Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yeovil 1-1 Charlton - Post match views

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Can't wait to hear the accounts of those there. Sounds like one of those away games that will be talked about for a long time.

Great to see us show what sounds like a terrific attitude 2nd half, especially with ten men.

Comments

• Options
    With the added bonus that the other results went our way too !!!
  • Options
    Great display with 10 men, will definitely be one of those remembered for a long time ... my son caught his first classic game without me ... had to happen one day !
  • Options
    Hope the players are buzzing after that 2nd half. Should want to rip into Bristol Rovers on tuesday I hope.
  • Options
    Clem Side said:

Said it at half time would have been happy with a point before the game. Cracking point in the circumstances, sounds like we battered them second half. Shame we couldn't have kept 11 on the pitch might have been different.

Definite signs that Parky has got us going again.

On to Tuesday. 3 points hopefully and things start to look rosey again.
  • Options
    I will be able to wear my CL badge with pride ;0)
  • Options
    2 losses in 17.

Great 2nd half performance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I will be able to wear my CL badge with pride ;0)

ssshhh
  • Options
    Didn't go so can't comment on the performance. Pleased for the 1700 who braved the weather that we got a result. Safe journey home lads.

Shirty5, JohnyH2 and others. Have a few beers on the train journey home chaps, you certainly deserve them!!!

Here's to 3 points on tuesday night.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
  • Options
    Always one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    I didn't go to this one but got updates from my dad who was there. It was a quite an amusing contrast between the half time update (quite sweary and wet) and the full time one (very upbeat, but even wetter.) I really want to see this Sodje super goal now!
  • Options
    How many different goalscorers is it now?

In no order - Sam, Burton, Dailly, Sodje S, Sodje A, Wagstaff, Llera, Semedo, Shelvey, McLeod, Bailey.

Who am I missing (in league games)?

Tuna, McKenzie were in JPT matches...
  • Options
    what did shg say?

Sounds like a spireted performance. Will look forward to hearing from the CLIT guys and girls.

Bold decision to swap racon for sodje minor so well done PP

Still second as well.

How long is sodje major banned for?
  • Options
    One match suspension for Sam 'for denying goal-scoring opportunity' rather than three 'for serious foul play' ??
  • Options
    Sam?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]what did shg say?

Sounds like a spireted performance. Will look forward to hearing from the CLIT guys and girls.

Bold decision to swap racon for sodje minor so well done PP

Still second as well.

How long is sodje major banned for?[/quote]

I'd like to know as well.

If Sodje has been sent off for a professional foul then it's 1 game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]what did shg say?

a rumour he'd heard about Bailey going...

no problems with people posting rumours, positive or negative, but not something like that on a post match thread after what sounds like one of our most courageous and spirited performances for a very long time
  • Options
    Sam Sodje 1 game ban
  • Options
    Can't think of much to say except we battled well and the players fought for everything! Very pleased. Didn't thing sam could play in those conditions but I was pleasantly surprised.

Oh and it rained a bit - got a bit damp!

My fingers went prune like as if I'd been in the bath for an hour! Ridic!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just read Yeovil fans saying their keeper put in the best performance by a Yeovil keeper for years, and was their MOM by a mile........
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]what did shg say?[/quote]

a rumour he'd heard about Bailey going...

no problems with people posting rumours, positive or negative, but not something like that on a post match thread after what sounds like one of our most courageous and spirited performances for a very long time[/quote]

Why the hell would you post that on any post match thread!?! let alone one that is likely to be very very upbeat......some people just can't help themselves.
  • Options
    Along with Norwich, they are easily the best team I have seen this season. Their first touch and passing in those conditions was to be applauded. The way the 2nd half went, just proved what a great job they did in the first
  • Options
    Charlton were a class side even with 10 men kept the ball really well and semed to have the right footwear on compared to some of our lads
  • Options
    Yeovil: "A very good point,we were literally BATTTERED second half"
  • Options
    Parky: And reflecting on the rain-soaked backing Parkinson added: "The highlight of the day was our supporters. For 12-1500 to follow us down and stand in the pouring rain in the open terrace was incredible."

Well done for the HT Sub Phil, keep on lad, Parky's red & white army
  • Options
    That Yeovil forum is actually quite funny....

You think there are pointless moaning matches on here? There is currently a row breaking out over the lack of sachets of sugar in the kiosks! Apparently last week they ran out of hot chocolate.....ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!
  • Options
    Listened to match on CAFC player........2nd half sounded all one way and along with others cant wait to see 'Sodje the younger's' goal on tv tonight. Have we found our spirit again......sounded as though we have. Cant wait for Tuesday now........lets keep the passion going and bag another 3 points.
    Well done to all those who travelled down there and got soaked........I salute you all!! Have a safe jouney home.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Parky: And reflecting on the rain-soaked backing Parkinson added: "The highlight of the day was our supporters. For 12-1500 to follow us down and stand in the pouring rain in the open terrace was incredible."

Well done for the HT Sub Phil, keep on lad, Parky's red & white army
    Parky ensured that all the players gave us a clap at the end. Well done lads, played well considering the conditions. Great subs by Parky. Thought Bailey & Burton played really well. Sodje's goal was blinding. Despite the soaking have had a great day & i met Oggy, what more could you ask?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]& i met Oggy

and you're still standing...?

i've only met Oggy the once, that was enough for my liver!