Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle vs. Charlton (31/10/2009) - Poll, Teams, Formations, Style, Worries...

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Batesy101[/cite]
    Ikeme
    Omusuzi--Sodje--Daily--Youga
    Sam---Racon--Semedo--Bailey
    Jonjo
    Mooney

agree, that would be my pick too.

Works for me as well, but believe Jonjo will be sub and play 2nd half.
  • Options
    I'm not 'starting to get worried' but i do think we are approaching an important crossroads.

Although fixtures have been tougher in the past month, i do feel we have lost our way a little, and now we are starting to get injuries to bite as well.

Our outperforming player over the last month has been our left back. We need to have a month now where a couple of attacking players start outperforming.

This, on paper, is a game we should win. They have only won 3 at home this season, and two of those were against Tranmere and Southend when they were having problems.

If we don't win, i think those who start to question whether we have enough about us to be an automatic spot chaser may start to have a point.
  • Options
    More than 70% of us (who voted) seem to think we can do it ... let's hope our optimism is not misplaced, otherwise I will also start to be concerned about auto-promotion.

However, at present, I still believe it is within our reach.
  • Options
    I think in terms of depth of squad (in terms of quality) I think only Leeds, Southampton and maybe Norwich at the moment can better us. All teams are going to get injuries and all teams in this league are going to be stretched at some point in the season.

Its how you cope with those times in how your season is going to be defined.
  • Options
    Agree with you AFKA, the more worring thing is lack of chances we are creating. I cant think of a Royce save from our 2 up front saturday, unless you count the catch that Burton gave him. We certainly need a striker to start scoring a few!!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'm not 'starting to get worried' but i do think we are approaching an important crossroads.

Although fixtures have been tougher in the past month, i do feel we have lost our way a little, and now we are starting to get injuries to bite as well.

Our outperforming player over the last month has been our left back. We need to have a month now where a couple of attacking players start outperforming.

This, on paper, is a game we should win. They have only won 3 at home this season, and two of those were against Tranmere and Southend when they were having problems.

If we don't win, i think those who start to question whether we have enough about us to be an automatic spot chaser may start to have a point.

think that analysis is spot on

fingers crossed and have a good one the loyal fans who are making the trip
  • Options
    Good news just breaking on the BBC website suggests that we are going to find Carlisle in internal turmoil when we arrive tomorrow. Let's hope it affects them on the pitch, too!

------------------------------------------------------------

Local-based businessman David Allen has left his posts as owner and as chief executive with Carlisle United.

Allen has handed over his shares to three other members of the board, citing an "irretrievable breakdown in the relationship" for leaving.

The solicitor was part of a four-man consortium that took full control of the club from former chairman Fred Story in July 2008.

Andrew Jenkins, Steven Pattison and John Nixon all remain at the club.

Allen described the board as "lacking in proper working structure", and was "frustrated by a lack of vision, direction and drive" within the group.

He said: "This board is letting down the club and is letting down the fans. I want to be part of something better than that.

"I can't see how the club can move forward until we have a complete change at the top.

"New ownership needs to come in with power, vision and direction."

A statement on the Carlisle United website read: "David Allen has decided to leave to concentrate on his business interests.

"Carlisle have accepted his resignation, with immediate effect, both as owner and director."
  • Options
    This is not going to be a 'walk in the park' but if we do have real ambitions of gaining automatic promotion this year, or indeed the play-offs then these are the games we must win. I agree with those that say we need Shelvey back and what about playing Mooney from the off? Concern over having potentially 2 'loan' signings in the team but with such a small squad it was going to happen sooner or later, better it happens now I suppose as we have a break from league footie after this game for a week. The question has to be do we go back to 4-5-1 or as at Gillingham go 4-4-2. In my opinion we may need more protection at the back (due to loan players and not knowing their strengths or weaknesses) and that way we can fit Shelvey back in behind the loan stiker, Mooney??
    Taking all this and the comments of others into account I'm going for a 1-0 win and 3 valuable points.
    Hope all those who are going enjoy the day out and can celebrate on the way home!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
  • Options
    This is an example of a Carlisle view ahead of the game......

alot different game to last week, last week pressure was 100% on us, this game no pressure at all.

Most would expect us to lose this, so not much to lose, failure to win won't cost abbott job here so can just have a go and hope.

Have a feeling we may well steal a draw here, we do play better vs the sides up at the top, plus Charlton seem to be struggling abit at the moment i think they have won just once in last 5-6 games which is poor considering they won so many at the start fo season.

hard game mind, we just have to defend better than we have recently and not give away silly mistakes for goals, if we can then va-va-voom vinny of course maybe can do the business to fire us ahead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 0 to us.

Ikeme
    Omusuzi Sodje Dailly Youga
    Sam Semedo Racon Bailey
    Jonjo
    Burton

Randolph Basey Liera Spring Wagstaff Mcleod Mooney
  • Options
    It's up to us to go for the win. Depends how badly we want it though.

Because there are so many changes (perhaps 3 or so), Parky will probably ask for a tight cautious first 15 minutes, giving nothing away. Once everybody has settled down, then we should be expected to shift up a gear and take the game more to Carlisle.

But ...... they would have had us watched, know we prefer to pass it around, so expect them to quickly close us down denying space and time on the ball. Then we tend to try long balls into the channels and lose our shape a bit.

Maybe even soften the pitch up a lot, so more difficult for us to play our game on the floor.

Bit concerned about Neon Deon. His name has not been up in lights lately, no doubt slowed down by the effects of his hernia tear ...... personally, I'd whip him out now, get his op done while we've got a cup match and Mooney available, and get him fit and returned well before Christmas.

Happy to keep McLeod in the team, but picking up on Parky's recent hints I reckon Jonjo's back tomorrow to enable the team to revert to their passing game. Bit tough on Izzy, he'll revert to impact sub for the last 20 mins, perhaps.

As I said, it's up to us to go for the win. Depends how badly we want it though.
  • Options
    ''Depends how badly we want it though.''

Well I hope we want it like hell! We haven't won away since August and I hope they all realise that going the whole of Sept and Oct without an away win is not automatic promotion form, however many pts we continue to pick up at home.

Good luck to the 2/3 loanees who are likely to play some part. I hope they ''want it'' as badly as the permanent members of the squad...
  • Options
    Any News on commentary anywhere this afternoon yet ?
    I know its the wrong thread, but..............
  • Options
    Avg points prediction for Carlisle = 2.30 (from 66 votes)

(compared to 2.16 for Gills and just 1.8 for Us)
  • Options
    Long Journey up on a budget coach.
    New keeper
    So far to fall down the table
    Our away record
    New contract for Parky (why only a year?)
    Boggy pitch

1-3 to Carlisle, obviously
  • Options
    Big Charlton win.
  • Options
    Do I win a prize?
    We are starting to see why Mr Parkinson is in fact a very naughty boy.