Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

rubbish footballers who have been around for years

Comments

• lol ....... you'd be surprised how "world class" the rubbish players are, if they played as a ringer for your Sunday side.

;o)
  • Mark Hately
  • Marleene Harewood aka Mr Pointy Head. Only player who's neck is wider that his nut.
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]francis jeffers
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Surprised no one has said.....Francis Jeffers

Doh!

It was late!! OK? bloody spudz fans coming on here moaning all the time..............
  • Marcus Bent
  • Are some of these posts geniune?

Giggs - over 800 games for the countries biggest club.
    Barry - regular for Villa, now City and England
    Torres - one of the worlds best strikers

How are these players rubbish?

Anyway, i will add Jody Morris (now playing in Scotland), Ade Akinbiyi and Shola Ameobi
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Gareth Barry? Behave. England look a much better player with him in the side alongside either Gerrard or Fat Frank. That must make him a decent player. And Fernando Torres has to be a wind-up. He's the best striker in the world when fully fit, bar none.

This thing about Torres is that when he plays well he is unplayable. But when he has a mare (which is probably 1 every 4 games) he has a real shocker. Touch of a baby hippo sometimes. But agree when he is fully fit and on fire, the best striker in the world. And who said Crouch!!!?? he's not the most natural of footballers, but he's a definite handful.
    As for overrated footballers....

Nani, Lucas Neill, Gilberto Silva (i hate the way people say 'oh he does the neat tidy stuff'...no, he commits needless fouls and gives the ball away), Rio 'im relying on Vidic' Ferdinand.
    Although the worst is Voronin. How this bloke has earned so much money from football is beyond me.
  • dean windass and robbie savage
  • Ade Akinbiyi maybe the worst striker to grace the prem ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Djimi Traore
    Andy O'Brien
    Brian Jensen (the amount of mistakes he makes is unreal, so many of the goals Burnley concede he could do better with imo)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Ade Akinbiyi maybe the worst striker to grace the prem ever.

Years ago, a good amateur footballer mate of mine had a trial at Bristol City - and the successsful triallists on the day were invited back to take part in the first team squad training.

At the training ground, the squad divided into two for a full sized practice match, and Akinbiyi was playing on the other side - he was virtually unplayable, his movement was all across the front line, his pace and power left regular Bristol City 1st team defenders trailing, scoring a number of goals and laying on assists.

Okay, silly little story ...... but just to illustrate some of these "rubbish" players look world beaters in training ....!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Ade Akinbiyi maybe the worst striker to grace the prem ever.

Years ago, a good amateur footballer mate of mine had a trial at Bristol City - and the successsful triallists on the day were invited back to take part in the first team squad training.

At the training ground, the squad divided into two for a full sized practice match, and Akinbiyi was playing on the other side - he was virtually unplayable, his movement was all across the front line, his pace and power left regular Bristol City 1st team defenders trailing, scoring a number of goals and laying on assists.

Okay, silly little story ...... but just to illustrate some of these "rubbish" players look world beaters in training ....!

LOL made me chuckle though. Yea some can look so promising in training and then when it comes to real match situations they just dont live up to expectaion.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Ade Akinbiyi maybe the worst striker to grace the prem ever.

I know someone that had a trial at Bristol City. Might be the same person. Kenny Pavey?
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: KBslitttlesis[/cite]Gary Doherty! Cant believe that tall lanky ugly bloke still gets in any team. He is really bad!

Aw bless the Ginger Pele. Truly sh1te but used to run his socks off. I think David Pleat must of confused him with John Hartson when he was told to buy the Ginger one from Luton. It must be said he was a better centre forward than he was a centre half. You just have to look at the partnership he built with Sergie Rebrov to see they would strike the fear of god into their opponents...the fear of laughing at the pair of them for 90 minutes.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Gilberto Silva

Er, no. Arsenal have won nothing since he left, and he has captained Brazil regularly, the best/second best international side in football. He is in no way rubbish.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Gilberto Silva

Er, no. Arsenal have won nothing since he left, and he has captained Brazil regularly, the best/second best international side in football. He is in no way rubbish.

lol, You've not really quoted my whole post. Didnt say he was rubbish. Said he was over-rated.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]

lol, You've not really quoted my whole post. Didnt say he was rubbish. Said he was over-rated.

Apologies. I'll swap "rubbish" for "overrated" in my original post and the point stands.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

Apologies. I'll swap "rubbish" for "overrated" in my original post and the point stands.

I think he gives the ball away far too often for the type of player he is. I'll accept that he is a very good player without the ball but i dont rate him with it.
  • Not sure if he is still playing now but Frank Sinclair he truly was pony, also played 5-a-side against him a few years ago & he was truly crap worst player on the pitch, has clearly robbed a living from football. Also holds the record for the most ridiculous own goals ever scored by one player.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslitttlesis[/cite]Gary Doherty! Cant believe that tall lanky ugly bloke still gets in any team. He is really bad!

Aw bless the Ginger Pele. Truly sh1te but used to run his socks off. I think David Pleat must of confused him with John Hartson when he was told to buy the Ginger one from Luton. It must be said he was a better centre forward than he was a centre half. You just have to look at the partnership he built with Sergie Rebrov to see they would strike the fear of god into their opponents...the fear of laughing at the pair of them for 90 minutes.

he pretty much single handedly knocked us out of the cup when he came on as a sub, and we went from 2-0 up with 30 mins left to a 2-4 defeat.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Not sure if he is still playing now but Frank Sinclair he truly was pony, also played 5-a-side against him a few years ago & he was truly crap worst player on the pitch, has clearly robbed a living from football. Also holds the record for the most ridiculous own goals ever scored by one player.

Didnt he score two winners for the opposition in one week at Leicester?!
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

I think he gives the ball away far too often for the type of player he is. I'll accept that he is a very good player without the ball but i dont rate him with it.

Well seeing as football is the name of the sport, so if Gary thinks hes rubbish with the ball i think Garys point is more than valid.
  • I'm awsome when i don't have the ball. When i have to kick it i'm shocking. ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]I'm awsome when i don't have the ball. When i have to kick it i'm shocking. ;)

Quoted from Gilberto himself there mate? :-)
  • paolo dicanio.
  • nick barmby. seems to have been around forever
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]paolo dicanio.

WAAAAYYYY lol nice timing Curb_it :-)
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

I know someone that had a trial at Bristol City. Might be the same person. Kenny Pavey?

I know Kenny. Doing really well for himself out in Sweden with AIK. Just won the Swedish double.
  • Surprised no-one has mentioned the other Neville, Gary. Alex Ferguson's perennial 'blindspot', years and years of aimless, hopeless long balls, not forgetting some hurrendous defending and being singularly at fault for truck loads of goals. How he has lasted so long in one of the best team's in the world is astonishing. Would never had played for England had he not been at Man Utd.