Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I am going slightly mad.....

Comments

• Options
    Thats what annoyed us all the most. Our train actually stopped at Lewisham but didnt open the doors. Up until then we still had no idea what was happening so were given no choice at all. It was after Blackheath before a muffled message said we were being diverted to Cannon St! Bing, not long to wait until Hubby retires & we can travel the world & decide where to settle. I certainly wont be commuting then!
  • Options
    My train tonight left St Pancras at 16.37, arrived in Ebbsfleet at 16.55. Can't complain really...

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]My train tonight left St Pancras at 16.37, arrived in Ebbsfleet at 16.55. Can't complain really...

;-)

Shame you was going to Streatham really then................
    ;-)
  • Options
    See that the first £1,000 train ticket has arrived? Devon to the Kyle of Lochalsh, first class return, with the last bit (Inverness to Kyle) on a boneshaker with no first class. Another £100 if you want a sleeper!
  • Options
    So how much is a monthly ticket on the Javelin? I'd still have to get the Fasttrack to the blooming thing so the journey time wouldnt be much better. Plus i dont work anywhere near St Pancras. Talking myself out of it already :-(
  • Options
    I thought about getting the javelin. But as i work no where near st pancras and start my journey no where near kent i decided against it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]My train tonight left St Pancras at 16.37, arrived in Ebbsfleet at 16.55. Can't complain really...

;-)
    But do you work in Kings Cross and live in Gravesend?

You can get an around the world plane ticket for less than a £1,000. What a piss take.
  • Options
    You can get an arsenal season ticket for under 1k, Just
  • Options

;-)

surely you could complain about the cost?
  • Options
    Curb it- manage to put your clothes on the right way round today?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes thank you love child.
  • Options
    KBLS - Brace yourself

From Ebbsfleet -

Season - £3,292.00

Travelcard - £3,812.00

It is only worth it if you work in the Kings Cross/St.Pancras area really otherwise it's a real fight at Kings Cross for the underground each morning.
  • Options
    I'm not gona moan about the rattler anymore then 8-)
  • Options
    It is alot of dosh but depends how u look at it. If it saved you 1 hour every day in traveling and your paid £20 per hour it pays for itself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]KBLS - Brace yourself

From Ebbsfleet -

Season - £3,292.00

Travelcard - £3,812.00

It is only worth it if you work in the Kings Cross/St.Pancras area really otherwise it's a real fight at Kings Cross for the underground each morning.

I dont get it often, which is why it works for me... just an extra £3.20 (if I remember rightly) per single journey. Finishing work at 4 and getting this, driving from Ebbsfleet, means I'm in the front door at 5.15. Getting the train from Cannon St, sees me home just after 6...

Yes I could moan about the cost but no one's forcing me to use it.

Oh and FoD, I dont work in Cannon St either... and I'd imagine that 99% of the users of that station also dont...
  • Options
    I save about an hour and a half every day. More time with the kids, which is priceless.
  • Options
    anyone know the status of the new overground line from new cross?

Will it stop at and anyone got any idea how long it takes to go from new cross to camden road? I've had a look on tfl but doesnt seem to give much info
  • Options
    Due in about a year or so I believe
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]anyone know the status of the new overground line from new cross?

Will it stop at and anyone got any idea how long it takes to go from new cross to camden road? I've had a look on tfl but doesnt seem to give much info

Looks like I will be working on the new east London line in the new year, woo

Follow the LINKY
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    Oh and FoD, I dont work in Cannon St either... and I'd imagine that 99% of the users of that station also dont...
    Right you're struggling here, Kings Cross is the name of surround area of the station, the area surrounding Cannon Street Station is called the city, and I would have a guess that most people who use Cannon Street would work in the city.

Do you work in Kings Cross?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    Right you're struggling here, Kings Cross is the name of surround area of the station, the area surrounding Cannon Street Station is called the city, and I would have a guess that most people who use Cannon Street would work in the city.

I dont
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]

No and I don't work in the City either...
  • Options
    Our train yesterday was diverted to victoria instead of charing cross, was only about 10 minutes late, but then meant a brisk walk to tottenham court road, which is not as easy as it used to be due to the huge amount of roads being dug up in london at the moment.
  • Options
    All in all, getting to & from our fair city is a ball ache :-(
  • Options
    Saw the title of this thread and thought, no point in commenting as it's sort of stating the bleedin obvious!!!!! :-)
  • Options
    Easy tiger. Care in the community's a great thing. Sis is doing well.
  • Options
    Amazing really when you look at what dragged me up ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Saw the title of this thread and thought, no point in commenting as it's sort of stating the bleedin obvious!!!!! :-)
    Does it run in the family?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Amazing really when you look at what dragged me up ;-)[/quote]

I groomed you in all things Charlton, how could I possibly go wrong??
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Saw the title of this thread and thought, no point in commenting as it's sort of stating the bleedin obvious!!!!! :-)[/quote]
    Does it run in the family?[/quote]

Yep and damn happy about it ta. :-)