Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team/Views/Predictions for Tuesday vs. Brizzle

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
It seems as though there are some real dilemmas for Tuesday, starting in goal as Elliot may be ready, also Richardson (anyone know if he will be fit) and if not do we stick with yesterdays backline minus Sodje. I was not at Yeovil yesterday so it would be interesting to hear peoples views on how Ikeme, Basey etc played and whether they deserve to keep their place?

Also the big one is upfront, McKenzie is not fit to start i am guessing from his bench omission but is Sodje? I would personally like us to stick with Mooney and Burton and use Sodje as a weapon off the bench if things aren't going to plan. Also Mooney was a victim of the red yesterday and after his MK Dons performance does not desrve to be dropped.

Finally I am right in thinking that Dickson can't play? And does this hinder or benefit Bristol Rovers?

Comments

• Options
    it hinders Bristol I beleive(dickson not playing) as he will know the weakness' of our defence..... so fingers crossed he cant play......

Sodje looked great from the 3 mins I got on Cafctv and also watching MK dons online last week..... hit the bar and cant see how that goal was off side.....

So Mooney and Burton to start and then Sodje to come on and bury them 3-1 .....

Come on you reds, my mate is taking his girl to her first ever charlton game so lets hope we get the result......
  • Options
    Llera in for Sodje. Everyone else the same.

Akpo to be used as an impact sub if we're not winning.
  • Options
    Elliot if fit in goal, if not would have to be Ikeme as cant keep changing keepers although prefer DR
    Back four unchanged
    Middle contreversal but i think should drop racon for shelvey, even if that means bailey going back on the left for a couple of games
    Up top Mooney & Burton, Sodje to come on for a bit of fire power if needed
  • Options
    really looking forward to this

can't do Saturday afternoons so has been a while since I've seen us on the hallowed turf (opening day in fact)

Llera comes in for Sodje but Mooney probably deserves to start though I'm really looking forward to seeing Sodje A play after reading everyone's reports from Sat

surely Bailey playing the centre has been one of the reasons for our improved performances in the last two games - why would Parky change that?

Dickson must be ineligible under the terms of his loan??

c'mon you Reds!!!!!
  • Options
    I reckon it'll be

Ikeme

Youga
    Dailly
    Llera
    Basey

Rocky
    Bailey
    Semedo
    Sam

Mooney
    Burton
  • Options
    must keep bailey in the middle - can't see how anyone can say otherwise after the last 2 games.
    I would give mooney another go ( he looked lively again saturday) and wasnt his fault he was taken off - with akpo on later in the game - I doubt if he could more than 45 mins now anyway.

If richardson is fit he should play as youga isnt that comfortable at RB - this means basey will be very unlucky as he was excellent on saurday.
    I would also bring back elliot if fit. However if neither are fit we are not a situation we need to rush them back.
    llera defo deserves his chance.
  • Options
    Pretty confident of 3 points. I hate being confident when it comes to Charlton.
  • Options
    what redman said, spot on
  • Options
    who the hell is rocky?
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nucSvl7VXVM
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Pretty confident of 3 points. I hate being confident when it comes to Charlton.

No easy games in this league.

Look at the Spanners against Wycombe for instance.
  • Options
    Llera in for Sam Sodje, Richardson back if he's fit, otherwise unchanged and Mooney to start alongside Burton.
  • Options
    Start Akpo, let him go at them for 60-70 mins and then bring him off. Judging by saturday he is by far and away the most dangerous forward we have.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    C'mon Parky prove yourself to Sir Lennie of Lawrence and give em that real big home spanking we've been waiting for... since our last home match.

party0023.gif
  • Options
    Players should be up for this one after Yeovil. Bristol won`t know whats hit them. 3 - 1
  • Options
    we seem to have some belief again 4-0 come on u addicks.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Bit worried by the 84 per cent predicting a Charlton win. Pride comes before a fall and all that. But as I am part of that 84 per cent 'positivity' vote , I'm not really worried.

Elliot back for me, if he's fit. But Richardson on the bench, even if he's recovered from his ailments. He got the lowest rating v MK Dons and clearly has an on-going fitness issue. Plus I'm a Basey fan and always have been.

In midfield, I'd be tempted to go for what Uncle said elsewhere he's looking forward to seeing : Shelvey in central midfield with two upfront. Problem with that is that it probably means pushing Bailey out wide again, teaming Jonjo with Semedo and dropping Racon.

That's problematic, as Bailey is clearly much more effective in central midfield than wide. Odd that we end up trying to fit Semedo, Bailey and Shelvey into two central midfield places, as it's fair to say that's surely not how anyone saw it panning out at the start of the season - or even after our six straight wins. Shelvey needs to play if he's to progress, but it's really difficult to fit him in at the moment. But the longer his spell on the sidelines continues, the more likely it is that he will leave in January, I think.

Up front, I'm not fussed. Burton plus either Mooney or Sodje is fine, I think. Sodje is guaranteed a great Valley reception after his wonder goal which we've all now seen on TV, so may be he comes on at Parky's customary 63 mins to give everyone - team and fans - a bit of a lift.

It will be one of those rare occassions when I give more than a cursory look at who's on the bench. It will be quite fascinating to see if Dizzy Izzy has now totally blotted his copybook like Dickson, or if Parky still has any faith left in him...

3-1 to the Charlton and Ak Sodje to score the third coming off the bench.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Same team as Valley McMoist... we shouldn't be risking either Richardson or Elliot, they have an extra week to recover for the Brighton trip which I think will be a stiffer test... give Akpo 20-30 minutes at the end and see if he can wreak some more havoc (think this is the role he'll be playing until he's match fit and until Mooney goes back to Reading - which I'm guessing we don't have much of a say in)

I'm agreeing with nigel above:

Charlton Athletic 3 Bristol Rovers 1

A tight affair in the first half, 1-1 HT... we come on strong in the last half an hour and Akpo gets his name on the scoresheet again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Same team as Valley McMoist... we shouldn't be risking either Richardson or Elliot, they have an extra week to recover for the Brighton trip which I think will be a stiffer test... give Akpo 20-30 minutes at the end and see if he can wreak some more havoc (think this is the role he'll be playing until he's match fit and until Mooney goes back to Reading - which I'm guessing we don't have much of a say in)

I'm agreeing with nigel above:

Charlton Athletic 3 Bristol Rovers 1

A tight affair in the first half, 1-1 HT... we come on strong in the last half an hour and Akpo gets his name on the scoresheet again

I agree with ISaw and ValleyMac ....... no point bringing back Elliot & Richardson tomorrow, when otherwise they've got a 10-day gap to get properly fit for the next league fixture.

Keep the back 4 that finished exactly where they are - they knitted together perfectly. Llera & Daily obviously, Youga looked fine at RB and Basey played the best game I've seen him play, and creative with it.

I'd love to see Jonjo back, but where to put him? You can't move Semedo or Bailey.

Bailey is on fire, he's everywhere, tackling, crossing, shooting ..... leading by example.
    Leave him exactly where he is ..... one of the cornerstones of the team. And Semedo is another rock, keeping the team shape, holding everything together, with a wonderful "Thou Shalt Not Pass" attitude.

Sam .... absolutely tortured Yeovil on Saturday, must start.
    So only Racon's place has a question mark. I'd give him another chance LM, not really his true position but not JonJo's either.

Burton has led the line brilliantly in this last 2 games, good movement, holding the ball up, good distribution, always bringing other people into the game, looks like he has a goal in him. Got to start.

Mooney was desperately unlucky to come off, and I would start him again tomorrow - but having seen Akpo at Yeovil, he's also worth a start - he was sensational and so positive. Maybe pre-arrange for Mooney to run his socks off for an hour, and Akpo to give a thundering performance for 30 mins against a tiring Rovers defence.

If this side play for each other with the same spirit and application as they showed in that 2nd half on Saturday, I can't see Rovers living with it. We just need to show a little more steadiness and composure in front of goal - and it could be another 5-1, like last week against Milk & Beans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wouldn't risk Elliott yet, nor Richardson if it's touch and go. I'd send Mooney back to Reading asap, just don't think he's good enough. Racon deserves being dropped.

Ikeme (last game though)
    Youga (the alternatives don't bear thinking about)
    Dailly
    Llera (don't know what some people have against him, doubt he's been sent off 11 times in his career like Sodje)
    Basey
    Sam
    Shelvey
    Semedo
    Bailey
    Burton (if he's capable of it)
    MacKenzie (if fit, if not Sodje although he only appears to have 45 minutes in him at present)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]wouldn't risk Elliott yet, nor Richardson if it's touch and go. I'd send Mooney back to Reading asap, just don't think he's good enough. Racon deserves being dropped.

Ikeme (last game though)
    Youga (the alternatives don't bear thinking about)
    Dailly
    Llera (don't know what some people have against him, doubt he's been sent off 11 times in his career like Sodje)
    Basey
    Sam
    Shelvey
    Semedo
    Bailey
    Burton (if he's capable of it)
    MacKenzie (if fit, if not Sodje although he only appears to have 45 minutes in him at present)

Firstly i disagree completely on two accounts, what is so wrong with mooney. he has done well wen played and did not really get a fair crack on saturday so deserves another chance, i think he links up well with Burton also.
    Secondly Llera is able replacement but how can you knock sodje and llera deserved to be dropped as he was making poor errors earlier in the season thats why ppl dont like him as much as when he first started playing for us. that said i do think he is alright and his long balls to lloyd sam are different class but when sodje and daily both fit shudnt play

End of Rant!!
  • Options
    whatever team he puts out should beat rovers quite comfortably really.they've not won atr our place since the 50's and it's not going to change soon. 3-0 cruise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Finally I am right in thinking that Dickson can't play?
    I think that's a bit harsh. He may not be very good, but to suggest he can't play at all is going over the top.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Finally I am right in thinking that Dickson can't play?
    I think that's a bit harsh. He may not be very good, but to suggest he can't play at all is going over the top.

;o)

Agreed Chizz........He dun alright for Dulwich 'Amlet !
  • Options
    COME ON YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!

Llera for the first flag pole, rising like a salmon, on his swede, into the onion sack, job done.
    3-0 haddocks, but sadly noooooooooooooooooo elliot to celebrate with at the end (sad face thing)
    BUT, a very welcome 3 points, its all back on!?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]COME ON YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!

Llera for the first flag pole, rising like a salmon, on his swede, into the onion sack, job done.
    3-0 haddocks, but sadly noooooooooooooooooo elliot to celebrate with at the end (sad face thing)

Lol and the translation is???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]COME ON YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!

Lol and the translation is???

Llera will score the first goal, jumping really high, on his head, into the net, goal.
    3-0 Charlton, but unfortunately no Elliot to be happy with at the final whistle :-(
    however, a jolly good 3 points, is automatic promotion to come!?

:-)
  • Options
    Not been able to go for a few games now and after missing Saturdays big game i am chomping at the bit. Early as poss down the Oak tonight. okay six oclock...

Home win. Up the addicks.
  • Options
    if the players are as fired up as me after the last 2 saturdays then we should win!