Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney and Steve Sutherland @ Bromley Addicks 10/11/2009

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
8.00 pm

Bickley and Widmore WM Club
Tylney Rd
Bromley
BR1 2SH

No membership required and no entrance fee

If you've never been before then come and try it. If you hate it you don't have to come again and you've paid nothing.

If you enjoy it then you can think about paying the huge £5 annual fee or at least buying some raffle tickets.

As far as I know it is an on the record meeting.

Can I make it clear that I, along with the other committee members organise the meetings because we enjoy it.

We go to the time and effort to organise them, we make then open to all, you don't have to live in Bromley or even be a member but then when we get there we like to enjoy the evening, have a few drinks and a chat and listen to the guest.

We don't take notes and I don't really want to write up a full account the next day. Others who go along are welcome to write up what they heard or answer others questions when the meetings are on-the-record. They will most likely be more sober and articulate in any case.

Comments

• Options
    Can I also say a big thank you to David White who would also have been at the meeting had it not coincided with another engagement he couldn't move.

Another time.
  • Options
    Anyone else going along to this?
  • Options
    You and Peter evidently!
  • Options
    I'll try my best, but don't want to make any promises which I may be unable to keep.
  • Options
    Are you going to have the JPT game on?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I'll try my best, but don't want to make any promises which I may be unable to keep.
    Are you having a dig at David White?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I'll try my best, but don't want to make any promises which I may be unable to keep.

I think not, rather that Friend or Defoe can't get himself out of bed on time in the morning at the best of times so a Tuesday night is going to confuse him no end : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

I think not, rather that Friend or Defoe can't get himself out of bed on time in the morning at the best of times so a Tuesday night is going to confuse him no end : - )
    Ha ha!!

I might not get back in time to go to the meeting.
  • Options
    Well, looks like its 2 of us then.

(beer is quite cheap too)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Well, looks like its 2 of us then.

(beer is quite cheap too)

Should make it easy to work out who we are then ; - )

Also still trying to find out who Covered End is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be there!
  • Options
    I should be along.
  • Options
    I think that makes 6 of us counting Peter : - )

Spoke to him today and he confirmed he is coming. Should be a good night.

Always a few lifers there so I hope that those of you I don't know or haven't met before come up and say hello. Always good to put a name to a face (even if I forget it in an alcohol fuelled haze) and I can introduce you to some other Lifers as well.
  • Options
    Just confirmed with Steve Sutherland that he can make the meeting as well so will be an even more interesting insight into the inner workings of the Club.
  • Options
    Does anyone on here use 606? If so can you put this up on there.

Ditto any other sites or forums.

Cheers
  • Options
    bumped for update
  • Options
    Now on the OS so must be true.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=35067&newstype=n
  • Options
    what date is on the title thread ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]what date is on the title thread ?

10/9/2009
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

10/9/2009

now changed to
    10/11/2009
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

10/11/2009

Now ; - )

Thanks for pointing that out.
  • Options
    won't be able to make it, no transport, can't be bothered with trains and buses etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]won't be able to make it, no transport, can't be bothered with trains and buses etc.

Well don't come asking Wednesday morning what was said : - )
  • Options
    Henry

Some of us "Lifers" live a long way from Bromley but we would still be interested in what is said by your guests. Would it be possible for a "members only" post after the meeting?
  • Options
    So will Arnie Warren and Chris Tugwell accompany Derek Chappell the next time he speaks in Bromley?
    ;-)
  • Options
    ll, it's on the record meeting so happy for someone to feedback what is said unless Pv or SS ask otherwise.

The comment to Large was a joke.

Its just that i personally dont take notes and if like now im logging on via my phone its difficult to do a long report.
  • Options
    I hope they are thick skinned because after today they are in for some serous sh1t.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I hope they are thick skinned because after today they are in for some serous sh1t.

Why should they be...especially Steve Sutherland who doesn't even work for the club any longer and PV has only just joined the board after working for the club in an advisory/consultancy capacity.
  • Options
    As I texted them both after the game "Tuesday is going to be fun now"

They have both been at Charlton long enough to be used to it now but they are also life long fans so will be hurting just the same as I am.

See you all there.
  • Options
    As I won't be able to make it there (for obvious reasons) could somebody please ask Peter Varney if there is any likelyhood of Curbs returning in the near future?