Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royals striker may stay at Valley

2»

Comments

• Options
    So you say that you'd rather have Izele in the team ahead of Mooney in one post and then say that Mooney should be playing ahead of McLeod in the next. Make your mind up.

No one is overloving Mooney. You just seem to be over reacting to some deserved praise for Mooney. Mooney needs to prove himself over a longer period but in the sub appearances he's made and against MK Dons he has done well IMHO.

People were just defending Mooney after he was ridiculously described as "useless" and that his goal on his first start was "lucky".
  • Options
    1.Well if you'd looked properly I clearly said in the FIRST post "of course Mooney deserves to be playing now".
    2. Yes he does deserve praise for a good game but not a chant made for him that should be after a series of good performances ala Sam Sodje, Semedo, Racon, Bailey, Jonjo and Deon. I do feel that sometimes our fans overlove some players like Chris Dickson at one stage.
    3. I think that one post was a wind-up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]Sorry but if it came to having McLeod or Mooney I would rather have Izale in the team, of course Mooney deserves to be playing now and he was good on Saturday, but I've seen nothing from him that suggests he is going to offer something different than Burton, McKenzie or Sodje. I know Izale is a limited player but we need some pace in the team unless of course we want to have all slow big target men in which case we'll get more pace out of signing Paul Merson and dangling a hot dog in front of his head. Pace can win you games and it seems now people are more than ready to forget the way McLeod shook up defences with his running all the times he has come on that has strectched the defences, and everyone also seems more than happy to celebrate the goals he has scored that have turned out to be winners this season but as soon as he does one bad thing wrong he's hated again, some people are so fickle!
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Mooney as a big slow target man. Neither is Sodje - he has pace, and McKenzie at least did, and probably still does. They offer different things.

McLeod for me is now 5th choice striker, but should be on the bench at times. He was most useful coming on from the bench, especially if we're already winning and can use his pace on the counter. Anyway, McLeod is banned for one more game, so it's not an issue until Tuesday. See how the other strikers do on Saturday and if any deserve to be dropped McLeod will probably be on the bench.