Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You'll Be Welcome At Witton Albion FC - FA Cup 8 November

Comments

• Options
    I take it you Vics peeps call yourselves "Trickers".....?

Northwich Vickers = Trickers, yep could pass for Cockney rhyming slang ;o)
  • Options
    Get in !!!!........ the biggest faux pas of the lot.

Ladeez & Genitalmen, Northwich Victoria's 'umble abode is none other than .......(drum roll)

Northwich Victoria Football Club

86 Witton Street
    Northwich, CW9 5AE
    01606 44127

Such an own goal, all points deducted.
    PMSL

Witton Albion win hands down!

(Just imagine if Charlton played at The Valley, Millwall Street, London SE7 .....)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Not any more dudes, that was three years back when we were forced into the double whammy of sharing the swamp and having an HQ in the town as our own ground was a building site. The W****n Street address was for the taxman only.

We've relocated lock, stock and barrel to the Victoria Stadium now :)
  • Options
    huddersfieild used to play at Leeds Rd.
  • Options
    Gordon hill station in London? You're making up as you go on. Gordon hill sounds like the name of someone who used to play for palarse. Must be a deduction ref.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Gordon hill station in London? You're making up as you go on. Gordon hill sounds like the name of someone who used to play for palarse. Must be a deduction ref.

Gordon Hill played left wing for Millwall, and a couple of other small insignificant clubs ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Northwich Tricker[/cite]Not any more dudes, that was three years back when we were forced into the double whammy of sharing the swamp and having an HQ in the town as our own ground was a building site. The W****n Street address was for the taxman only.

We've relocated lock, stock and barrel to the Victoria Stadium now :)

Surely you don't expect us to buy that old story, young Tricker ......?

If you google Northwich Victoria, the very top link is:
    Linky: Northwich Victoria play at Witton Street

He hee

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Gordon hill station in London? You're making up as you go on. Gordon hill sounds like the name of someone who used to play for palarse. Must be a deduction ref.

Gordon Hill played left wing for Millwall, and a couple of other small insignificant clubs ;o)

Beat me to it Oggy. Ex - Millwall so point deducted.
  • Options
    LCVLCV
    edited October 2009
    We nurtured Billy Meredith AKA the Welsh Wizard, of City and ManU fame...who in 1921 returned to City where he continued to play with his customary toothpick in his mouth until the age of 47. OK so that last bit's from Wikipedia...he was a superstar you know. Modern football would never have happened but for him. FACT.

Probably.

We'll have that point back thanks.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Re; Address of Grounds: according to my Rothmans non-league year book 1982-83, Witton's address is: The Central Ground, Albion Way, Northwich (behind the Plaza bingo hall. Wouldn't that even things up? There doesn't seem to be an actual place called Witton. (Just as there is no Port Vale). Also, in the same publication, Northwich give their record crowd as 28,635 (F.A Cup 4th.round 1977) v. Oldham Athletic. The game was played at Maine Road though!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    W****n is a sub-area thing of Northwich. A relic of ancient times. Akin to 'the rec' or 'bottom-end'. Something to do with W****n Church. It's a bit like calling a football team 'All Angels' United or something. It's like an arm-pit. Named after something, but insignificant and smelly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Northwich Tricker[/cite]W****n is a sub-area thing of Northwich. A relic of ancient times. Akin to 'the rec' or 'bottom-end'. Something to do with W****n Church. It's a bit like calling a football team 'All Angels' United or something. It's like an arm-pit. Named after something, but insignificant and smelly.

You don't like Witton, then .... ?
  • Options
    A point for every Northwich Victoria player Jonathon Acworth* has recommended as a potential Charlton signing........get scouring your old VOTV's

* CAFC in joke
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I take it you Vics peeps call yourselves"Trickers".....?

Northwich Vickers = Trickers, yep could pass for Cockney rhyming slang ;o)

Oi Tricker ....... you never did get back to us about this one?

PS: Wasn't Tricker (sp !) on Only Fools & Horses ......? the work of Charlton supporter John Sullivan.

;o)
  • Options
    We are Trickers or Trickies indeed. It's the rhyme with Vics that does the job - Vics/Tricks.

So 'onerary cockerneez we are indeed!

I think the thick dude from OFAH was Trigger, but again, say it bladdered and it's close enough to my ears as 'Tricker' :)

Points, points, points perlease!
  • Options
    Gordon Hill's in North London - near Enfield - so I'm not sure that's really worth a point, seeing as it's Spud country.

Knowing this lot, I'd suggest you might be able to get some points back by recommending good beer to drink at the ground (and why it's better than what Witton serve), decent pubs to carry on drinking at afterwards, and maybe somewhere to go for a late Sunday lunch or a curry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    Knowing this lot, I'd suggest you might be able to get some points back by recommending good beer to drink at the ground (and why it's better than what Witton serve), decent pubs to carry on drinking at afterwards, and maybe somewhere to go for a late Sunday lunch or a curry.

Good point, Ali.

Oi Tricker ..... what decent real ales do you serve?

Or do Witless Albion offer better beer?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]

Good point, Ali.

Oi Tricker ..... what decent real ales do you serve?

Or do Witless Albion offer better beer?

Since our ground is also called "The Marstons Arena" surely we should win on the ales front?
  • Options
    Hey, we've got 5 Trickers on line at the moment.

Good banter lads, keep coming!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nvfcmarkust[/cite]

Since our ground is also called "The Marstons Arena" surely we should win on the ales front?

I take it your sponsored by Marston's then?
    So range of Marstons ales?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nvfcmarkust[/cite]Since our ground is also called "The Marstons Arena" surely we should win on the ales front?
    Need to work on the sales pitch mate. Even a non beer drinker like me has heard of Pedigree, but I didn't recognise the brewery name straight off. Which beers do you sell in the ground?
  • Options
    How about Geoff Horsfield scoring for Birmingham v your lot a few years ago - he was a W*tt*n player in his early career.
    Scraping the google barrel looking for points now ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dorsetgreen[/cite]How about Geoff Horsfield scoring for Birmingham v your lot a few years ago - he was a W*tt*n player in his early career.
    His dad used to play for us though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dorsetgreen[/cite]How about Geoff Horsfield scoring for Birmingham v your lot a few years ago - he was a W*tt*n player in his early career.

he's a right kn*b so you can get a point from me!
  • Options
    By the way, what clowns run the Charlton Mad website? They reckon we are "a Chester-based team". ????? Wouldn't want to be based anywhere near Chester in footballing terms, given what's going on there at the moment.
  • Options
    never heard of it mate, i'd stick to this one if i were you!
  • Options
    Am I allowed to be briefly sensible at this point ? And then I will pi** off -
    Northwich has a poulation of roughly 35000 and supports (a tad optomistic judging by both our 'crowds') two football teams. Originally for the first 120 years, both teams played in Northwich town (1/2 mile apart) - due to all sorts of reasons (money problems/supermarkets wanting the land/housing companies wanting the land/council not interested in supporting their 'assets' etc..), both teams moved out of the town centre. They are now situated 1 mile north of the town, still 1/2 mile apart.
    As has already been mentioned, why don't we merge ? It's a bit like City/Scum, Liverpool/Everton - timing has been the biggest problem - change of owners/one team on the up, the other being relegated etc..
    Yes even in a small town like Northwich, we have our 'loyalties', you are green/white or red/white.
    As I write this (in the spare bedroom), above my head is a team photo of my great grandfather who was the physio/trainer for Northwich in 1912/13 season - history/family/cirmumstances make you support who you support.
    I hope both our teams survive, and cup runs such as this go a long way to helping both survive.
    So heres hoping we stuff the southern softies a week on Sunday!!!
  • Options
    Genesis, given our history, the "why don't they merge?" stuff is very much tongue in cheek.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Genesis, given our history, the "why don't they merge?" stuff is very much tongue in cheek.

as aliwibble says the merger comment was very much tongue in cheek. We've been there and sharing a ground with the Stripey bastards was bad enough without merging with them. I'd never wish a merger on anyone, unless Brighton wanted to swallow up Palace of course, because football is all about identity whether it be history, ground, name, badge etc. And rivalry is good.

On another point, you call yourselves 'Trickers'. Is that your official nickname. Only it's because I thought you might be called The Vicars.
  • Options
    Genesis,

P*ss off

:-)