Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royals striker may stay at Valley

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4749227.Royals_striker_may_stay_at_Valley/

Comments

• Options
    Excellent news! Hope it's true.
  • Options
    Great to see what he could do in his first start and with a strike partner. Thought he worked hard, looked to get in behind, and caused the pretendy club all sorts of problems. Just one little gripe - based on appearances so far he does seem to go over a little easily
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Andy Johnson has made a career of doing that so not always a bad thing!
  • Options
    "Andy Johnson has made a career of doing that so not always a bad thing!"

He's also spent a long time being despised by fans across the country, and not just for having played for Palarse. Although I reckon his workrate and pace make him a half-decent forward, it's interesting how his career has gone backwards since being highlighted for repeated cheating, and how he's possibly been denied pens that might have been given to others.
  • Options

I know the west stand is fairly quiet but Mooney and Dailly have wheeled away celebrating the goal yet most of that stand in the background are still sitting down.
  • Options
    very very true paddy! i remember when he was being bigged up as michael owens replacement. very very overrated at the time! Everton done well to get 10m for him off fulham!
  • Options
    Remember that too, Pouso. And to think now he sometimes loses out to Bobby Zamora!
  • Options
    yeah and to think hes clocked up 20m on transfer fees!

back to mooney....maybe swap McLeod for him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]yeah and to think hes clocked up 20m on transfer fees!

back to mooney....maybe swap McLeod for him?

I would, really hope this is true.
  • Options
    personally , i think Mooney is useless, he cant compete in the air, hes weak and hes slow. I wouldnt even rate him as a good finisher alright he scored on saturday but it was complete luck that it fell to him in the first place. I think if we played someone with a lilte bit of pace we could of stacked up a lot more goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Merty111[/cite]personally , i think Mooney is useless, he cant compete in the air, hes weak and hes slow. I wouldnt even rate him as a good finisher alright he scored on saturday but it was complete luck that it fell to him in the first place. I think if we played someone with a lilte bit of pace we could of stacked up a lot more goals.

Good wind up. Sure you will get a good reaction from that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Merty111[/cite] I wouldnt even rate him as a good finisher alright he scored on saturday but it was complete luck that it fell to him in the first place.

A good striker is in the right place at the right time
  • Options
    Hope its true. Mooney is a channel runner and as such causes defenders positional problems, invites a through ball and creates space for attack minded midfielders. Not really had a good channels player since Garry Nelson. Invaluable option up front imho.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Merty111[/cite]personally , i think Mooney is useless, he cant compete in the air, hes weak and hes slow. I wouldnt even rate him as a good finisher alright he scored on saturday but it was complete luck that it fell to him in the first place. I think if we played someone with a lilte bit of pace we could of stacked up a lot more goals.

Fully agreed, absolutely correct ... now go back to sleep ;-)
  • Options

Are you Izale McLeod ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]

Are you Izale McLeod ?
    I was going to say maybe we should play McLeod then.
  • Options

It may have been luck that the ball fell to him. However, if you look again you'll see that he ran away from the pack to get to that unmarked position.

Therefore, he made his own luck.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]

Are you Izale McLeod ?

LMAO
  • Options
    Busted!

Good detective work, SHG.
  • Options
    If it was Mcleod he wouldn't have followed the flight of the ball, watched the defenders and stayed in space but he would have sprinted off in the wrong direction, jumped the hordings and morphed into a headless steeple chaser.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]If it was Mcleod he wouldn't have followed the flight of the ball, watched the defenders and stayed in space but he would have sprinted off in the wrong direction, jumped the hordings and morphed into a headless steeple chaser.
    And then get booked for taking his shirt off.
  • Options
    I love a player that has it in them to chase down the keepers - he does this, and defenders actually get scared with him running at them, most defenders resort to hoofing it. Miguel style.Who needs Rooney - we got Mooney. ;-) fingers crossed he can keep up the efforted performances, and stay for longer.
  • Options
    I reckon hes good for a goal if he starts on the weekend....

Ive got a good feeling about yoevil ( ut oh thats flippin jinxed it)
  • Options
    Sorry but if it came to having McLeod or Mooney I would rather have Izale in the team, of course Mooney deserves to be playing now and he was good on Saturday, but I've seen nothing from him that suggests he is going to offer something different than Burton, McKenzie or Sodje. I know Izale is a limited player but we need some pace in the team unless of course we want to have all slow big target men in which case we'll get more pace out of signing Paul Merson and dangling a hot dog in front of his head. Pace can win you games and it seems now people are more than ready to forget the way McLeod shook up defences with his running all the times he has come on that has strectched the defences, and everyone also seems more than happy to celebrate the goals he has scored that have turned out to be winners this season but as soon as he does one bad thing wrong he's hated again, some people are so fickle!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Sorry but if it came to having McLeod or Mooney I would rather have Izale in the team, of course Mooney deserves to be playing now and he was good on Saturday, but I've seen nothing from him that suggests he is going to offer something different than Burton, McKenzie or Sodje. nequote]

Yeah cos you seen a lot of Sodje!!!
  • Options
    Well enough to know he's not fast lol
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Oh Dear another newbie looking for the negatives. Very Poor Post 2/10 See me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Sorry but if it came to having McLeod or Mooney I would rather have Izale in the team, of course Mooney deserves to be playing now and he was good on Saturday, but I've seen nothing from him that suggests he is going to offer something different than Burton, McKenzie or Sodje. I know Izale is a limited player but we need some pace in the team unless of course we want to have all slow big target men in which case we'll get more pace out of signing Paul Merson and dangling a hot dog in front of his head. Pace can win you games and it seems now people are more than ready to forget the way McLeod shook up defences with his running all the times he has come on that has strectched the defences, and everyone also seems more than happy to celebrate the goals he has scored that have turned out to be winners this season but as soon as he does one bad thing wrong he's hated again, some people are so fickle!

I would much rather Mooney played. You can't justify picking McLeod ahead of him just because he's faster. What about other footballing skills like kicking, heading, and standing in the right place?
  • Options
    At the moment Mooney should be playing ahead of McLeod yes no doubt, but I don't think Mooney is an exceptional footballer and thus wouldn't offer anything that Burton, McKenzie or Sodje can't. As for other footballing skills, yes perhaps Mooney kicks the ball better than McLeod, not seen much of Mooney's heading, Izale has scored a goal with a good header this season and I've seen him win a few decent balls as well, standing in the right place well McLeod did that against Exeter as did Mooney against MK Dons. I'm all for Mooney playing and I have nothing against him but what I don't want to see is this overloving of him, for example the thread for a song for Mooney annoyed me because we have never sung anything for Izale despite his hardwork this season and Mooney plays one good game and then warrants one?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]I love a player that has it in them to chase down the keepers - he does this, and defenders actually get scared with him running at them, most defenders resort to hoofing it. Miguel style.Who needs Rooney - we got Mooney. ;-) fingers crossed he can keep up the efforted performances, and stay for longer.

I like it

"Who needs Wayne Rooney, We've got Dave Mooney"

[cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Sorry but if it came to having McLeod or Mooney I would rather have Izale in the team, of course Mooney deserves to be playing now and he was good on Saturday, but I've seen nothing from him that suggests he is going to offer something different than Burton, McKenzie or Sodje. I know Izale is a limited player but we need some pace in the team unless of course we want to have all slow big target men in which case we'll get more pace out of signing Paul Merson and dangling a hot dog in front of his head. Pace can win you games and it seems now people are more than ready to forget the way McLeod shook up defences with his running all the times he has come on that has strectched the defences, and everyone also seems more than happy to celebrate the goals he has scored that have turned out to be winners this season but as soon as he does one bad thing wrong he's hated again, some people are so fickle!

I would much rather Mooney played. You can't justify picking McLeod ahead of him just because he's faster. What about other footballing skills like kicking, heading, and standing in the right place?

Elbowing?