Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next to "do a Charlton"..?

The bottom seven in the Premiership are currently Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton, Hull, Portsmouth, West Ham and Wolves.

Which of these seven would be most likely to see the financial wheels fall off and to sink through the Championship and into the third level (or worse)?

Comments

• Options
    Hull or Portsmouth
  • Options
    Hull - back where they bvelong
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Liverpool! ;)
  • Options
    I think Hull are more likely to do a Bradford. Jimmy Bullard is the new Benito Carbone
  • Options
    Reading are in motion already
  • Options
    I just think West Hammight be facing serious problems if they go down. They're already in a huge financial mess and the cases they lost against Sheff Utd and Curbs must be crippling.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I just think West Hammight be facing serious problems if they go down. They're already in a huge financial mess and the cases they lost against Sheff Utd and Curbs must be crippling.

True but they are teflon as they have friends in high places.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I just think West Hammight be facing serious problems if they go down. They're already in a huge financial mess and the cases they lost against Sheff Utd and Curbs must be crippling.

Care to expand? Because it seems they also have some enemies in high places!
  • Options
    west ham
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Care to expand? Because it seems they also have some enemies in high places!

It just seems to me that they have been found guilty of plenty over the last few years yet other Clubs receive more severe punishments. Bury got chucked out of the cup for playing an illegible player. West Ham did the same with Manny Onymyni (?spelling) and the authorities just said naughty boys don't do it again! Or words to that effect. There may also have been a token fine but nothing too onerous if so.

I thought I read that the Sheffield United payout had been reduced as well.
  • Options
    I think it'll be Portsmouth. No money, no confidence and possibly about to go on to their third set of owners in a year.
  • Options
    didn't Fulham Birmingham and some other club do a big dive like we have - and survive?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]didn't Fulham Birmingham and some other club do a big dive like we have - and survive?
    Man City?

(I think they are the only team to have gone down from the top league to the third tier and returned)
  • Options
    thought the other two did as well?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2009
    I meant since the Prem League/Ship was established.
  • Options
    Wham have done an us already - went down, had to flog off all their big stars - but they were big enough to bounce back from it. I guess they had the right management in place.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Wham have done an us already - went down, had to flog off all their big stars - but they were big enough to bounce back from it. I guess they had the right management in place.

Do you mean Alan Pardew?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Wham have done an us already - went down, had to flog off all their big stars - but they were big enough to bounce back from it. I guess they had the right management in place.

Very dry :-)
  • Options
    Hull if they go down will struggle to come back! Derby are another side massively on the slide, they face a relegation battle this season so maybe they will be in League 1 next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Portsmouth have started to put some results together and might yet get themselves out of it. In fact, they are guaranteed to do that since I backed them pre-season to be relegated.
  • Options
    hull and west ham.... not a bad thing :-)
  • Options
    Maybe Burnley. even if they are relegated Coyle will still be sought after and if he leaves, they won't bounce back and could go back to where they were 3 or 4 years ago- a lower mid table championship side!
  • Options
    We are doing a Leicester again (hope)
  • Options
    Got to be Hull. Heard on the radio that they have the 7th highest wage bill in the Premiership!! Not sure how they managed to get themselves in that position given the players they have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Liverpool! ;)

Yes yes yes a thounsdand times yes please :-) realistically though Hull back were they deserve to be.
  • Options
    For the love of God and football let it be Hull.
    Ever since they kicked lumps out of us (Ashby mainly I think it was) I hate them and want to see them smashed into the ground!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]For the love of God and football let it be Hull.
    Ever since they kicked lumps out of us (Ashby mainly I think it was) I hate them and want to see them smashed into the ground!

that would be nice to see wouldnt it.
  • Options
    has anyone who spent 5 seasons on the spin or more in the prem managed to get to division 3 as quickly as us??
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]has anyone who spent 5 seasons on the spin or more in the prem managed to get to division 3 as quickly as us??

Intersesting mate maybe start a new topic and we can all research maybe we could do some work after those of us who are at work :-)