Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonjo on Tuesday

2»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I just hope he gets to play in center midfield with two forwards to pick out sooner or later[/quote]

I would love to see a real experimental side once we go two or three up in a game:

Elliott

Richardson Sodje Dailly Youga

Sam(wide right) Bailey Racon (wide left)

Jonjo

McKenzie/Sodje Burton

I think some managers call this a diamond formation...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]Does he enjoy that role Uncle, or would he prefer to be one of central two in a 4-4-2? Mate of mine who's usually a good reader of the game reckons he will turn out to be best in a deeper Patrick Viera type role, what do you think?
    I think the free role he's been asked to adopt is a bit of an ask for a 17 year old, no matter how talented.

I think he just enjoys playing whatever the role but you are right its a big ask for a 17 year old. Personally i think center midfield with two forwards is he's best position but thats just my opinion, he see's and can thread lovely little passes through but its so much more difficult if you only have on forward to find.
  • Options
    You've got to envy a manager who can drop any of his midfield and repalce him with the quality of Shelvey, i'm sure Parkinson knows that he's a lucky man. My view is that Shelveys best position is lying deeper in a midfield two especially as he's pretty physically imposing for such a skillful player. Hope i get to see him tomorrow.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]Does he enjoy that role Uncle, or would he prefer to be one of central two in a 4-4-2? Mate of mine who's usually a good reader of the game reckons he will turn out to be best in a deeper Patrick Viera type role, what do you think?
    I think the free role he's been asked to adopt is a bit of an ask for a 17 year old, no matter how talented.[/quote]

I think he just enjoys playing whatever the role but you are right its a big ask for a 17 year old. Personally i think center midfield with two forwards is he's best position but thats just my opinion, he see's and can thread lovely little passes through but its so much more difficult if you only have on forward to find.[/quote]

Very true, and even more so when your sole forward is Burton who is not the paciest forward around by a long way.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It's interesting that there are two alligned yet opposite thoughts:

"He's only 17 but very good so should have the team moulded around him."
    vs
    "He's very good but only 17 so should expect to mould around the team"

I was shot down the other week (by Uncle & others) for moaning that he was playing too deep in midfield and got subbed when apparantly he was playing up front ?

I imagine he'd rather warm Wigan's bench than ours if they're prepared to treble his salary.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Does he wander or is that what he's instructed to do? How many of have ever seen parky telling him to stay in a certain position? How many of you are privvy to team talks? If Parky says right this 4 will cover midfield and jonjo i want you to cover as much ground as you can and be all over the pitch,is that him wandering or being out of position. No its him doing what he's told. I think before anyone can say he's always out of position they need to know what postion he's been told to play.

mine certainly wasn't a criticism, I'm sure as the '2nd' striker/5 midfielder he's given license to wander and cover as much ground as possible. I only stated that I'm sure he'd have to be more disciplined in a flatter midfield 4, didn't say he couldn't do it!!....and I'm sure as you say he'd relish having 2 strikers to pick out in front of him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]The answer may be to sell Bailey and put JJ in midfield with Semedo and Racon on the left and 2 strikers.
    As for wandering -so does Rooney, it;s just one of those "faults" you get with talented young players.

Rooney doesn't play as one of central midfield pairing does he!!!

that my was my point!
  • Options
    Id love to see shelvey back in there.. I bet he is raring to go and will score or an assist the moment he is back on the pitch........