Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The heat is on........

or is it ?

who has succumbed to putting the central heating on yet, and who is putting an extra jumper on and holding out for as long as they can ?

Comments

• Options
    My missus is always cold.
    Sits there in fleeces and jeans and puts the heating on for half hour burst here and there whilst i am still in summer sgorts and t-shirts.
    Drives me mad I tell ya.
    Luckily just got a new car which has dual temperatures, so my side can get a nice 17 degree breeze in my face whilst she gets a 24 degrees blast of warmth.

Women - cant live with them, cant shoot them.
  • Options
    No, not yet and Kay being Australian is always cold too.....
  • Options
    It is universally agreed in medical circles that women have thinner blood and therefore are more suceptable to a cold spell. In fact I have often thanked my lucky stars that me and the Mrs were not together living in the last ice age.
  • Options
    this is man vs woman
    my wife turned the heating on, I turned it off but succumbed when she turned it on again, so we are now in the eternal battle of the thermostat whereby it swings wildly from 16 to 24 and never inbetween.
  • Options
    No way is the heating on, have you seen the cost?

Seriously, I am just lucky and dont feel the cold and actually enjoy bright cold days.
  • Options
    Easy, for a quiet life, let the good lady have the heating on and I'll wear shorts etc. Financially though I hold off on the heating as much as poss.

It was pretty parky this morning though!
  • Options
    Same as really , I always wear shorts round the house and she wears a coat hat scarf and gloves .

Its the old people I feel sorry for , they say that they enjoy the bright cold days and that they don't feel the cold when they really do
  • Options
    I was not designed for these shores. I'm fecking freezing!!

Heating comes on in short burst - put it on a few days ago.
  • Options
    So far it has stayed off (when I'm in anyway) but she is moaning about how cold it is so not sure for how much longer...
  • Options
    not on at all, although this morning was the first time I thought 'Brrrrrrr' when I got up at 6.15...

generally I only wear shorts around the house and would only turn it on for short bursts in the morning and evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    do most male Charlton Lifers really wear shorts around the house most of the time???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]My missus is always cold.
    Sits there in fleeces and jeans and puts the heating on for half hour burst here and there whilst i am still in summer sgorts and t-shirts.
    Drives me mad I tell ya.

Sounds exactly the same as mine. I'm wandering about in a t-shirt and she's wearing a t-shirt, sweatshirt AND a dressing gown and still saying she's cold!
  • Options
    Took son to child minders this morning in my cargo shorts polo shirt and a jumper, havnt worn troussers since lost my job, I wear shorts all year around apart from weddings and special occasions and night games.. had to put jeans on the other day and a coat and it just felt wrong..
  • Options
    some do and the other half wear mens housecoats.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wifey made me put in on a couple of nights ago. Since then its been much milder.

I am always wearing boxers around the house - and a tshirt if it gets a bit nippy! (though it could be argued I have higher levels of insulation than most - and a nice warm downy covering of hair too)
  • Options
    I allow Mrs D to have the heating on Morn and evenings from 1 Oct to 31 March only.
    If cold outside those times she has to wear a jumper or 2.

I don't feel the cold and wear shorts in house all the time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]No way is the heating on, have you seen the cost?

id hate to see the size of yours!!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It
    id hate to see the size of yours!!

I bet you say that to all men!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Where can I buy a man's housecoat?
  • Options
    heating not happening here,got a super thick duvet at the weekend so i have a little trouble getting up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ours goes on/off when the clocks go back/forward along with the winter quilt. Untill then it's improvisation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]do most male Charlton Lifers really wear shorts around the house most of the time???
    Not football type shorts though - the three quarter length style shorts, that you would wear out and about in the summer.
  • Options
    the only shorts to wear around the house are boxer shorts FACT

anything else is superfluous
  • Options
    The heating in our house is governed by the golf course, if its pick and place at Shootershill GC then its officially winter.
  • Options
    shorts n flip flops n t shirt............she wears top, jumper, joggin bots ( hate um) furry slippers and still moans its cold!!
  • Options
    came home from the game the other night nto find the fire had been on however the heating has yet to make an appearance. Personally I think it's pretty mild at the moment and totally uneccessary, just stick on a jumper.
  • Options
    Ah, the joys of not having to have central heating. It's been rainy and cloudy for the past few days but still need the aircon for a couple of hours.
  • Options
    Will hold off for as long as humanly possible.

What exactly is 'thin blood' anyway?
  • Options
    Mines off it does wonders for my nips!!!
  • Options
    Nope no heating on heavily pregnant wife moaned that it was cold so i suggested that she starts to retire to the bedroom and watch TV up there under the Duvet as no way am i having the heating on before Dec too much frigging money