Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

gillingham v charlton - post match views

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
1-1 point earned or two points lossed

Comments

• Options
    In the end I now think it was a point won, but not the way I felt at the final whistle
  • Options
    I would have been happy with an away point but having gone one up so late in the game it would have been nice to hold out for all 3.
  • Options
    Point earned - Especially since leeds lost
  • Options
    Two points lost.

We have to close out games like this.
  • Options
    Point earned,theyve got a good home record and sounded like they were well up for it so got to be happy with a point.
  • Options
    1 point earned, at the final whistle felt like 2 lost as we really should have played this one out but on reflection deff 1 earned.

I was only listening but their keeper only had to make 1 save in 90 min, you cant expect to win games if you create so so little, I dont think we were ever gonna lose this one but until the og we werent gonna win it either
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]I would have been happy with an away point but having gone one up so late in the game it would have been nice to hold out for all 3.

Same as.
  • Options
    When I look at the table we have one point more than we had yesterday - so it's a point gained.
  • Options
    We were no way near our best today, gillingham were up for it far more than us. The pitch didn't encourage free flowing expansive football as we like, plus they do have a good home record. So I'm happy with the point however we did get a very lucky late goal and if we want to properly challenge for the title we can't afford to let too many late leads slip...
  • Options
    Point earned - Definite banana skin - they were up for it - We didn't lose. Still gutted though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    earned. they're good at home and leeds would do well to get the same 1pt if they are as up for it as they were against us.
  • Options
    Conditions were poor. Swirling wind. Tiny pitch. Gills looking to kick us of the pitch. Gills are a different side at home, that is only the 5th goal they hace conceded at home. Add in another terrible ref and you conclude it was a good point.
  • Options
    Am sitting on the train back to london. Game was poor, gills deserved at least a point. Looked a lot more threatening than us. Quick sum up of the day- shit town, weird weird people, shit ground, shit game.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Just got home, I'll take the point but we were awful. McLeod & Burton didn't look like a threat at all. Ref was shite too
  • Options
    Oh, Gillingham is even more of a shithole than I remember.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Can someone please edit the spelling on the title of this......no idea why but it is really annoying me.
  • Options
    One point gained as we were crap. No more than three passes before giving it away. Crosses that were too short or too long. No control, no real shots and a ref that was one of the worst I have ever seen!

Mind you, it was nice to be home 10 minutes after the final kick of the game.
  • Options
    Given how poor we were definitely a point won.

One shot from McLeod in the first half which almost ended up in the Medway it was so off target no corners. The most exciting bit was the big bundle with the stewards and coppers ejecting the Charlton fans for a welcome return to the boozer. That's how bad we were.

Second half Elliot kept us in it until Nutter lived up to his name. Dailly and Sodje then played after you Claude to allow Jackson to equalise.

McLeod was more effective destroying advertising placards or sitting on the laps of Gillingham fans.

Given all that definitely a point gained!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Can someone please edit the spelling on the title of this......no idea why but it is realling annoying me.
    You mean realling, realling annoying you? ;o)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Fat thumbs on the iphone.......or maybe not. Wondered how long it would take for someone to notice!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    away from home a good point earned
  • Options
    point earned, we were just not enough for all three today.
  • Options
    Just got in and lots to say when AFKA opens the 'official' post-match comments thread. But short answer - a point gained in the end as they were much better than us. BUT after last week's euphoria it was a serious wake-up call. We won't get automatic promotion if we can't win away. And we haven't managed it since way back in August.

Thanks to those who spent the week belittling them and telling us the Gills were 'nothing' and were unworthy of their first visit from the mighty Charlton in 29 years. The word that comes to mind is hubris. A point was just about fair, but only just. We didn't deserve to win, but we hardly could have complained if they had.
  • Options
    hang on a minute,they drew there cup final at home,were spank them at home,think its the twenties since they beat us in the league,going to stay like that.
  • Options
    Wasn't there, so harder for me to say, but as said it was a potential banana skin. Last season we'd have lost games like this. We need to improve and start winning games, but at least we're not losing.

Still have problems up front, Burton and Shelvey are the better players, but McLeod for Shelvey adds pace and just that creates chances, though we don't really finish them. Perhaps Mooney needs a run in the team, he might have that bit more quality than McLeod but at least some pace to offer what McLeod does.
  • Options
    They were shit, we were shittier!
    FACT

And the ref was a blind buffoon.
  • Options
    are villa really pleased to get a draw at wolves today and if they were offered it before the game would they really bite your hand off?

i am sure that if we had lost the usual would sing the virtues of that too.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]When I look at the table we have one point more than we had yesterday - so it's a point gained.[/quote]

did u go ?
  • Options
    lets have this correct,were second in a shit league,anything but automatic is not good enough,the fact is we played bad and pulled a draw,im quite happy with that,but get some forwards in who at least score.
  • Options
    got lumbered in with the sit down crew, had move to stand at the back before k.o.

How that seat didn't hit anyone!