Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY HD

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Agreed although mindblowing might be overstating it a bit.

Go watch Planet Earth and come back to me.... ;-)

Got the first two episodes of Life stored up to watch and have the Planet Earth Blu ray boxset on my Christmas list - I'm sure it will look superb, but those BBC wildlife docs were always pretty awesome on normal telly!

Thing I've enjoyed most since I got the big telly is Kung Fu Panda on Blu Ray, the colours are spectacular.

I have to agree on Kung Fu Panda, played through my PS3 it looks fantastic.

Did I really just type that?!
  • Options
    I'm really annoyed as I had my Sky+HD box replaced a couple of weeks ago & lost all everything on the planner (about 3 pages worth) plus I'm back on the old menu & therefore can't tune ITV to HD, not unless anyone knows something I don't know that is?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite] therefore can't tune ITV to HD, not unless anyone knows something I don't know that is?

I'd be interested to know how I can do this too, not that I ever watch anything on ITV.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]I'm really annoyed as I had my Sky+HD box replaced a couple of weeks ago & lost all everything on the planner (about 3 pages worth) plus I'm back on the old menu & therefore can't tune ITV to HD, not unless anyone knows something I don't know that is?

Happened to us too - We had a Thomson box with the new EPG, but those boxes are notoriously unreliable - Had about 20 hours worth of stuff recorded, sadly all gone. Now got a Samsung box but the EPG hasn't been fully rolled out yet.

IF Virgin ever pull their collective fingers out of their backsides and get Sky Sports on HD then I will convert to them.
  • Options
    Isn't ITV HD only available through Virgin?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SXAddick[/cite]Isn't ITV HD only available through Virgin?

No ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

No ;)

Yes,unless you have the new SKY HD EPG
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

No ;)
    You can tune it in as an added channel. But they rarely use it to be honest.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    can't you just dial up the channel number on any SKY hd box regardless of make? I wouldn't know as I moved to freeSAT for ITV HD before it became available on SKY
  • Options
    I had it on the old EPG and have retained it on the new EPG.... Try this:

go to the Add Channels menu and use the following settings:

H
    2/3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else hark back to the days when the only thing you did with a tv was to tune the nob to the right to get Jimmy Hill and to the left to get Brian Moore?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I had it on the old EPG and have retained it on the new EPG.... Try this:

H
    2/3
    .....It's the channel listed "10510"
  • Options
    The ITV HD channel is great for footie if nothing else !
  • Options
    anyone know the channel to input for ITV HD through virgin hd box?

most stunning looking Blu-rays ive watched are Walle, Batman the Dark Knight.

the BBC Life series has been pretty cool too!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simon E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I had it on the old EPG and have retained it on the new EPG.... Try this:

H
    2/3

.....It's the channel listed "10510"

I can go to the Add Channels and put in the above but then how do I get it to save ? Probably being dense but have tried a few times with no luck.
  • Options
    Wall-E on blueray is awesome. I never get tired of watching this film.

Tried installing ITV HD and my box wouldn't let me. Will have to wait until we get the new EPG.

VM have no plans to take Sky sports HD content. Bummer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Tried installing ITV HD and my box wouldn't let me. Will have to wait until we get the new EPG.

Ditto
  • Options
    its hardly ever actually on so perhaps thats why, I select it on Freesat using the red button for certain events, not sure how it works with a sky or virgin box tho
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]its hardly ever actually on so perhaps thats why, I select it on Freesat using the red button for certain events, not sure how it works with a sky or virgin box tho

Its accessed through the 'other channels' option within the Sky software. Listed as channel 10510... but you can't just type the number in....
  • Options
    Are there any *ahem* other channels accessable like this ?

(Looks around in case Mrs.Mog is behind me..........)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    its also worth spending more than a fiver on a HDMI cable. It does make a diffrence. flick between eurosport and eurosport hd and you will notice a big diffrence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Are there any *ahem*otherchannels accessable like this ?

Is anyone able to answer this man's question?

I ask because a friend, lets call him Mr FOD, is getting sky in February.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Are there any *ahem*otherchannels accessable like this ?

Is anyone able to answer this man's question?

I ask because a friend, lets call him Mr FOD, is getting sky in February.

haha wouldnt know mate you just made me laugh thanks :-)
  • Options
    Finally persuaded Sky to install HD for nothing and give me the box for free......

Currently watching Villa vs Wolves the difference is staggering.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Finally persuaded Sky to install HD for nothing and give me the box for free......

Currently watching Villa vs Wolves the difference is staggering.

Sky phoned me on Tuesday, asked why I didn't want HD, told them I've had Sky for years and it pisses me off that new customers get the box and installation for nothing. Plus the fact I can't warrant another £10 a month.

He offered me a free HD box, free installation and 12 MONTHS FREE SUBSCRIBTION. Oh and they would move my current Sky+ box upstairs as I already have multi-room for no charge.

I took 10 seconds to think about it and it's being installed tomorrow morning.

He also said it can be cancelled after the free 12 months (all of this confirmed in a letter today).

Happy days.