Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any good tips for Saturday night in the west end with the missus

2»

Comments

• Options
    Won Keys in Chinatown for a lively chinese meal.
  • Options
    If a nice evening you can walk across hungerford bridge to south bank and then walk along south bank having drink at Royal Festival Hall or BFI then walk back to Waterloo for train home. Southbank my favourite walk in London, very romantic with lights and views.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]

What kind of cuisine is da meal?

Made me chuckle.

Chynees init!
  • Options
    If you want to go as far as Canary Wharf, then I recommend Jamie's Italian, the food is lush
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Taking her up to our great city this weekend for her bday she is Kent born and Bred and has no clue about the city and were to go and i have never taken a lady friend for a meal in the west end before so was lookiing for any good tips of were to go (meal wise not to get on it) or am i spoilt for choice anyway and should we just see what takes ourt fancy.

"she has no clue about the city and where to go" - what and you clearly do !

Be sure to moan about the number of people, transport system, smell, weather, tourists and prices as soon as you get back.

LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]the place i linked to do a great bargain pre-theatre menu which limits the choice but keeps the cost down but it is still lush food. you can always look at the a la carte menu if the pre theatre one doesn't take your fancy.

the sample fixed price menu here says £19.50 for 3 course or 2 course and glass each of winehttp://www.closmaggiore.com/docs/2009-06-19-Prix-Fix.pdf

And do they do a translation of the menu?

Do you know what pissaladière is for example? You'd be a bit peed of if you don't like anchovies.

And since when did bakers do potatoes?

Looks very very pretentious.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2009
    Taking my missus upto see the xmas lights either 12th or 19th Dec, as a treat booked into the St Giles hotel near Oxford Street so we can make a night in the West End on the juice out of it.

Stayed in the best hotel I have ever had the pleasure to the other week, Grange City Hotel in Coopers Row, behind Tower Hill tube station, 5 star, gym, pool, some great deals for weekends on booking.com, normally £250+ per night, we paid £112, and got upgraded to an executive room for free, absolutely huge room, we could have stayed all week and not sat in all the furniture in there.
    Bar prices (£4 a pint) and breakfast (£23.50 each) were well over the top though, so had breakfast at Cafe Rouge in St Katharines dock instead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]the place i linked to do a great bargain pre-theatre menu which limits the choice but keeps the cost down but it is still lush food. you can always look at the a la carte menu if the pre theatre one doesn't take your fancy.

the sample fixed price menu here says £19.50 for 3 course or 2 course and glass each of winehttp://www.closmaggiore.com/docs/2009-06-19-Prix-Fix.pdf

And do they do a translation of the menu?

Do you know what pissaladière is for example? You'd be a bit peed of if you don't like anchovies.

And since when did bakers do potatoes?

Looks very very pretentious.

I don't know what it is - but i'd either ask the waiter - or live life on the edge and order anyway! if you don't try something you don't know then you might as well stay at home and order a takeaway from your usual chinese/curry!

its a beautiful restaurant, ambiance, service as well as the food.
  • Options
    So where is RU? Was his other half blown away by the Bright Lights, Big City or is he still wandering around the west end trying to find a squat in Oxford St?
  • Options
    RU how did it go then ???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2009
  • Options
    okay so rupert isnt a figment of someones imagination... i just checked him out on facebook.

Well if you will leave your name up on your account details.... I am not a stalker!
  • Options
    He went to Di Canio's Italian and hasn't been seen since.
  • Options
    Update please
  • Options
    Update is here had some time of work so havnt been on here a while (i dont go on heree at home as my home coputer is shite). Anyway it went well we had a great weekend and the missus chose Bella Italia to eat i let her pick as it was her bday and we ate ther in covent garden. Was very reasonably priced and a good meal thanks for all the help with it all though :-). But yea all in all it was a wicked weekend she had a great time. I might have prefed to be at Leeds but after the 0-0 result am glad i diddnt waste my time. O and Curb_it i dont mind you looking at my Facebook page as your a fellow Addick i know i can trust you matey :-).
  • Options
    Yeah, but did you get your leg over...?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Yeah, but did you get your leg over...?

I sure did result (i hope she never reads this will be in dog house lol)
  • Options
    TMI