Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic 4 - 2 Bristol Rovers - Post match thoughts and analysis

124»

Comments

• Options
    They were a pretty naff side, not sure I'd prefer any of their's over any of ours, Kuffour apart, although he'd only be effective in a 4-4-2. Seems harsh for their fans to slag off Dickson when they have a mediocre squad and poor tactics.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The 4th official was called Breakspear.

If the good Airman is correct in stating that the scoreboard only responded to his (the 4th official) instructions then perhaps he sampled too much of the family brew (jolly nice it is too) prior to the match

:-)

Len, as I'm sure you know if you're a bitter man (drink, not personality!), it's actually Brakspear. Comparatively recently they were taken over by Wychwood (whose stuff always tasted like homebrew to me). They have built a new brewhouse and incorporated a lot of the original Brakspear equipment.

http://www.brakspear-beers.co.uk/

(w)hick-ford
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: wickford[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The 4th official was called Breakspear.

If the good Airman is correct in stating that the scoreboard only responded to his (the 4th official) instructions then perhaps he sampled too much of the family brew (jolly nice it is too) prior to the match

:-)

Len, as I'm sure you know if you're a bitter man (drink, not personality!), it's actually Brakspear. Comparatively recently they were taken over by Wychwood (whose stuff always tasted like homebrew to me). They have built a new brewhouse and incorporated a lot of the original Brakspear equipment.

http://www.brakspear-beers.co.uk/

(w)hick-ford

A little poetic licence my man :-)
  • Options
    That is what I SUPposed!
  • Options
    Was it named after the only Englishman to be Pope?