Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonjo on Tuesday

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Many of us would agree that whilst Jonjo is our most talented player, it is difficult to accomodate him in the team at the moment.

If (without suggesting that he will or should be) Jonjo was to start on Tuesday then what midfield/striker(s) would you play him with?

Comments

• Options
    Straight swap for Racon initially. Assuming Akpo isn't yet able to do 90 minutes start with Burton and Mooney (again assuming McKenzie injured).

If he (Jonjo) was to play centrally he would need one of Bailey or Semedo alongside him in a 4-4-2.
  • Options
    Agree len

but I feel he could do well on the left!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Agree len

Me too which is why I said straight swap for Racon. Racon played on the left against MK Dons and from what I have read started there against Yeovil.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Straight swap for Racon initially. Assuming Akpo isn't yet able to do 90 minutes start with Burton and Mooney (again assuming McKenzie injured).

If he (Jonjo) was to play centrally he would need one of Bailey or Semedo alongside him in a 4-4-2.

That cud be good call, he would do ok on the left and would be free to roam. surely this should be in the team for tuesday thread lads :-) watch out for admin
  • Options
    racon has been off the boil of late, and the body language he has shown seems to be poor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Agree len

Me too which is why I said straight swap for Racon. Racon played on the left against MK Dons and from what I have read started there against Yeovil.

Yea i agree especially as Bailey has come into his own since moved more central
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]racon has been off the boil of late, and the body language he has shown seems to be poor.

The fact that Parky considered Racon expendable at half time, indicates to me that Parky is fully aware that Racon has lost some of his effectiveness, despite the soggy pitch.

That decision would have been unthinkable in September.
  • Options
    JonJo was moved wide right in one of the early season games and he looked totally lost. Perhaps he can try Semedo's role when Jose gets another booking, he needs to play it simple rather than looking for the killer pass with every ball. Like Murphy, he had his chance when parky based the team around him and put in too many indifferent shifts. He'll now have to bide his time.
  • Options
    All players go through spells in a season when they lose a bit of form and effectiveness, it might be wise to rest Racon for a match or two and let him regain that sharpness.
  • Options
    looks like he has lost intrest in the cause.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]JonJo was moved wide right in one of the early season games and he looked totally lost. Perhaps he can try Semedo's role when Jose gets another booking, he needs to play it simple rather than looking for the killer pass with every ball. Like Murphy, he had his chance when parky based the team around him and put in too many indifferent shifts. He'll now have to bide his time.

I disagree slightly. I don't think Jonjo looked lost out there, I think the rest of the team looked lost without him in the middle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]JonJo was moved wide right in one of the early season games and he looked totally lost. Perhaps he can try Semedo's role when Jose gets another booking, he needs to play it simple rather than looking for the killer pass with every ball. Like Murphy, he had his chance when parky based the team around him and put in too many indifferent shifts. He'll now have to bide his time.

He wont have to bide his time to long
  • Options
    Ooh Uncle what do you know?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Ooh Uncle what do you know?
    First weekend in January. He's partnering Darren Ambrose up front for Palace.
  • Options

Everything .. Surely you know that by now ;-) How's you dear?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

Way off the mark on that one
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

D'oh how silly of me. Am grand ta. Hope you're ok, not heard much of your wise words on hear lately.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]

D'oh how silly of me. Am grand ta. Hope you're ok, not heard much of your wise words on hear lately.

Ha ha no i've just been reading everyone else's :-) Couldn't make saturday not been well but going tomorrow, My mum and dad were up there saturday though and said it was really good
  • Options
    JJ to WHAM with george michael lol! ;o)

Hope JJ gets infront of Racon next game and in the squad full time when Bailey goes Palarse!
  • Options
    I just hope he gets to play in center midfield with two forwards to pick out sooner or later
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I just hope he gets to play in center midfield with two forwards to pick out sooner or later

the question is does Parky feel he can play Jon Jo as part of central midfield pairing?

who would he pair him with? Semedo?

or Bailey?

would Jon Jo be able to play with the discipline to hold his position and not go looking for the ball too much?

if so then I'm sure we would all love to see him given the chance in there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

Way off the mark on that one
    Good!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I just hope he gets to play in center midfield with two forwards to pick out sooner or later[/quote]

Absolutely agree, Uncle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I just hope he gets to play in center midfield with two forwards to pick out sooner or later

the question is does Parky feel he can play Jon Jo as part of central midfield pairing?

who would he pair him with? Semedo?

or Bailey?

would Jon Jo be able to play with the discipline to hold his position and not go looking for the ball too much?

if so then I'm sure we would all love to see him given the chance in there

nail on the head with the 'discipline' quote, think Jonjo is a fantastic talent but sometimes he gets to involved in a game (if that's possible?) and will wander looking for the ball all the time (bit like a schoolboy). Will have to be far more controlled as part of a midfield pair, but then again he would have 2 forwards to pick out with defence splitting balls as opposed to just Burton?.

Tough one for Parky, but I suspect after a few weeks out of the limelight he's chomping at the bit to play again...he might not agree but I'm sure it's done him the power of good.
  • Options

Couldn't make saturday not been well but going tomorrow,

Hey, Uncle ..... I was looking out for you on Saturday, disappointed you weren't there. Get well soon, mate!
    As your people probably told you, you missed one hell of a day out.

My old mobile has died and I can't access my address book, so got another phone now.
    I'll whisper you my new number.

Hope to be up again before Xmas!
  • Options
    The answer may be to sell Bailey and put JJ in midfield with Semedo and Racon on the left and 2 strikers.
    As for wandering -so does Rooney, it;s just one of those "faults" you get with talented young players.
  • Options
    Does he wander or is that what he's instructed to do? How many of have ever seen parky telling him to stay in a certain position? How many of you are privvy to team talks? If Parky says right this 4 will cover midfield and jonjo i want you to cover as much ground as you can and be all over the pitch,is that him wandering or being out of position. No its him doing what he's told. I think before anyone can say he's always out of position they need to know what postion he's been told to play.
  • Options
    Would be good to see Jonjo play on the right hand side of midfield. Lloyd Sam perfromances due go up and down, so maybe the next time he has a poor perofrmance, Jonjo could go in there.
  • Options
    Does he enjoy that role Uncle, or would he prefer to be one of central two in a 4-4-2? Mate of mine who's usually a good reader of the game reckons he will turn out to be best in a deeper Patrick Viera type role, what do you think?
    I think the free role he's been asked to adopt is a bit of an ask for a 17 year old, no matter how talented.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]Does he enjoy that role Uncle, or would he prefer to be one of central two in a 4-4-2? Mate of mine who's usually a good reader of the game reckons he will turn out to be best in a deeper Patrick Viera type role, what do you think?
    I think the free role he's been asked to adopt is a bit of an ask for a 17 year old, no matter how talented.

Good call Prague. Playing in front of the back four normally has less presure. You're not expected to create much and don't have anyone to mark either and yet you see quite a bit of the ball. When you do have the ball you always have an easy option if you chose to take that.