Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why Was The Valley Spared?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Danny Baker = legend
  • Options
    Got to agree with most , hes a Millwall scumbag but he's the best thing on the radio by a long way.
  • Options
    He may be a spanner, but I like him. His radio show is great and it's simply because he's on it. He went up even further in my estimation yesterday when he agreed that the Valley would be one of only 20 grounds that should be left theoretically standing. Plus, he said he hated Palace more!
  • Options
    In Football Monthly c1967 Danny Baker is a Man Utd fan!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PhoenixSiv[/cite]he killed Bob Marley

?

He played football v the Wailers when with the NME. Trod on Bob's foot and injured him.

Years later Marley died of cancer that started in his foot.

An urban myth that Baker killed Marley but one started by Baker.

I'd heard about about the footie injury, but never knew it was down to Baker. I thought it was just down to him being a religious nut who refused treatement.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]
    Really went off him when he was a tv " character"but his radio shows are great.
    I hated his tv show, like a dumbed down televisual version of the Sun
    He's not my cup of tea; I hate his cultivated "blokeishness".
    I'd like to put him and Chris Evans in a Turkish prison.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]No true Charlton fan should listen to Danny Baker.

But what era are we talking about here - pre-war, post war, sixties etc?

Then I'm not a true Charlton fan then. From a professional (yes I know that's a bit rich from me) view, he is an absolute genius on the radio. Shame he's Millwall, but we all have our crosses

Each to his own, on the radio as on TV he comes across as a shouty loudmouth look at me/listen to me type with a fake cockney accent, what little I've listened to of his R5 Saturday morning show gives me the impression that he's trying just that little bit too hard to a chirpy cockney chappy with a preference for lowest common denominator type zany antics. Still the BBC is a broad church...and so are it's listeners.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]
    Really went off him when he was a tv " character"but his radio shows are great.
    I hated his tv show, like a dumbed down televisual version of the Sun
    He's not my cup of tea; I hate his cultivated "blokeishness".
    I'd like to put him and Chris Evans in a Turkish prison.

But Pets Win Prizes was magnificent.

[cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]No true Charlton fan should listen to Danny Baker.

But what era are we talking about here - pre-war, post war, sixties etc?

Then I'm not a true Charlton fan then. From a professional (yes I know that's a bit rich from me) view, he is an absolute genius on the radio. Shame he's Millwall, but we all have our crosses

Each to his own, on the radio as on TV he comes across as a shouty loudmouth look at me/listen to me type with a fake cockney accent, what little I've listened to of his R5 Saturday morning show gives me the impression that he's trying just that little bit too hard to a chirpy cockney chappy with a preference for lowest common denominator type zany antics. Still the BBC is a broad church...and so are it's listeners.

I never get the feeling it's cultivated at all. That's just how he is, surely.