Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Ever Cover Version

Inspired by the comments by some on the Wild Horses thread I thought we should start a thread dedicated to all those magnificent reproductions of classic songs.

Having said that, imho, it will be extremely difficult to beat my offering of:

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - William Shatner

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Inspired by the comments by some on the Wild Horses thread I thought we should start a thread dedicated to all those magnificent reproductions of classic songs.

Having said that, imho, it will be extremely difficult to beat my offering of:

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - William Shatner

surely this should be "Top Five.....Worse Cover versions" :- )
  • Options
    mark ronson's cover of 'just' by radiohead
  • Options
    Mike Flowers Pop - Wonderwall
  • Options
    I can see a "Best five cover versions" thread looming
  • Options
    Bad News - Bohemian Rhapsody. Although, it probably shouldn't count as it was meant to be terrible.
  • Options
    Rolf Harris - Stairway to Heaven ... although Henry probably prefers that version ;-)
  • Options
    Celine Dion - You shook me (all night long) by AC/DC has to be up there as the worst cover version ever?

Or perhaps any of the tracks off of Bob Dylan's recently released Christmas Album?
  • Options
    Peter Andre & Katie Price - A whole new world
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I can see a "Best five cover versions" thread looming

best cover version
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I can see a "Best five cover versions" thread looming

Already done
  • Options
    Madonna - American Pie

appalling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit .... sacrilege to a great Who song
  • Options
    Other musical crimes that spring to mind...

Michael Bolton - Sitting on the Dock of the Bay
    Ronan Keating - Fairytale Of New York
    Will Young - Light my Fire
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Madonna - American Pie

appalling

I think you've outdone me there Alex. If ever there was a case for trying someone for murder it has to be Madge's version of an all time classic.
  • Options
    Ronan Keating - Iris (Goo Goo Dolls)
  • Options
    Leo Sayer -Unchained Melody ?
  • Options
    Put a Little Love in Your Heart by Leonard Nimoy ain't too clever. Youtube it and see if you can bear to listen to the whole record.
  • Options
    Bruce Willis - Under the Boardwalk
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Other musical crimes that spring to mind...

Michael Bolton - Sitting on the Dock of the Bay
    Ronan Keating - Fairytale Of New York
    Will Young - Light my Fire

hate will young and love the doors however I thought it was an interesting take on a classic

..anything by girl aloud including non covers
  • Options
    Anything that...... DJ Sammy touches. Blokes an utter....

Some of the above ones makes my blood boil. Love my music and nothing annoys me quicker than someone destroying a song. Ronan Keating with his songs for his mum or whatever had me throwing things at the telly everytime the advert came on.
  • Options
    He didn't release it (I hope..), but Paul Shane's cover of 'You've Lost that Loving Feeling' on Pebble Mill was a belter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJvGdOC6D1Y

BABY BABY!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Red, Red Wine - UB40
  • Options
    Mark Ronson - 'Stop me' (cover of 'Stop me if you think you've heard this one before') and Tatu - 'How soon is now'.

Anyone who covers The Smiths should be rewarded with the death penalty.
  • Options
    Maralyn Manson - Tainted Love.
  • Options
    Tori Amos doing Chas n Dave covers....can't remember which songs but they were extra tracks on one of her cd singles.
  • Options
    Freak on a Leash by Avil Lavene

Best cover of all time is All Along The Watch Tower by Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    Didn't Tori Amos do a Nirvana cover? That was horrible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Rolf Harris - Stairway to Heaven ... although Henry probably prefers that version ;-)

you bet I do. Great reggae feel to it. : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red Fraggle[/cite]Anything that...... DJ Sammy touches. Blokes an utter....

There was a rumour that DJ Sammy voted for himself over 10,000 times in the recent DJ Mag Top 100 poll. What a w****r.
  • Options
    What's happened to this thread?!

Anyone getting a sense of Deja Vu?
  • Options
    i quite like boyzone's cover of Father and Son. haha ridiculous taste in music i know but i do love the original. love a bit of Yusuf Islam.