Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yeovil 1-1 Charlton - Post match views

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]No, maybe not the best away game ever, but for atmosphere, entertainment and matchday experience it was pretty special wasn't it.

Train from Dorchester to Yeovil Pen Mill got held up for 15 minutes by a group of pikey kids without tickets, who jeeringly refused to move when the flustered guard told them to get off.Don't know how it was resolved, but the train eventually moved off with them still on it.
    Got soaked waiting for a 57 bus into town.
    The number 1 bus to the ground crawled along in traffic. At one point a group of drunken addicks got on and the banter was great.
    Out of the blue the quiet one of the group totally out of the blue slid of his seat onto his arse on the floor. Cue total hilarity.
    it became clear we were going to miss kick-off so the driver told the group to jump off and goin directions I couldn't hear to the ground.
    Me and the lad followed them.
    At one point one of the group strode ahead, maybe fed up with the slow moving high jinx of the others.
    He ducked across the main road through some trees on the other side. I yelled to my son "short cut" and followed him over only to find he'd gone for a slash.
    I turned back to see my son standing where I'd left him with a big grin on his face.
    Eventually saw the floodlights and sprinted to the turnstiles 15 mins after kick-off.

Steward directed us to front of crowd just to the right of the goal. My delight at the unobstructed view was tempered by the realisation there was nobody in front of us to block the weather!

Not much to add about the game that hasn't been mentioned on other threads; but from one goalkick Ikeme actually slipped completely on his arse.
    We struggled pretty gamely against the conditions first half but it became so clear that we needed to hang on at 0-0 till half time.
    I told my son if we were 2 down with 20 left we'd leave early.
    But that second half was awesome. When Sodje rifled in that glorious shot I was convinced we'd go on to win the game.

At half time I attempted to eat some ham sandwiches I'd brought in a by now rain sodden holdall. It was quite amusing as they went soggy and started to fall apart in my hand.
    Found a fiver on the pavement at Yeovil bus station and then like everybody spent an uncomfortable journey home in cold wet clothes that were stuck to me.
    It was a bit weird as no other addicks shared the route home from Yeovil Pen Mill. Me and my son sat stuck to our seats in a kind of bemused silence.
    What could we say?

Six, I have every reason to believe that was my fiver you found as I'd lost one in the carpark at the stadium whilst I was getting out of the car...it flew away in the wind and quite logicly it would have ended up somehere in the general direction of the bus station.
    Whisper me and we can arrange a link up tomorrow night so you can give it back to me..............fairs fair!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Then had to walk back on the same road with no paths, but this time with even more standing water and in the pitch black as there was also no street lighting.
    Fell into a hole in the grass bank at the side of the road trying to avoid cars, so got muddy as well, but eventually made it back in one piece.

Certainly an afternoon to remember, but am definitely glad I went.

seriously that must have been sooo dangerous. Dont suppose youw ere sensible enough to be wearing a high vis jacket or torch??? you must have been mad was the ground in the middle of nowhere then?
  • Options
    Ground was on an industrial estate some way from the town centre, etc

There were huge puddles of water lying across roads, and grass verges were soggy and very slippery.
    And being 5pm it was dark and not particularly well lit with street lighting.

And the torrential rain was driven horizontally stinging your face, so you could barely see where you were going.

Apart from that, it was fine!

;o)
  • Options
    Got to Pen Mill at 11.15, found a pub that didn't open until till noon. Made some noise and the good landlady opened the pub for us. Borrowed a bin liner from the pub, which delayed me getting soaked for a while. Got a cab to the ground (3.7 miles) and booked the cab for the return. Out of the 5 of us, 3 of them left at half time to go back to the pub, even after me telling them " hang on guys, we can win this one". Had to walk back to the station as the cab wasn't going to show up until 6. Had a quick couple of beers before getting the train home.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Six, I have every reason to believe that was my fiver you found as I'd lost one in the carpark at the stadium whilst I was getting out of the car...it flew away in the wind and quite logicly it would have ended up somehere in the general direction of the bus station.
    Whisper me and we can arrange a link up tomorrow night so you can give it back to me..............fairs fair!

SoundAs, I magically transformed that fiver into a bottle of Australian red and after a piping hot bath I polished it off while watching MOTD and FL highlights (including our ten seconds!)
    You wouldn't want it back now, trust me
  • Options
    first off, I took in two umbrellas and lost them both within five minutes as they were battered by the wind !! Mrs Large lasted ten minutes before retiring to the car to then listen to the commentary on Radio Somerset in the warm, who by the way, said we deserved to win and that we battered them for 45 minutes, which we did.

For me, that was the most pleasing 45 minutes I have witnessed for a long, long time. The ten players out there for the second half deserve the utmost respect for a totally committed performance. Every one of them played there hearts out and deserved a victory for the effort they put in. At half-time I was fearful of what was to come but, credit where credit's due, Parky played a blinder by removing Racon, sticking another forward on, narrowing the midfield and pushing the full-backs on. We totally dominated them and didn't get what we ultimately deserved. It's been a long, long time since I was as proud of the team as I was on Saturday and it was worth getting absolutely drenched to witness it.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

SoundAs, I magically transformed that fiver into a bottle of Australian red and after a piping hot bath I polished it off while watching MOTD and FL highlights (including our ten seconds!)
    You wouldn't want it back now, trust me

Err yeah....in that case consider it an early Christmas gift from me then.............LOL!!
  • Options
    just tell him the serial number to prove to him that it really was your fiver.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    highlights from Sky sports, probably been posted elsewhere, sorry if so.

wet
  • Options

Blimey, MoG ....... not only can you now copy & paste, but you can do live links.
    Most on here can't....(!)

;o)
  • Options
    Live Links Oggy ?

As Bear (Behaving Badly) says.........

"Confused !"

;-)
  • Options
    Dear Yeovil Town, thanks very much for treating us like 3rd world class citizens and putting us in an area with no roof. It was nice to get soaked to the skin. Without this experience the whole day would have been forgotten in a few weeks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Live Links Oggy ?

As Bear (Behaving Badly) says.........

"Confused !"

;-)

It was a compliment, MoG.
    You've been posting live links...... many on here haven't worked it out yet!

;o)
  • Options
    I still have no idea what a "live link" is.

;-)