Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mooney

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
cannot get into a team in the relegation zone of the division above.

Is that because he is charlie rap, recovering from injury or simply not fancied (in a footballing sense!!) by the present Reading manager?

I know nothing about the bloke so simply canvassing opinions....

Comments

• Options
    Thought he has looked promising in both appearances and will be a able deputy when Deon goes in for his op in my opinion. Could even be a step up as he looks a little bit more technically gifted than Burton.
  • Options
    From what i've seen in the cameo's he's had he seems lively and will cause defenders problems.
  • Options
    Hopefully Reading will let him play in the FA Cup. I'd also start him in the JPT. May need a bit more match sharpness before he's ready for a league start.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Thought he has looked promising in both appearances and will be a able deputy when Deon goes in for his op in my opinion. Could even be a step up as he looks a little bit more technically gifted than Burton.

by the time we decide to send Deon for his op, he'll probably have to go back !!.
  • Options
    Im still wondering in what way this was an "emergency loan" when he doesnt start.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]Im still wondering in what way this was an "emergency loan" when he doesnt start.

Interesting point ... not sure about the rules governing 'emergency loans' but surely the player should be playing or how can it be an emergency?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]Im still wondering in what way this was an "emergency loan" when he doesnt start.

Interesting point ... not sure about the rules governing 'emergency loans' but surely the player should be playing or how can it be an emergency?
    It's really just the name of a short term loan, doesn't mean much at all.
  • Options

We saw last season what happens when loanees come straight in and get started ahead of regular players even when they weren't fully fit. Doing that put too many noses out of joint and if Parky is giving McLeod a chance to prove himself before promoting Mooney to the starting line-up then it's a decision I agree with.

Anyway, we only have Mooney until December 1st, it'll be interesting to see if he is retained after then.
  • Options
    Why do i keep seeing Money and not Mooney when i read the title?!?!?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]cannot get into a team in the relegation zone of the division above.
    [/quote]
    Not sure any of our forwards would. From the brief cameos though, he looks at least as good as what we have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    looked good when he came on i thought,doesnt score goals though it seems.
  • Options
    hes right at home with our forwards then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Why do i keep seeing Money and not Mooney when i read the title?!?!?

I remember Richard Money, who played for Liverpool and several other clubs a while back.

When he was manager at Walsall last year, he was affectionately known as "Dickie Dosh".
  • Options
    We are badly in need of atleast one if not two good forwards, Burton is ok, but neither he or any other of the forwards are prolific even in this league, looking at the top six or eight clubs in our each have a player that is capable of getting 15-20 goals a season, i would be suprised if our strikers get 15-20 between them all season...IMO this could be the difference between promotion and also rans
  • Options
    Unfortunately goalscoring forwards are like rocking-horse shite. Those few that can find the net on a regular basis will be out of our price range, meaning we would have to either take on another loan from a higher club or gamble on another unproven non-league player, neither of which i can see PP doing.
    Think we need to get used to what we have got. If the midfield get back to playing as they did at the start of the season then i see no problem with us winning games.
  • Options
    Our strikers have 7is it? Between them so far!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Unfortunately goalscoring forwards are like rocking-horse shite. Those few that can find the net on a regular basis will be out of our price range, meaning we would have to either take on another loan from a higher club or gamble on another unproven non-league player, neither of which i can see PP doing.
    Think we need to get used to what we have got. If the midfield get back to playing as they did at the start of the season then i see no problem with us winning games.[/quote]

I agree that goalscorers come at a premium rate, but only when you are in the priemiership/ championship. Colchester, Millwall, MK Dons, are hardly flush but still are able to find strikers from lower leagues/ players sitting in another clubs reserve or youth team, i would question the desire and hunger of McLeod as he has already proven that he can he do it at this level so why can he not do it now?? Beckford did not cost Leeds a fortune, so it does prove that the players are out there it is upto the management team to go out and find them and not just simply hope that the current crop can do it, we need to be able to mix it up a bit and make teams think about how we are we are going to play, rather than jitting Deon Burton to hold up, or knocking it long for McLeod to chase
  • Options
    We need to create more chances.

Okay, on Saturday Izzy skied one and Burton put another into Row Z.
    Their keeper had just one save to make. Just one.

That was about it. Thank God they had some Nutter playing on their side.
  • Options
    The one positive to come out of tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]The one positive to come out of tonight.

Yep, led the line well and demonstrated a bit of footballing nous. Hopefully he'll start from here on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Agree he did OK - keen and sharp, but didn't get much service. Thought Llera put in a good shift too. Basey was woeful, Youga and Dailly more dodgy than normal. Midfield generally non-existent. Holden had a few good touches and great cross for the goal.
  • Options
    was no more effective as a lone strker that dickson or mcclown although looks like he could well with someone alongside him.
  • Options
    drop sam bring in holden.complete waste of a player
  • Options
    Just not a lone striker either, should have put Burton or McKenzie on alongside him at least at half time. From the bits he did can see he might have a bit less pace than McLeod but he's the better all round player. Needs someone alongside him, either a clever player like Burton who can hold up the ball or alternatively someone like Iwelumo/Kandol, but we need to sign that type of striker first.
  • Options
    Ran his nuts off, showed enough to me to deserve a start but only up there with another striker
  • Options
    he is rubbish full stop burton and mckenzie to start sat bring back Dickson he is better then mooney
  • Options
    agree isaw mooney looks like he could be a composed type,has a nice style about him,think he could do good link up stuff with mckenzie
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lee Heywood[/cite]he is rubbish full stop burton and mckenzie to start sat bring back Dickson he is better then mooney

As most on here know I am probably Dicko's biggest fan but Mooney did as much as could be expected isolated as he was. Deserves another chance on Saturday but, as most agree, needs someone alongside him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lee Heywood[/cite]he is rubbish full stop burton and mckenzie to start sat bring back Dickson he is better then mooney
    Bizarre that you can say that. Dickson looked even worse as a lone striker when he played there last season. He'd be a decent option, but both would need to play alongside Burton if not McKenzie. Up front on their own doesn't suit either of them, neither would playing with each other or McLeod.
  • Options
    Thought Wagstaff and Mooney were our only quality tonight