Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Funny Crowd Comments

Comments

• Options
    Leeds away this year, they started singing 'Luciano Becchio'...once it died down, my mate slightly worse for wear, stands up on his own and sings 'I've got more money than you'. A few Leeds fans away to our right started to give him a bit of stick, including a young bloke with bright ginger hair.

He was soon shut up when my mate shouts ''Weasley...Sitttdaaarn''
  • Options
    A well known East Stand pain in the arse once redeemed himself briefly in a match v West Ham with a well timed "Kanoute....where were you at Dunkirk boy??!!!" (Everybody was called "boy".....normally as in "referee boy....you're having a nightmare boy!")
  • Options
    Some reason I always remember someone shouting 'Buuuuuy a striker Cuuuuuuurbishleyyyyyyyyyy". Was probably around the time Pringle, Svensson and Lisbie were playing.
  • Options
    Most of mine come from following Welling around a bit a few years ago.

Hi-light has to be the poo, bum, wee song (Riscardo will back me up on this). Welling used to sing it over and over to the tune of back home. Nearly had a heart attack laughing at Crawley when we stood and watched a 80 year old bloke bloke singing it over and over again.

Press-up goal celebrations at Welling were always good. Number 11 scores, the terrace all drop and do 11 press-ups.

At our games to the ref Uriah Rennie "you're supposed to cure indigestion you w*nker"

Away at Fulham (the infamous Curbs lecture game) Greg Shields got a load of stick "give me back my boiled sweets you usless c*nt" was one of the more bizzare.

Also once heard my father-in-law shout a load of abuse at Sean Newton, for some reason he chose to call in Martin Lasenby!!!!!
  • Options
    and one other......

Away at Dagenham in the cup replay.

Daggers fans chanting "Charlton, Charlton give us a song".

Riscardo gets 20-30 of us to sing the first verse and and chorus of "I believe children are the future"......
  • Options
    Bloke said next to me had a right go at Konch a few years ago when I was sitting in the East, Konch turned round and simply said 'Your mum'.

I was rolling about but the bloke next to me was stunned into silence.
  • Options
    sounds like welling games are the place to be!
  • Options
    FTPFTP
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]My all time favourite, a bit crude, but someone once shouted out because of a players first touch "you've got the touch of a rapist", OTT but very funny at the time.
    My mate Steve no doubt at all
  • Options
    FTPFTP
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Eirik Bakke[/cite]Two from sellout park in the 80's;

Also does anyone remember that Fat bloke that came to sellout with Coventry?
    Think Charlton won 3-0?!
    But everyone in the Charlton ends singing to fatty!

'Fatty's got a burger!'
    'Fatty's getting Fatter!'
    'Fatty whats the score? fatty fatty what's the score?'

And as he left as the third goal went in - 'fattys going home now, fattys going home now!'

I remember that, we also dug him out for wearing dungarees as well I think?

and the following season the same bloke was ther but slimmer

"fatties on a diet, fatties on a diet"
  • Options
    About 4 games into Euells career with us and he was having a mare.
    He had just dribbled the ball straight off for a goal kick in front of us in the South Stand
    when my mate stood up and shouted - 'EUELL !!!! You aint good enough to wear white boots'
    Believe next game he wore 'normal' boots and scored a cracker to open his account with us (Derby away ?).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2009
    shot goes over.

woman behind us "TOO HIGH"

it's true.
  • Options
    One comment that made me chuckle and I've always remembered is few years back in the old covered end and I'm standing next to "fat robbie fowler" who is quiet for most of the half while we are losing until he has a sudden massive EXPLOSIVE rant at an oppo player who has collapsed dramatically like an mfi cupboard after a seemingly tame tackle. I think fat rob's advice to the stricken player was along the lines that he grow an "effing pussy" but after this vast outburst that probably was audible in Wales, he went back to standing there in silence.
    After a moment or two the bloke in front of him turned round to him and said "You all right mate, you seem a bit quiet today?"
    "I'm ok" he replied " just feeling a bit mellow today, that's all."
  • Options
    One time on the East Terrace back in the 70s - terrible game, Andy Nelson era. The boys in front of me decided that Charlton were doing a good impression of Dad's Army. Keith Peacock was Captian Mainwaring, of course. They couldn't agree who Pike was - they were spoilt for choice that day...
  • Options
    Best chant that I have heard was by supporters of the team in Scotland whose name no-ne shall mention.

Andy Goram playing his first game after being released from hospital for treatment of schizophrenia.

"There's only two Andy Goram's"
  • Options
    There's a guy that sits behind me in the upper north who me and my pals have nick-named 'Random Man'. He just comes out with nonsensical comments all the time. My fave:

Random man: "You know Chris Iwelumo has got his own range of clothes"

Random Mans Mate: "Oh yeah?"

Random Man: "Yeah. It's called Fruit of the Iwelumo".

Hahaha!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]"fat robbie fowler"

Haha! I remember him and the chant he got every game.

"Your just a fat Robbie Fowler, fat Robbie Foooowler"
  • Options
    A few seasons back when we were playing Bolton, not long after Diouf had been done for spitting at a player, I took advantage of the unusual (!) slience in the lower north to aim a nice loud verbal tirade at him. I can't remember the exact phrase but the words dirty, spitting and scum came out in some order.

Cue a look from Diouf that could've melted steel!
  • Options
    There used to be a guy who sat in front of us in the lower north called Daryl. One time the ball went out of play in front of the wheelchairs and this guy shot up out of one and went to grab the ball, to which Daryl shouted...

"IT'S A MIRACLE!!"

Even now, long after Daryl moved on we bring it up to roars of laughter
  • Options
    At Selhurst v West Ham, think it was last game of the season I enquired after Trevor Morley's wifes health

"How's you wife Morley?" It was his first game back after his wife caught him upto mischief in the bedroom and stabbed him. It was during a quiet moment and he was taking a throw in down in front of me in the "Main" Stand.

He turned around and had a look but alas did not spot me.
  • Options
    Ah the old Welling games. There was the Haime Bigfoot Henderson song, that was always one of my favs.

Playing Portsmouth a few years ago, a lul in play, quiet ... then a loud shout "MY BAG, SOMEONES STOLEN MY BAG!" ... now it was aimed at David ?????? canyt remember his name the old Arsenal player that had been caught nicking bags at the airport. He even had a smile on his face.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably the umpteenth time it had bee sung but I did particularly enjoy "where's your brother gone" aimed at Joey Barton a few season back
  • Options
    FTPFTP
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Ah the old Welling games. There was the Haime Bigfoot Henderson song, that was always one of my favs.

Playing Portsmouth a few years ago, a lul in play, quiet ... then a loud shout "MY BAG, SOMEONES STOLEN MY BAG!" ... now it was aimed at David ?????? canyt remember his name the old Arsenal player that had been caught nicking bags at the airport. He even had a smile on his face.
    David Hillier. Didn't Welling also sing Hydro Electric Power Station?
  • Options
    Hillier thats it.

Yes the Hydro Electric Power Station ... Jesus,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]There used to be a guy who sat in front of us in the lower north called Daryl. One time the ball went out of play in front of the wheelchairs and this guy shot up out of one and went to grab the ball, to which Daryl shouted...

"IT'S A MIRACLE!!"

Even now, long after Daryl moved on we bring it up to roars of laughter
    wasn't me just to be clear different darrel lol
  • Options
    at home to Liverpool last game of the season. Brother and i were sitting in the home section of the Jimmy seed. Fowler does an over-head kick. as soon as the ball leaves his boot my brother jumps up arms in the air and shouts "aaaaahhhhhh".

"sit the f*ck down" i say, as the ball nestles in the back of our net.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Remember probably over ten years ago took my younger brother to the valley when we played reading.

Cant remember the score but we were leading and it was in the dying minutes when the ref blew up for full time.

Cue me leap out of my seat, fist clenched as I punched the air and said "3 points, f**king get in there!"

"Sit down you tosser" was my brother's response. As he looked up at me from his seet with contempt I then realise the ref had in fact blown for a reading free kick.

Another time was after the play off final against sunderland and we got on the tube at Wembley to head back into town. There were a load of us jubilent addicks and an equal number of glum rokerites and suddenly a copper forced himself into our carriage. He dropped something and bent down to pick it up just as the doors were closing and his helmut (not that one) got stuck in the doors.

So there he was for about 5 seconds arse in the air while a few scamps placed a few pretty accurate kicks to his backside....cheered the sunderland lot up no end and even the copper saw the funny side.

Perfect end to a great day.
  • Options
    In the east a few years ago. Kish the legend gave the ball away needlessly and the guy beind just shouted:
    "Kish, basically you are a fucking idiot"
    Playing Newcastle, Bellamy running with the ball being chased by Young, guy shouts "tread on is hair"
  • Options
    Anyone ever see/hear the Crazy black lady? Think she sat in the West stand. Remember when we played Arsenal over xmas and she told Thierry Henry she was gonna burn his house down!
  • Options
    Remember a match at Coventry in the 80s. Highfield road had a bog of a pitch in those days and they used to use loads of sand to help it drain during the winter months.

During the match a player went down with an injury, the ref called on the trainer. After about a minute of treatment a cry came from behind me....

"Hurry up Ref, the tide's coming in"

Classic.
  • Options
    And away at Southend....

Paul Samsone was in goal for Southend and was directly in front of the Charton terrace. Sammy slices a goal kick out for a throw to Charlton. After the laughter had died down a well known Charlton Lifer yelled out clearly: "That's not bad for a player of such limited ability"

Samsone was heard to mutter "well, thaks VERY much" or something similar :)