Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, Fraser is out. Do we ......

2»

Comments

• Options
    Straight swap Omozusi at right back. otherwise we waste Youga's attacking strenghs at right back and Basey is just not good enough.
  • Options
    I love reading how some of our posters like to move players around from position to position like a chess game.
    It sounds an easy solution and on paper, perhaps looks fine.

However, as anyone will tell you who's played the team game at any competetive level, you need to keep key players where they are most effective and for the sake of stability, keep as settled team as you can.

Moving Semedo to RB for example, strengthens that RB position - but at the same time weakens centre midfield defensively. It might even cost us the match.

Parky has previously weighed up that as Omo isn't yet match fit/good enough, bringing Basey on and moving Youga across is the most effective but least disruptive option he has.

Every manager knows a winning settled team is the key to success - and unless absolutely necessary, you keep changes to a minimum. And, anyway, players generally play best in their best position.
  • Options
    Again I do not know Yeovil

I would like least disruption to the team. Although Youga did ok on Saturday when switching flanks ( including a couple of forays forward ).I'm not sure whether I would want to see him there for a full game .

Like Konchesky I like Basey going forward rather than as a left back . He adds something from dead ball situations with his sweet left foot.

If Omo has improved hios fitness then that would be my choice.
  • Options
    Oggy - Spring has done well in the Semedo position previously (well I reckon anyway), so not too disruptive.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-west[/cite]a. Basey put in a great performance against MK Dons. c. is appealing as would like to see Bailey & Shelvey play together in the middle - maybe thats for a home game...

Basey came on for 27 minutes vs MK Dons when we were already 3-1 up - and was UTTER shite vs Southampton!

b) for me - it disrupts the team less than any others

Basey came on when the game was 2-1 and in his defence he helped set up 2 of the goals.

Although it's not ideal i'd go for option A.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Oggy - Spring has done well in the Semedo position previously (well I reckon anyway), so not too disruptive.

I agree Spring has done reasonably well there Salad, certainly from a distribution point of view ....... but he's no Semedo. And we lose Semedo's defensive qualities in midfield - tough tackling, physical strength, holding his position and the shape of the team.

Maybe it was Semedo's absence with injury that first triggered our dip in form, even though Spring played reasonably well?
  • Options
    that is true, on reflection probably best to keep Semedo in that key role where he is (usually) so effective
  • Options
    Why not Dailly at right-back & Llera in the middle?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Why not Dailly at right-back & Llera in the middle?

Is Dailly quick enough for right back?

Although, having asked that question, I can't think of an occasion offhand where he has been done for pace so far this season.
  • Options
    At 36 years old Dailly would be exposed for pace at RB, Oakster.

And as a Dailly has been superbly effective at CB this season, I wouldn't want to unsettle the team.
    If that was our only option, I feel it would be better to start with Omo.

Whatever you feel about him, at least RB is his correct position. And no tinkering with the team, moving key players away from their regular most effective position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]At 36 years old Dailly would be exposed for pace at RB, Oakster.
    So would Basey at left back though...

Agree about Semedo, Spring does ok, won't do a lot wrong, but that doesn't mean he's doing Semedo's job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]At 36 years old Dailly would be exposed for pace at RB, Oakster.

Chris Powell coped admirably at that age for us, a few seasons back.

Andy Welsh plays left-midfield for Yeovil, he spent a season over here with Toronto FC, I watched him a lot & is nothing special.
  • Options
    Basey in at LB. He's alright.