Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transport for London Salary's...shock!

edited October 2009 in Not Sports Related
Info gleaned from The Spectator....no fewer than 163 memebers of staff are on six figure salary's....now justify that Livingstone!!

Comments

• Options
    well i hope boris has sacked them all
  • Options
    Whilst TFL is Livingstone's flagship quango and he almost certainly put the high salaries in place it will be Boris who will have to justify them..
  • Options
    I really can't understand why LeftBehind is always claiming to be skint then, down to his last £50k
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Whilst TFL is Livingstone's flagship quango and he almost certainly put the high salaries in place it will be Boris who will have to justify them..
    Or just put the fares up everywhere:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8307698.stm
  • Options
    meanwhile, at The Valley, we are still top heavy in the 'executive' department.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Whilst TFL is Livingstone's flagship quango and he almost certainly put the high salaries in place it will be Boris who will have to justify them..
    Or just put the fares up everywhere:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8307698.stm

That explains it then. A leak to Boris's former comic to pave the way for this announcement. Not soft is he!
  • Options
    He is certainly smarter than he is given credit for.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]He is certainly smarter than he is given credit for.
    Paying executives big salaries and raising the money by massively hiking up fares. How is that "smart"?
  • Options
    Being smart would be to cut their salary's or give them the 'tin tack' altogether.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]He is certainly smarter than he is given credit for.
    Paying executives big salaries and raising the money by massively hiking up fares. How is that "smart"?

Boris is paying off his cronies again...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As David Cameron will find out in due course, I suspect!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    raising the congestion charge? this board would be going mental if this was ken doing it. i guess it's ok now
  • Options
    I cant believe they are putting the fares up again, and by such a huge increase!!... Stick the tossers on the Northern Line in the morning and then see if they can justify the increase.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Being smart would be to cut their salary's or give them the 'tin tack' altogether.
    Except that it would probably breach any number of employment laws and cost the country millions.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Directors of local authority departments also earn shed loads, 133k that baby p case bird got..
  • Options
    Jesus, so p###ed off right now.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]I really can't understand why LeftBehind is always claiming to be skint then, down to his last £50k[/quote]

Mate im always skint unless i have a grand in the pocket otherwise i just feel poor like the rest of you common people, and the bank balance is a little under £250k so things are tight mate i cant get that new Bentley yet, unless i get rid of one of the servants.

Talking of money or Bob Crowe i would be happy with the pay rise that was offered back in March in the present climate im just happy to be employed, so stop all this crap about striking, TSSA accepted it and im sure ASLEF wont be far behind them.

I want my money you fat useless c**t.

Pisses me off that RMT are stalling the pay rises im not even in a poxy union but they still can block me getting the pay rise im happy to accept.

Rant over
  • Options
    Same with the Post Office, they don't seem to realise that there are 2.5Million + unemployed.
    Mind you it is sickening that the bankers are back on big bonuses whilst taxpayers money is still owed to the treasury for bailing them out after they cocked it all up for everyone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]Same with the Post Office, they don't seem to realise that there are 2.5Million + unemployed.
    Mind you it is sickening that the bankers are back on big bonuses whilst taxpayers money is still owed to the treasury for bailing them out after they cocked it all up for everyone.

Agree the postie's need think very carefully about what they do in the current climate. But read the average wage is £345 pw while their Chief Exe (Crozier) is on £3m a year! Enough to piss anyone off.
  • Options
    True, I think the union are pushing them though, they get quite a lot of overtime at least, I know it is additional work but for most of them it is local work, no time or money wasted on costly trains.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We was told at the start that the Congestion charge was not a tax/money making scheme, it was only put in place to cut traffic. I remember hearing from Livingstone at the time that if it didnt work then he would scrap it. Well, he raised it from £5 to £8, so what was the raise for? It was either that there was still heavy congestion so he had to raise the price to try and stop people driving in, if that was the case then the congestion charge was not working as no mateer if people had to pay if they needed to drive in they would. If on the other hand he just raised the price for no other reason, then it would make it tax/money making scheme. Another example of MPs pulling the wool over our eyes.
  • Options
    MP's?
  • Options
    with mr peter hendy on 450k plus bonuses and this is the man that said if boris got in he'd never work for him blah blah blah 450k pa and guess what he's stillin his job. Funny that eh still not resigned funn how money talks.
  • Options
    You must be on that now Ledge the prices you lot charge.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]MP's?

Mayor/Politicians/MPs all the same same mate, saying one thing then doing another.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]MP's?

Mayor/Politicians/MPs all the same same mate, saying one thing then doing another.

I was just being Henry... (I knew what you meant)

;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]with mr peter hendy on 450k plus bonuses and this is the man that said if boris got in he'd never work for him blah blah blah 450k pa and guess what he's stillin his job. Funny that eh still not resigned funn how money talks.

You cabbies must be pissing yourselves today (the ones on LBC earlier certainly were) about the fare rises, and how it's good for the cab trade as it's now seen as cheaper to be in a cab
  • Options
    TFL = Taking ffing liberties.
  • Options
    Can't argue with that