Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ho ho ho xmas do's and Lifers

xmas do at work sorted Radisson Hotel 80's night then crash at Travelodge Kings Cross...............all other sorted and will there be a Lifer xmas meet to pull some crackers and toast the xmas period........

Comments

• Options
    We have a few, the main one will be in Battersea and I'll also be going for a curry around Waterloo.

We don't cross the river!
  • Options
    it was suggested we have our do in a restaurant somewhere in town. Managed to persuade everyone that the Market Porter would be a great venue for it.

Result!
  • Options
    Beer & Curry in Crayford for me as I work locally. Got an all dayer Elvis event near Liverpool Street on Sunday 20th Dec, which I will treat as ym proper xmas party. day off booked on the Monday, so Travelodge overnight (bargain £29) near g/f's office on Moorgate, as she has to go to work (shame)
  • Options
    we've hired all star lanes in bricklane for employees and partners
    currently discussing logistics with the cheerleaders, the shot girls, hula hooper and photographer that we've hired for the night....
    went for a tasting last week - was hard work trying all the wines and cocktails!!!!
  • Options
    suzi good place just up road from me and some good bars round there...and clubs just across the road...and 24 hour bagel at end...........quality night
  • Options
    Royal Artillery Company's grounds on Dec 2nd.
    You going Shag ?
  • Options
    Really !? Ha , first I've heard of it mate .... We don't get invited anymore
  • Options
    a free bar in a pub on a Monday night....they are wild and wacky here !!!!
  • Options
    latest whisper here is drinks and a dance in the Boardroom. Credit crunch and all that. With 2,500 due to go by 2012 out of a 10,000 workforce I can't say I'm surprised.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]a free bar in a pub on a Monday night....they are wild and wacky here !!!!

Got to be the worst night for a xmas party!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]latest whisper here is drinks and a dance in the Boardroom.

You must have a big boardroom mate !
  • Options
    Xmas Lunch at the International WC2
  • Options
    The management here in their wisdom have bookedthe Tattershall Castle for our Xmas meal and drinks one Friday afternoon in December which we have to pay £40 each for the priviledge of going...you either go or man the office for the afternoon! So let me see now...a moored boat in the Thames...in December. What a fabulous idea. Let's hope its not too cold in December eh? Given the draught Peroni is priced at £4.30 a pint, I cant see myself staying much longer after the forced meal.

(Having said all that, it could of been worse - a conference suite at Upton Park was under consideration for a while until about 30 of us in our department of 80 complained to the organiser to say that those of us with alliegences to other football clubs would point blank refuse to even set foot near that dump and would rather burn our money than give it to them in any shape or form!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]The management here in their wisdom have bookedthe Tattershall Castle for our Xmas meal and drinks one Friday afternoon in December which we have to pay £40 each for the priviledge of going...you either go or man the office for the afternoon! So let me see now...a moored boat in the Thames...in December. What a fabulous idea. Let's hope its not too cold in December eh? Given the draught Peroni is priced at £4.30 a pint, I cant see myself staying much longer after the forced meal.

If it was me, I'd stay in the office, switch off the phones, get a load of booze in and get smashed.
  • Options
    If ya need a taxi home let me know

wear your Charlton Life badge for 25% discount.

:-)))
  • Options
    Well baring in Mind I work for a Brewery I am hoping we have a decent P*ss up but strangely no details of our Christmas Party have been released as yet :-(
  • Options
    Work have just announced that our Christmas do will be in one of the function rooms at Stamford Bridge. The QPR fans in the office can't decide whether to boycott or go along and indulge in a bit of "redecoration", and the chances are it's going to be carnage, as there's going to be a bunch of staff from Hammersmith Council in one of the nearby rooms on the same night. To be honest, I can't be arsed to "dress to impress", so I think I'll save myself for our team pub lunch instead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Work have just announced that our Christmas do will be in one of the function rooms at Stamford Bridge. The QPR fans in the office can't decide whether to boycott or go along and indulge in a bit of "redecoration", and the chances are it's going to be carnage, as there's going to be a bunch of staff from Hammersmith Council in one of the nearby rooms on the same night. To be honest, I can't be arsed to "dress to impress", so I think I'll save myself for our team pub lunch instead.

I f*cking hate the phrase "dress to impress"

I'd love to have a really really big c*ck (instead of just really big!) and turn up at one these does with no trousers & pants. If anyone questioned me I'd just point and say "Don't tell me you're not impressed with that!"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Work have just announced that our Christmas do will be in one of the function rooms at Stamford Bridge.

Don't they have a Club called 'Purple's or something at Chelsea, pretty good if I remember rightly I have to say, went to a NYE Penge Party there, although it was a few years ago mind.
  • Options
    we got our xmas party at the emirates at one of there legends nights with the good looking Keown and Parlour present!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite] The QPR fans in the office

Nothing to do with this thread admittedly but i have never in my life, known a single QPR fan.

We even had a Brentford fan and an Orient fan back in the days at school.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]a free bar in a pub on a Monday night....they are wild and wacky here !!!!

just worked out who you are.

trust me it could have been worse - last year we had a quiz first.
  • Options
    dartfordgent,

Is this the travellodge on Kings Cross Road? i stayed there and it ain't very nice around that area :(
  • Options
    Got my works Xmas do at the Fountain in Clerkenwell. Anyone been?

Right old poncey website. Doesn't give you a feel for the place at all...

God I hate work do's... =(
  • Options
    Wine tasting at Vinopolis. Has no-one even thought of the consequences?

13thduke2.jpg
  • Options
    davy good as moved to the one near moorgate which is always full of ladies on thier work do's
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Wine tasting at Vinopolis. Has no-one even thought of the consequences?

13thduke2.jpg

We were gonna do that until I put a block on it. Sounds really boring to me.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm going on a three day bender:

Handel's Messiah at the Coliseum on Dec 8

KCCC Xmas lunch at the St Larwence ground , Canterbury Dec 9

Lords Taverners carol concert, Rusthall, Tunbridge Wells Dec 10...

They don't call me The Wild One for nothing, you know!
  • Options
    Our Shephered Neame Party is now at the Royal Hotel in Deal, all Paid for with Coach Transfers thrown in. Only problem is it's the evening before the Millwall Game...marvellous.