Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"There's Only One Lennie Lawrence"...........

2»

Comments

• Options
    read somewhere it's the 2nd time...
  • Options
    Lennie came back to the Valley in the 90's with Bradford and we welcomed him back then.

Look guys if you want to blame someone, blame me. As I said I was about to do it, he went back in and the moment was lost. There was plenty in the match programme so it's not as though the club didn't acknowledge the integral and vital role that Lennie played in keeping our club afloat and punching well above it's weight back in the dark days of the 80's.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Lennie came back to the Valley in the 90's with Bradford and we welcomed him back then.

Look guys if you want to blame someone, blame me. As I said I was about to do it, he went back in and the moment was lost. There was plenty in the match programme so it's not as though the club didn't acknowledge the integral and vital role that Lennie played in keeping our club afloat and punching well above it's weight back in the dark days of the 80's.

It was Luton
  • Options
    dont blame anyone were not the type of club to acknowledge our greats like some clubs,and when we do its always poxy.
  • Options
    Unfair to blame you when you have no idea of Lennies movements (in a footballing sense).

As you say the moment was lost if he had gone in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Unfair to blame you when you have no idea of Lennies movements (in a footballing sense).

As you say the moment was lost if he had gone in.

When the teams came out he walked along the track by the West Stand (where he did receive a welcome from the fans) and then sat in the seat next to the dugout and stayed there till half time.

BDL i am not blaming you as you have a diffcult job to do and do it very well. IMHO the club should have made more of an effort like when Kinsella returned.
  • Options
    BDL its not on your shoulders mate.........

the club should have made a fuss.....
  • Options
    i make it that this is his fourth visit back,2 at middlesboro early 90's,once for luton 1995 and again for rovers the other night. i reckon lennie would be quite cool about his treatment from charlton overall and don't think that bdl has anything to worry about.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Did you see them over on 606?
    Not very happy with BDL?
    It's all his fault.
    ' Billy Bunter' he called you BDL!

Sticks and Stones - I assume that the old Cyber warrior Mr. Gray was responsible for this?

Fight! Fight! Fight!