Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, Fraser is out. Do we ......

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
a) switch Youga to RB and play Basey at LB
b) play Ohmysuzi
c) shift Semedo to RB, play Bailey and Shelvey in CM

So if we can turn our thoughts to Saturday instead of Jordan's tits or Henry's cheating or DFT hating the Irish then I'd go with a).

Comments

• Options
    Unless Yeovil have a fearsome left winger, a) is the least disruptive.
  • Options
    In order of preference:

a)
    c)
    b)
  • Options
    a. As thai said least disruptive but still not totally comfortable with Kelly at RB.
  • Options
    a but it would be interesting to see c with Bailey & Shelvey together.
  • Options
    I'd bring in Semedo at RB. Switch Racon back to Central midfield and bring Basey into left midfield.
  • Options
    Semedo at RB for me, not a fan of 'wrong footed' players playing full back, think you can get away with it in virtually any other position bar this personally.

I'd go with VM suggestion.
  • Options
    C for me although Spring or Shelvey could play with Bailey in the middle.

McMoist also has has a valid option with our only natural wide left man included.
  • Options
    Like Henry I'm not that convinced with Youga at right back, but Basey has been impressive in his cameos so prefer option a) simply because he gets to play.
  • Options
    C.

Dont want to switch Youga to right back as not only is he not comfortable there, he would also be a loss going forward down the left hand-side. Think Shelvey maybe hungry too impress aswell, so start him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a. Basey put in a great performance against MK Dons. c. is appealing as would like to see Bailey & Shelvey play together in the middle - maybe thats for a home game...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]a. Basey put in a great performance against MK Dons. c. is appealing as would like to see Bailey & Shelvey play together in the middle - maybe thats for a home game...[/quote]

Basey came on for 27 minutes vs MK Dons when we were already 3-1 up - and was UTTER shite vs Southampton!

b) for me - it disrupts the team less than any others
  • Options
    Instinctively I'd say c) as it accommodates Shelvey's attacking threat and Semedo has been (IMO) the best of the many right backs we've seen over the last few years - but the correct answer - and I'm surprised nobody's thought about it - is really that it depends on what Yeovil's setup. I'm ignorant of how they play. If they have a pacy right winger then forget about a). If they play narrow then Basey improves our dead ball potency and adds strength at the back. Elliott seems to have been written off on the back of three performances where the whole team were garbage, largely on the basis that he is a loan (when he actually isn't), which is a bit unfair.
  • Options
    c but with Spring to replace him in midfield as before
  • Options
    I'd risk playing Youga at RB - he likes to get forward and will link with Sam. Maybe it's coincidence, but Sam went off the boil when Richardson first got injured and playing the way he does - a very wide right he needs good supply. As a one off and as Thai says provided Yeovil don't have a fantastic player on the left-wing then it's worth a trial.

I wouldn't switch Semedo to RB, that weakens CM where he is most effective and he doesn't tend to get forward as much as Youga will and therefore while he might be a better RB it'll limit Sam's game and weaken us in midfield.
  • Options
    I would actually give Omuzusi one last chance at RB.
    The other 10 should be the same as the last game. Not comfortable with Youga at RB and i don't think Basey is that good at LB. Definitely don't want to break up the midfield 4 so i think Omuzusi is the least disruptive. We can always change it at half time if he's playing shit.
    That said i'm pretty sure Parky will move Youga across.
  • Options
    Semedo is the gatekeeper in front of our defence, move him and you expose the soft underbelly of our centre backs.

If you can replace him effectively, then Semedo is certainly a very capable right back.

Personally, I feel that Parky will start Youga and Basey as full backs.
  • Options
    It will depend on the pace of the Yeovil winger (s).

If they have nobody too quick then the Basey option is the least disruptive.
  • Options
    I don't think we should be moving Semedo out of midfield.

Omozusi I've said before it's still early to judge if he's any good. Not every player comes in, gets thrown straight into the team (probably without being match fit) and is expected to do a good job. Mooney for example had plenty of time to train with the squad and a few sub appearances before he started.

Like others have said I think Parky will go with Youga and Basey. Omuzusi might make the bench this time. Of course some of it should be down to how Yeovil play and what type of threats they have. If they have pace down the right Basey could struggle, and depending on who they have in central midfield, it might be a big mistake to take Semedo out of there.
  • Options
    whatever happened to Sankofa?

played for us in the Prem a few times

shurely he would have been okay at this level - got to be better than Basey at least?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]whatever happened to Sankofa?

shurely he would have been okay at this level - got to be better than Basey at least?

He's at Southend now but injured I believe.
  • Options

At Southend and has been for a couple of years.
  • Options

He got released either towards the end of our Premiership days or when we dropped down to the Championship under Pardew (the latter more likely I think). I'm sure Sankofa could do a job at this level, but there was no point keeping him to cater for the possibility that we may get relegated again. If you did that you'd never release any youngsters! He was never good enough to play regularly in the 2nd tier.
  • Options
    Bring back Moo2 ?
  • Options
    Llera at right back!

Actually he's left footed isn't he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Bring back Moo2 ?

Thats just crazy talk!
  • Options
    Sodje might enjoy it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Llera at right back!
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Bring back Moo2 ?

Lay off the drugs!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]He got released either towards the end of our Premiership days or when we dropped down to the Championship under Pardew (the latter more likely I think). I'm sure Sankofa could do a job at this level, but there was no point keeping him to cater for the possibility that we may get relegated again. If you did that you'd never release any youngsters! He was never good enough to play regularly in the 2nd tier.
    He played a few games in 06/07 under Pardew, then we got relegated, signed a new 1 year deal but barely played. Like you say just not good enough for the Championship. Maybe he will be in the future, but he was 22/23 and had to find regular football.
  • Options
    i'd love moo2, but it is unlukely but rate him more so then any of our rb's tbh think he comes back in january does he not? hopefully he can get back in the set up

for this weekends game i think semedo at right back and bailey & shelvey in centre, put basey on the left. highly unlikely this will happen but think would be a very solid team and had to fit basey in somewhere as he deserves his chance