Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the politest turnstyle operator ever ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I did a stint in the mid 90's on the turnstiles, could be fun if you ended up on the ones for the away end
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I am amazed at how many supporters go through the turnstyle and don't say thank you to the turnstyle operator for clicking the switch to let them in. no wonder they don't often say much. north upper turnstyle operator always says thank you to me, after i've said thank you to them for taking my ticket and letting me in.

Why do you thank them for doing their (extremely easy) job? Do you thank a bouncer for letting you into a club? Do you go and thank the train driver for opening and closing the doors on the tube?

I agree with others, manners are in short supply these days saying a polite "Thank You" as you walk through a turnstile cost nothing and is something I've always done (although its normally "Cheers Mate") but to find the blokes normally on the phone or chatting to his "Steward mate" across the stair well, therefore to busy to respond.
    I aways tip the maid when on holiday normally on the last day and personally, rather than leaving it on a side table for a manager to lift it before the maids get to the rooms.
    Never tip a barman, but always tip a waiter (if the service is good)
    I'm a firm believer in, treat people how you like to be treated, rather than how they treat you.
    But then I'm old school :)
  • Options
    It costs nothing to say 'mind how you cross the road', and that's a good tip.