a lot more as well, can't believe a true fan would come on a forum like this and ask wheres the best place for a night out with the wife on the eve of the biggest game of the season get your life sorted.

are you single/divorced? :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    No happily married and both season ticket holdersif it was the other way round i would take her to the matchthen stop over in London for a night out, Leeds has a great nightlife i'm sure they would both enjoy it.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Stroll hand in hand along the embankment gazing at the moolight flickering gently across the soft lapping waves of Old Father Thames, a dozen red roses, a top west end musical, meal in a top restaurant, candles, wine, violins, more roses, more wine, taxi home and shag the arse off her...

Works every time...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: tommo[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]West end is pretty shit IMO, stay South of the river.[/quote]

You could take her up the Oxo Tower[/quote]

Ha ha. here we go again.
  • Options
    Take her to The Skinners at Kennington. After that you'll know whether to take her into London again.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]

What kind of cuisine is da meal?

Made me chuckle.