Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did anyone make it onto the 2010 London Marathon?

I know there are a few runners on here, I missed the ballot this time round, I was offered a golden bond place but turned it down. I'm running Rotterdam instead. Anyone else have more luck?

Comments

• Options
    Nope, was turned down in the ballot. So was my fellow runner, Mr Running Backwards in the RTTB of just over a year ago...

Got my eye on a very long cycle ride instead now...
  • Options
    I'm going to do Boston once more next year, but the year following, I'd love to come and do London. Just a straight lottery, save getting in with a charity place? (Insert your own "Run Fatboy Run" joke here...)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Good luck to those who do make the cut. My marathon days are over, but I retain the utmost respect for those who do compete and who finish in respectable times ... and more importantly, for the self-discipline (ooer!) that the training requires.
  • Options
    I got in this year. was surprised, but looking forward to it. Kind of keeps up my run of first.

I did the first ADT sponsored marathon (was in the kids mini-marathon). Run the first Flora sponsored event, and now have got into the first Virgin sponsored one.

loads of training though, but I am looking forward to it already.
  • Options
    I expect Paula Radcliffe got in but she find yet another excuse when she fails......
  • Options
    I have my name in a ballot for the London Marathon (dont Laugh)
    I dont expect to get in, and I dont know why I have entered! but if I do get a place I will do it.
    I have just recieved an early Christmas present of 600 quids worth of running machine, Mrs TCE has decided I'm too fat :(
    I also expect to accompany 3blokes and BDL around the RTTB half marathon again next year>
  • Options
    I managed to get in! This will be my fourth London Marathon.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nope i will stick to run to the beat aiming next year for a better time than 1 HOUR 53 next year for the half marathon
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Nope i will stick to run to the beat aiming next year for a better time than 1 HOUR 53 next year for the half marathon

I really want to beat 2 hours 15, I think I have in me but age aint on my side :(
    The slightest niggling injury takes me ages to get over, and one missed run sets me back where I started.
    You running for Demelza House Tavern?
    I know for sure Dave Storry was tempted amongst others, it would good to get a good turn out again from CL.
    I'll have to try a bit harder to get some more sponsorship.
  • Options
    Didn't get in this year, will console myself with the best half around (Hastings) and keep fingers crossed for next year. To those of you running London, good luck,stay injury free and enjoy those Sunday morning 20 milers in mid February! As for the first timers, you'll have the time of your life. FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I managed 2hrs 10 for Run to the Beat, so i'm hoping for 4 hrs 30 in April. But, I'm up for doing the beat again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simon E[/cite]I managed 2hrs 10 for Run to the Beat, so i'm hoping for 4 hrs 30 in April. But, I'm up for doing the beat again.

2hrs 10 !! Simon............. nobody likes a show off....................the rules state....you can only join in if you are slower than me. ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'd forgotten I'd started this thread!

Congratulations to you lot who got on, Rotterdam in on the 11th of April so I will be a happy spectator of the VLM. I ran London back in 2006 and I'd like to do it again some day.
  • Options
    Happy training, not for me this year but looking forward to watching.
  • Options
    Had a terrific surprise on Friday when I discovered the School I work at has two places available for the VLM. So all of a sudden I have a place and I'll be running! Woo hoo!

Just need to decide on which charity to run for now.
  • Options
    what do u have to do to do a london marathon and where can you the correct training to complete one. always wanted to run one maybe for 2012
  • Options
    what do u have to do to do a london marathon and where can you the correct training to complete one. always wanted to run one maybe for 2012
    The short answer is to join a running club although this will be my third marathon and I've only recently joined Dulwich runners. Most running clubs have runners running as beginners training for their first marathon. The best advice I ever had was simply, "put the miles in", it's all about building up the mileage over about a 4 month period.
  • Options
    ok cheers, i was a real good runner when i boxed and ran miles,put weight on and find it harder,but im going to run every eve next week,get the basic fitness and then maybe join lewisham.what are your times,i would like to do four hours when i run
  • Options
    nolly. the london marathon website will be where to enter for the next race. There is a ballot with (it is beleived) about a 20% chance of getting in the race unless you want to commit to raising £1k or more for a charity place.

as for training. If you are relatively fit you can get up to marathon distance with a 16 week programme. if you have done nothing much than look at 20 weeks plus to work up to the distance.
  • Options
    I did my first in 3:58:42 (you never forget your marathon times). The last time I ran London I finished 3:38:56, I was actually a bit disappointed with that so I'm going for around 3:20 this time.

I'm going to be putting together a blog for the kids at my school to track my training and so forth, I'll send you a link once I get it up and running.

kigelia, will you be running it for charity?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    please do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]I did my first in 3:58:42 (you never forget your marathon times). The last time I ran London I finished 3:38:56, I was actually a bit disappointed with that so I'm going for around 3:20 this time.

I'm going to be putting together a blog for the kids at my school to track my training and so forth, I'll send you a link once I get it up and running.

kigelia, will you be running it for charity?

i will be i think - a local one.
  • Options
    Nolly, your welcome to join a few of us running the half marathon next year. As a veteran of 2 rttb half marathons (Lol) its great fun. ;) I will be entering just into the New year would me send you the link.
  • Options
    when you running it tce,thats might be wiser 13 miles.
  • Options
    also is running round parks harder? seems to be than road running
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]when you running it tce,thats might be wiser 13 miles.[/quote]

I believe its October next year I'll check.
  • Options
    nice one.
  • Options
    Here you go, end of September.

http://www.runtothebeat.co.uk/event
  • Options
    I managed to get in... although having been turned down the 5 previous years was gauranteed this year. Did Edinburgh last year in 4:28:22 so hoping to do around 4 hrs
  • Options
    Getting into the business end of my training right now going to hit 35 miles this week. How's everyone else getting on?