Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mooney

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lee Heywood[/cite]he is rubbish full stop burton and mckenzie to start sat bring back Dickson he is better then mooney

You are comparing footballing apples and oranges.

Mooney is a hold the ball up/back to goal striker who looks to bring others into play.

Dickson is the type to run onto knock-downs, through balls and crosses etc. Playing him in the Mooney/Burton role would be a mistake, just as it was to try and get McLeod to play that way against NV.
  • Options
    Mooney reminded me of Andy Hunt a bit...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Thought Wagstaff and Mooney were our only quality tonight

Wagstaff?

Really?

I like hum a lot but disappointing last night
  • Options
    Cant question Mooney's effort, but went down too easily for a big man.

Burton & Mckenzie can be the partnership, looked more lively when they came on.
  • Options
    He looks so much like a young Nigel Havers and played much like I imagine a young Nigel Havers would!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Mooney reminded me of Andy Hunt a bit...

Without the end product.
  • Options
    But then Andy Hunt didn't play up front on his own
  • Options
    I thought he did ok last night, but is not a lone striker! i think he deserves a chance up front with mckenzie, would like burton to get his hernia op over and done with and if all else fouls could give tuna a run out. may not bee as quick as mcleod but defo better option as more to other sides of his game, as for one on ones could do no worse and who knows as didnt really have a chance other then when he mis-controlled it and fell to waggy
  • Options
    I think Mooney and Leon would be a good partnership, Imo Mooney can't playon his own upfront and needs support. Shelvey did not provide this as he likes to drop deeper and without Bailey/Racons there was less midfield support to get up and support the striker. When Deon plays, he can play the lone role better than anyone at the club (maybe Leon aswell but yet to see this) but he too needs support, i think it is time we went for a more conventional 4-4-2 with Leon starting alongside Deon or Mooney
  • Options
    4-5-1 and Charlton don't mix.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where was it we saw that Mooney was meant to be good in the air? In the few times I've seen him, he really doesn't look like that type of player.
  • Options
    Reading havent lost in their last 3 games, scoring 6 goals in the process. Hopefully they can go to Derby and get some points unscathed, meaning the chances of them extending Mooney's loan are more likely.

I saw Large mention that he doesnt rate some of Mooney's attributes (which partly i agree with but realisticly he is a league one player and we are a league one club) but as long has he is scoring, and poachers goals too, then i want him for as long as possible. Get the vibe from last nights celebrations that the rest of the squad like him too.
  • Options
    Reading are hoping to sign one or hopefully two strikers before the end of the loan window. If they do i'm sure we'll be able to keep Mooney.
  • Options
    They can insert a 24 hour recall clause in the second month if he stays . I'm sure they would prefer him to be playing regular games than bench warming.

With Mooney and Sodje2 as an impact sub we now seem to have options up front again and look vibrant.
  • Options
    Reading FC's David Mooney edging closer to Charlton Athletic switch
    By Jonny Fordham
    November 26, 2009

David Mooney's Charlton Athletic loan is set to be extended and the player hasn’t ruled out completing a permanent deal to the club in the new year.

Former Royals legend and current Addicks boss Phil Parkinson has approached Reading in a bid to keep hold of the striker beyond his current emergency loan deal that runs until Tuesday.

Mooney has scored twice in six appearances during his time at The Valley and Royals’ director of football Nick Hammond said it is possible that he remains there for some time longer.

He told the Reading Post: “David’s playing plenty of games under Parky and scoring goals which is what we wanted him to go out and do.

“It’s possible that he could extend his spell there after December 1, but at the same time we would probably insert a clause so we could call him back to Reading at any time.”

And the player himself is also keen that a deal can be done and would also welcome a permanent move to South East London after starting just two league cup games for Reading after joining in the summer of 2008.

Mooney added: “I've just got to wait and see what happens but obviously I need to get it sorted.

“It's one of those things where I'm not playing at Reading so if I can come here and do well during the loan period, and Charlton want to sign me, then I'd talk it through with my family and see what we do.”
  • Options
    excellent
  • Options
    get in,great news
  • Options
    Nice one. Keep banging in the goals, Pants.
  • Options
    Good good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only for one more month though.

Still I guess that takes us up to just before the Transfer window opens.
  • Options
    Yes MOOOOONEY MOOOOONEY. I like him keep banging them son.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Only for one more month though.

Still I guess that takes us up to just before the Transfer window opens.

Yea then him and everyone else whos any good goes.
  • Options
    What is going on with Leon McKenzie?
  • Options
    Good stuff, as long as his clause isn't exercised we now have three strong strikers up front to call upon over the crucial Christmas period (I'm assuming Akpo will come for another month and a 24 hour recall as well)... hopefully Feeney will score some goals for Wednesday and Laws will be convinced
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]What is going on with Leon McKenzie?

Yea right last time i saw him was Barnet i think? Anyone know anything?
  • Options
    i will tell you at cons on the 19th
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

So you didnt see him score against Southampton a couple of weeks ago?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

So you didnt see him score against Southampton a couple of weeks ago?

O yea no i wasnt there but yea that was the last time he played than.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Reading are hoping to sign one or hopefully two strikers before the end of the loan window. If they do i'm sure we'll be able to keep Mooney.[/quote]

They could have McLeod?