Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Akpo Sodje (ed. Loan extended until Jan 9th)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: P_Air[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Akpo is the new ......KILLER!

Needs more beard.

And a beer gut...
  • Options
    Gotta love Brian Laws! Varney better than Akpo and Burton?! Quick lets sign Akpo while he's not looking! Mug!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: P_Air[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Akpo is the new ......KILLER!

Needs more beard.

And a beer gut...

And a shotgun...
  • Options
    And a flag ......Che Akpo.
  • Options
    Perhaps he can have a punch up with McLeod...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]d) they'd rather try and do a deal for Varney or A.N.Other than have Akpo back
    They also have Francis Jeffers, would be interesting to see how their fans opinions on the four strikers compares to ours.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Perhaps he can have a punch up with McLeod...

would it be wrong to hope that Akpo gave him a proper shoeing if he did??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Perhaps he can have a punch up with McLeod...

would it be wrong to hope that Akpo gave him a proper shoeing if he did??

No. And if he's not too tired, perhaps he could have a go with Dickson.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]d) they'd rather try and do a deal for Varney or A.N.Other than have Akpo back
    They also have Francis Jeffers, would be interesting to see how their fans opinions on the four strikers compares to ours.

Suffice to say, they all think he's a complete and utter muppet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

Suffice to say, they all think he's a complete and utter muppet.
    I don't think anyone would be surprised at all by that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Presumably though Brian Laws prefers Jeffers to Sodje? Or did he let him go on trial purely to get him match fit?
  • Options
    Looks like Jeffers is transfer listed. Found this on their OS, linked from his wikipedia page. Wiki says he appeared to headbutt an opponent.
    Jeffers fined and transfer listed
    Posted on: Wed 26 Aug 2009
    Sheffield Wednesday has issued Francis Jeffers with a club maximum fine following his sending off at Port Vale in round two of the Carling Cup on Tuesday night.

The forward has also been placed on the transfer list following this incident, which the club deems totally unacceptable.

Sheffield Wednesday manager, Brian Laws, said: "Having reviewed the incident for which Francis Jeffers was sent off at Port Vale, the player has been issued with the maximum fine the club can impose and has also been placed on the transfer list."

"His conduct last night was totally unacceptable and something that this football club will not tolerate from any player. We have therefore enforced the heaviest punishment available to the club with immediate effect and transfer listed the player. The kind of behaviour enacted on Tuesday night is completely unacceptable and does not represent what Sheffield Wednesday stands for and clearly sets a bad example for the game of football."

"I would like to apologise to our fans and especially the fans that attended the game last night, some of whom face major sacrifices to attend games, and deserve to be proud of our players - they have obviously have been let down by this incident."
    http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10304~1769192,00.html
  • Options
    remember the incident well seeing it on the highlights show, was a total moron and cos he was bleeding more from the butt he tried to show the ref it was him that had received the blow... surprisingly no takers for Jeffers!

they have Tudgay, Clarke and the on-loan Varney ahead of Sodje and have said they want to use Wood's wages to fund a move for a striker...
  • Options
    They like Varney, remember ....... he was on loan for an extended period at Sheff Wed last season.
    And he's there again this year.

Read somewhere Weds would like to sign him permanently.

And to raise funds, sell somebody ........Akpo?
  • Options
    has the closure of so many boozers in the area got something to do with Jeffers leaving ?
  • Options
    Few friends from swillsborough seem to think he's just here to get fit, seems to be general consensus amoungst their fans
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Few friends from swillsborough seem to think he's just here to get fit, seems to be general consensus amoungst their fans
    Seems to be what every Sheff Wed fan thinks.

I'm guessing they probably aren't sure if they want to keep him or not, that's part of the reason he is out on loan. If they say they're selling him in January now, say the loan was with a view to a permanent move, that pretty much means he won't be coming back. By saying he's just getting fit they could bring him back, or if they sign one or two new strikers, let him go, giving that as the reason.

I think we have a chance of signing him, even if the move was originally to give him some games and get him fit. Could well depend on who Sheff Wed sign.
  • Options
    Isn't Akpo out of contract in the summer?

He's a local lad here - word is, he wants to come home.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Isn't Akpo out of contract in the summer?

He's a local lad here - word is, he wants to come home.

Yeah contracts up in summer
  • Options
    Come home super Akpo, mummy sodje misses you haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laws is a canny manager, and as far as I'm aware Akpo has been fit at Wednesday. Let's face it every time he get's fit at Wednesday and into the first 11 he get's injured. I reckon Laws is happy to move him in and is a very similar situation to Burton last season. Having said that if Laws thinks his strikers need a kick up the proverbial he'd probably be happy to risk taking Sodje back and losing him on loan. But at the moment from here it looks like Laws is happy for him to leave and sees his wages as wasteful to the overall budget.

I'd be real happy if Akpo signs on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]is a very similar situation to Burton last season

got it in one, my wednesday mates said the same
  • Options
    Oh dear, that is bad news. Lets hope Feeney scores some goals for them so Law will think they don't need Sodje back.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Think we are losing sight of the fact that we made a specific point that he was "joining with a view to a permanent move" If there was no chance of that happening why say it?. Clearly we wanted to take a look as he has had injury problems in the last couple of seasons and we don't want to end up in another Leon Mckenzie situation.

Tend to agree with Colin that Laws is using the situation to stoke the fire in his other forwards. Pretty sure that if he goes back to Weds he will be in the queue behind Tudguy, Varney, Feeney, Jeffers and Leon Clarke (not sure if he is fit).

At the very least I expect the loan to be extended. If we ship out a couple - Dickson, Fleetwood and possibly Mcleod I think he'll be ours on an 18 month contract.

Dont underestimate the influence Sam will have on his decision to stay or go back.
  • Options
    Dont underestimate the influence Sam will have on his decision to stay or go back.[/quote]

I really hope this is the case. The way I see it is that even a fully fit Sodje at Wednesday would struggle to displace Tudgay and if Laws wants to sign Varney permanently, then where would Sodje fit in. A concern is that Sodje is yet to start for us and may not want to stay on the bench. My opinion is that if Reading want Mooney back Sodje would be first choice alongside Burton. Also even though there is little in it, given the choice I would rather Sodje stay than Mooney or if we can afford only one, then it is Sodje!

Who'd have thought, we have a major dillema about two loans that we want to keep?
  • Options
    I see no reason why we can't have both.

Mooney on loan til the end of the season and agreed first option and price now.

Akpo for a nominal fee in Jan.
  • Options
    the reason we can't have both imo is that it would mean offloading players, the players we want to go may not be wanted by anyone for the money we need- certainly Dickson and Fleetwood have not set the world alight with their loan spells. Also who would want McLeod?
    This would mean possibly having to sell one of our better players to finance Mooney and Sodje!
  • Options
    Does anyone know how MOO2 has been getting on in Scotland? hopefully someone may spend on him in January along with Dicko going.
  • Options
    Yassin Mouatakil has been a regular in the Motherwell team and appears to be doing very well; the fans think he is excellent.