Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ukraine v England only live on the internet !!

Comments

• Options
    £4.99 if you order b4 thursday, £9.99 thursday and friday and £11.99 on saturday

all cos setanta have gone under and they had the rights to the game
  • Options
    Hope not too many subscribe to this, simply because if it's success financialy, for whoever is behind this scheme, I can see this being the thin edge of the wedge in taking us down a road many of us don't want to go....me for one.
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if they got 100 people signed up.
  • Options
    And what if you live in a notspot and can't watch? Disgraceful selling it to Sultana in the first place - our national team should never be on a minority channel and should always be free

it's not as if they need more money so that shouldn't be a factor
  • Options
    it's out of the english fa's hands it's the ukrainians who have flogged the game
  • Options
    Danish TV tried it once and got 7 viewers.
  • Options
    I still remember a carling cup game at Cambridge United, with what On Digital paid for the rights and the actual broadcasting costs, it would have been cheaper for them to put on a stretched limo to the game, with match ticket pie and a pint for each of the viewers that actually watched (around 2200 if I remember correctly).
  • Options
    If they get anything like 1 million subscribers then they are going to have major problems supplying that to subs without getting massive problems on the network. The ISP's are going to be mega pissed off with this kind of thing, it has the potential to create huge problems on their networks.
  • Options
    why worry, be at The Valley anyway.
  • Options
    easy solution BOYCOTT this and it will never happen again. Unfortunately there too many hamptons who will subscribe.....

Large - not every one is like u some have passion for club and country and rightly so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Ukrainians sold the rights to setanta as was their right to do so.

About 10 years ago there was an England game away to Finland that was internet only wasnt there? Drew 0-0 with Parlour hitting the bar and ball going over the line but goal not given.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Danish TV tried it once and got 7 viewers.

That's because they knew Rommedal was playing.
  • Options
    See selected odeon cinemas are showing the game as well. What time is kick off, 4.15 or 5.15?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]See selected odeon cinemas are showing the game as well. What time is kick off, 4.15 or 5.15?

• Options
    Thought the last England game not televised anywhere was Czech in 84 I think. Viv Andersons first game (first black player for England at the time I believe).
  • Options
    Also, im sure its a 17.15 kick-off Large, so those at the Valley Would have stiull been able to see it.
  • Options
    Charlton should stick up a screen at The Valley for the game.
  • Options
    4.15pm kick off i've seen on bbc teletext and another site
  • Options
    i believe its a 7.15pm kick-off in the Ukraine........time difference anyone ?
  • Options
    I could do it cos I have a media centre hooked up to the telly, but f*cked if I'm going to... cdnt a uk broadcaster show it nearly live a bit later?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2009
    everywhere I've looked it's deffo 4.15pm so those at The Valley still wouldn't have been able to see it, or if it was on TV, would have had a choice to make, Charlton or England. No brainer for me. Looking fwd to Republic v Italy though and even Argentian v Peru, 11pm on Sky.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's definitely a 17.15 kick off here

17.15 kick off
  • Options
    it's a 5.15 KO (BST)
  • Options
    If you've got a Bet365 account with a balance in you can watch it for free through that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]It's definitely a 17.15 kick off here

17.15 kick off

a number of sites have it wrong then.
  • Options
    maybe its 16:15 GMT but 17:15 BST
  • Options
    its definately 17.15
  • Options
    I will be watching it with Thatcher.
  • Options
    What a fooooking liberty

i am sure the Beeb or sky will have a highlights package
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]What a fooooking liberty

i am sure the Beeb or sky will have a highlights package

I'm sure ITV will show their usual highlights package.